My vampire side

My Vampire Story

I enter the school hallway and am greeted by students staring at me. I ignore it and quickly head to the music room to get in some practice before classes. There are 10 small rooms that have each contain basic instruments and equipment. At the end of the hallway there is the main room where music classes are held.

I go to the first room and stop outside the door when I hear music in the last room down which is strange because no one is usually here in the mornings. I shrug it off and walk inside. I play the first song that comes into my head. After a few songs, I hear someone open the door. I continue to sing and play the piano. “Who are you and what do you want?” I ask as soon as I finished.

"Are you okay?" I hear a voice ask me. I stand up and turn around. "I need to talk to you. Sit down now." I say. He obediently sits on the ground. I sit across from him. "You tell me what happened yesterday and don't lie to me." I say. "What do you want to know?" He asks. "Was it you that punched N when I was on the ground?" I ask. He sighs and looks down at his hands. "Jonghyun, why did you do it?" I ask. He doesn't respond. "You shouldn't have done that. You ruined everything. Now what are people going to think of you?" I ask raising my tone. "Can we just forget about it? I'm sorry for standing up for you. You are Jinki's sister and I have to protect you. He asked me to look out for you in school. He is my Hyung and I respect him." He says. "Listen. Everything was going fine yesterday until you showed up. Because of you, everything is messed up. My plan was working but you just had to get involved." I say. Jonghyun didn't really mess up the plan, but him getting involved with cause more trouble for me since he is a popular person. All the hate and blame will go towards mainly me. "What plan?" He asks. Opps. I mentioned the plan. "Tell me." He says. "No it’s none of your business." I say. I stand up and turn around. "Let's forget this ever happened. Take this as a learning experience and don't you dare try getting in my way next time. I don't care if Jinki tells you to look after me. I'm telling you to leave me alone." I say.

I walk back to the piano and ask Jonghyun to leave. He doesn't respond. He walks over and sits next to me. I stand up. "Listen, we have no relationship at all. We are strangers. All I ask is you to leave me alone. I don't want to have Jinki oppa be the reason why I have to talk to you." I say. “I am not leaving and you can’t make me” He finally says. "Okay then, I will leave" I say picking up my belongings. I walk outside and go to the next room. I sit at the piano and am about to play when I hear the door open. "I suggest you leave before I get really angry and hurt you." I say turning around. "You won't be able to hurt me. You are just a small little defenceless girl. Are you kidding right now? You? Hurting me?" He laughs. I can't help but notice a flash of disappointment in his eyes.

"I praise you for your confidence, but it isn’t as high as mine” He mocks. That tone in his voice, he is definitely looking for trouble. I close my eyes and try to calm down but it just keeps getting worse with every word that comes out his mouth. He continues mocking me. I open my eyes, feeling the heat radiating off of them. Jonghyun looks at me with awe. ‘Pretty eyes’ I hear his thoughts as I look in his eyes, I look down in embarrassment. I couldn't control my emotions and now he saw my eyes change. Out of the whole school why did it have to be him? The popular handsome boy of the school. He walks up to me and lifts my chin, getting a better look of my eyes.

“Don’t hide” He says, still admiring my eyes, but secretly fearing my next move. “So you can go around and tell the whole school I am a freak?” I say angrily with a hint of fear. “Well I was thinking of that. How are you going to stop me from doing that?” He asks with a wink. My inner vampire is awakened and I'm not going to stop her. I grab his hand and use it to twist his whole body around so his back is facing me.

“I could kill you” I whisper into his ear, sending a chill down his spine. I could never actually kill him but its fun seeing him scared. I hear his breathing become irregular. “Well, Oppa?” I ask. I feel him tense up. I let my guard down for a second and he pulls out of my grip and grabs both my arms and pushes me against a wall. He looks straight into my eyes. I struggle out of his tight grip. “Looks like I am stronger than you” He smirks. "You’re right. You are stronger than me.” I say. He looks at me with a disappointed look on his face. Right at that moment, I pull away from him and grab him by his collar. I push him against the wall, his doe-like eyes gazing at me. I look into his mind and see visions of me his bare neck. My inner vampire is now fully awakened.

I roughly pull his head back by his hair, revealing his bare neck. “This is what you want, right?” I whisper while covering his neck with my mouth. He leans into my touch and I smirk. My two fangs have grown and I run them against his skin. He is hypnotised under my touch. I find an area away from any vital veins and press my sharp teeth into his skin. The sweet delectable red blood oozes from the wound.

He groans loudly as I the blood out of his body. His arms wrap around my waist pulling me closer to him but I'm too busy to notice. I recall what Jinki told me about feeding and make sure not to take too much blood, otherwise it could kill him. A few blissful moments later, I pull away and try to catch my breath as I lean against the wall, standing next to him. “That was amazing” He says after a while. “Didn’t you find it weird or anything?” I ask after my eyes return to their normal colour. I feel different. It's a weird sort of different but not in a bad way. I feel connected to him in some way that I can't point out.

“It was weird, but I enjoyed it” He says looking down at me with a smile. “So, you’re a vampire?” He asks. I look down at my feet and sink down to the floor. My whole body shivers at the word vampire. “I hate myself for it, but yes I am half of one of those things.” I say. He sits next to me. “Don’t hate yourself. I’m sure it isn’t your fault.” He says. “Do you like vampires?” I ask him and I notice a blush appear on his face.

“I take that as a yes.” I say leaning back against the wall. “I only ever read about vampires. Meeting one is..” He stops. “an interesting experience.” He continues. “Are you going to tell anyone?” I ask, looking at him with pleading eyes. He notices the tone of my voice and his face softens. “I won’t tell anyone, I promise” He says holding out his pinky finger to me. As I am reaching out to seal the promise, he pulls his hand away. “One condition” He says. “Shoot” I say. “Whenever you are thirsty for blood, come to me first.” He says and I give him a weird look. He looks down. “I liked the feeling you gave me as you did that to me.” He says shyly.

I debate for a while before making my choice. I mean, is there any other way? “Fine” I say, holding my hand out. He eagerly grabs it and seals the promise. He flicks my nose. “The bell went about 5 minutes ago” He says playfully. “I don't really care. You can go to class if you want. I'm leaving." I say with a shrug as I pick up my bag. I rush out the door but am stopped when he grabs my wrist. "You have a really nice singing voice. Would you like to sing with me one day?" He says looking deeply in my eyes, as if he is trying to read my thoughts. "Okay, sure. I would like that" I say giving him a small smile before pulling away. I open the door. "See you later then, Hye Su" He says. I walk outside the door.

That was my first experience as a vampire.