Just not my day.

My Vampire Story

"Are you going to school today?" Jinki asks me. "Are you giving me a choice?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "Go to school. What's the worst that can happen? If you start to feel unwell, just call me." He says. "Yes Omma" I sigh rolling my eyes. I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. "Let's go to school then and see how this beautiful sunny weather ruin my day." I sigh. The fact that I am half of a vampire has just kicked in for me and my mood swings are getting really bad. One moment I am happy and laughing, the next I am crying and I don't even know why. It happened ever since I first tasted blood.

 

I walk to the bus stop and check the time. 8:15am. I am late for my bus. The next one won't arrive for a while so I decide to walk all the way to school and enjoy the beautiful weather. Hopefully it can change my mood. I spot a group of 4 children holding ice cream's heading the opposite direction. A young boy walks right into me and spills his ice cream all over my skirt. "My icecream! Look what you did! If you were paying attention this would happen." He says angrily. A woman arrives soon after and the young boy starts to cry. "Omma my ice cream" He wails. "It's okay Joonie, we will buy you another one" She says picking him up her arms she starts to walk off. "Excuse me, but what are you going to do about my uniform?" I ask. She eyes me up and down. "I'm sure you are old enough to figure that out on your own." She says before walking away.

 

I go to the closest shop and buy tissues. I wipe away as much of the ice cream away as I can before walking to school. Okay, one bad thing happened today, it can't get worse? Can it?

 

As I am walking it starts to rain. People run for shelter as it rains but me? I just continue walking as if there isn't any rain. My mood fits in with the gloomy weather. The rain gets heavy and the wind picks up and I arrive at school after what seems like hours. I walk down the lonely hallway towards my class. Right now, I don't want to be here, but there is nowhere else I can really go. I arrive at my classroom and open the door without knocking. Everyone in the classroom stop's what they are doing and they all stare at me. I ignore their stares and walk towards my seat. I ignore the teachers scolding and I sit down. "Did you say something miss? Just continue the lesson." I say. I hear students whispering to each other but I ignore it as I sit in my own little world.

 

I rest my head on the table and close my eyes, falling into a deep peaceful sleep. No bad dreams or visions of my parents. Nothing. I wish that I could sleep like this forever or be able to sleep without bad dreams. Slowly I wake up. I look around and am greeted by an empty classroom. I stand up to stretch when a jacket falls on the ground. I pick it up and read the name badge. "Finally awake are we sleeping beauty?" I turn around and see a familiar figure leaning against the door frame. I go to check the time. "School ended 30 minutes ago. You are a heavy sleeper." He says. I just stare at him. "I was going to wake the princess up, but she looking so peaceful sleeping." He says as he walks towards me. Finally stopping in front of me. "This is yours" I carelessly throw the jacket towards him and head for the door.

 

"I wish you were mine." He says. I stop walking. "Well you aren't." I say. He turns around and steps in front of me. "Nobody has ever rejected me before. That is until you did. It just makes me love you more." He says. "Don't throw that word 'love' around so easily like that" I say. "That’s why I wish you were mine. Stubborn but smart. I know nothing about you which makes me attracted to you. I wish I knew more about you." He says. "Look, Myungsoo. I don't like you and I never will. Just give it up." I say walking away. He grabs my arm and pulls me back. "You know how I feel about you. I like you and I don't know why you left me." He says. "Stop wasting time chasing me and move on. It's been 3 years already." I say pulling my arm away from him. I walk outside.

 

Kim Myungsoo. I went out with him for 2 months, about 3 years ago. He was and still is a cute, handsome, hot and popular. But I guess popular cute boys just aren't my style. For one, everyone knows who he was. Even the Ahjumma's who sell the spicy dukbokki across the school knew who he was. Because he is perfect, everyone wanted a piece of him and I'm selfish, wanting him all for myself. Or maybe I wasn't selfish. I was his girlfriend, of course I don't want other girls touching him or talking about how skinny jeans suit him the best. The thing is, he didn't mind when girls fanned over him. In fact, he enjoyed it. I was jealous and I knew the relationship wasn't going to work so what was the point? I tried talking to him about it but he just ignored me or said it was normal for him and I had to get used to it.

 

I dumped him and that is another reason why people in this school don't like me. I am the bad tempered girl who is Kim Myungsoo's ex. Why couldn't I be known as the piano genius or the sport prodigy? When we broke up, people approached me about it and started teasing me or saying it wouldn't last anyway so I got violent with them. I told him to leave me alone and he did for the past 3 years. Why is he suddenly talking to me again? Whatever it is, I don't want to know.

 

I walk down the hall and walk outside the school. I stretch and ignore the stares from the people walking on the sidewalk. Myungsoo walks behind me and knocks into me. He turns around and winks at me and I scoff. I walk in the opposite direction of him, telling myself not to get involved with him. Even if this means avoiding him.