What is happening to me?

My Vampire Story

The next morning I wake up knowing that I have my weekly music class. I love music because it lets me get away from reality and enter a calm world of relaxation. I catch my usual bus and sit down in my usual seat, listening to music. The same boy from yesterday enters and he avoids me once I send him a death glare. One thing I like about myself is that I can make certain people scared of me without lifting a finger.

 

I walk into the school and I am early as usual. I decide to go to the music room to practice my singing. I walk into the empty room and walk towards the piano with my books. I decide to practice that song from yesterday. I watch the music video for this song on my Phone. My eyes are on Jinki Oppa the whole time. I am impressed by his dancing. I knew he could dance, but not that good. My eyes move from member to member. Choi Minho (The tall handsome one), Kim Kibum (Or key the diva), Lee Taemin (The adorable and friendly maknae) and Kim Jonghyun. Kim. Jong. Hyun.

 

I realise that jerk is in the same group as my oppa. I feel angered by this, but tell myself to not worry about it much. I can’t treat oppas members badly otherwise he will be mad at me. He has told me before he thinks of them as his own family. All I can do about Jonghyun the jerk is to just ignore him.

 

The bell rings and I go to my class. The day flies past quickly and before I know it, the last lesson of the day comes up, music class. I walk to class alone and am greeted by Mr Lee. “Hye Su, you are early as usual.” He scoffs. Mr Lee is one of the many teachers at this school who dislikes me. Most teachers don't like me because of my temper and anger and students don’t like me because of my temper and violence towards them. “Better than being late SIR.” I smartly reply as I take a seat in the middle of the room. Surrounding me are all sorts of instruments. I quietly sit reading my theory book just like I always do.

 

Students start piling into the class. They sit away from me, leaving me in the middle by myself. I just keep my head down on my book. I am used to this sort of treatment, being ignored, but I don't mind it. I actually enjoy being alone. Suddenly the whole classroom becomes silent as someone enters. Girls start to scream loudly and I look up to see Mr Kim Jonghyun standing there with a satisfied smile on his face as he pushes his hair out of his face in the most arrogant way. I scoff at him and his minions as they enter the classroom. I look down back at my book, ignoring the squeals from fan girls around me.

 

“Okay we will start our lesson now” Mr Lee says once the classroom quiets down. I look up and listen to him. In the corner of my eye I notice someone looking at me. I look over to see Jonghyun staring at me. I stare back at him and frown. He smirks at me. “Loser” He mouths to me. I roll my eyes.

 

“Hye Su, thank you for volunteering.” The teacher says. I turn around. “What?” I ask. “Thank you for volunteering to sing in front of the class.” He says with a smirk. The whole class laughs and my face turns pale. I didn’t volunteer. “Well we haven’t got all day Hye Su. Come and show us.” He says while gesturing the spot in front of the class. I gulp.

 

I stand up. “Do you mind if I use the piano?” I ask. “As you wish Miss Hye Su.” He says in a mocking tone. The class erupts in small giggles and whispers. I confidently stride to the piano. I place my hands on the piano and wait for silence in the class which takes a while. I decide to sing ‘If’ by Taeyeon.

 

I play the first notes softly. The song is similar to what I felt about my parents when they left me. I sing the song with all my emotion. As I play, I am in my own little world singing the song to my parents. I feel my eyes water up but I refuse tears to fall. After the song finishes, I feel my eyes heating because I feel sad but I am able to control it. I hear a few people clapping slowly which turns into more people. I look up to see half of the class in tears. I blink my eyes a couple of times in confusion. Do they realise they are clapping for Lee Hye Su? The most unpopular girl in school who has a bad temper and hates everybody? and they are applauding me? Something must be wrong.

 

“Sit down Lee Hye Su.” The teacher addresses me by my full name. I stand up and walk back to my isolated spot in the middle of the class. Everyone is staring at me but I learned over the years to ignore it. One person catches my eye. He has been staring at me the whole time since the start of class.

 

I look at Jonghyun. He is no longer smirking at me and looks completely serious. His eyes seem more soft. I turn away, ignoring him and sit down. The teacher gets other students to show their talents. Some perform solo other perform in bands. I am enjoying myself, singing along and clapping with everyone else in the class, but suddenly I have a stabbing pain in my head. I quickly stand up and walk over to the teacher. “Can I be excused from class?” I ask quietly. He stares at me for a while before replying. “Go.” He says before turning back to the performers.

 

I walk as calmly as I can out of the class and then run to the bathroom. I hold onto the sink and groan in pain as my headache gets worse. I get my phone out my pocket and call Jinki. “Hello?” He asks. “Oppa, I keep getting these horrible headaches and it hurts like hell.” I say in one breath before holding onto my head. I can’t hold myself up anymore and fall to the floor. The headache becomes unbearable and I scream, covering my mouth so that no one else hears. “Calm down Hye Su. Clear all thoughts from your mind and focus on the source of the pain. Try to control it and don’t let it take over you.” He tells me. I focus all my energy on the one spot in my head. The pain slowly starts to reduce.

 

“It’s better. Thank you oppa.” I say amazed at how I did that. “After school, come over to SM. If you feel unwell go to the nurse's office.” He says. “Sure. Bye” I say before hanging up. The pain in my head has reduced but it is still there. I walk back to the class. It has been about 10 minutes and the teacher stares at me when I enter.

 

‘Where has she been? Always causing some sort of trouble.’

 

I hear him say as I look into his eyes. That’s weird. I didn’t see his mouth move. I bow slightly before I sit down to watch the performers. I look around and notice Jonghyun staring at me. I look into his eyes.

 

‘I wonder if she is okay’

 

I hear his voice, but his mouth stays shut. I blink a couple of times. I must be hallucinating. I just had the worst headache of my life and I must be hearing things. The class finally ends and it’s the end of the day. I praise myself for staying at school the whole day as I rush to the bus stop to go visit Jinki. I catch my usual bus that loops the city all day. “Afternoon” I say to the bus driver and he nods.

 

‘That young lady doesn’t look too well’

 

I hear his voice, but his mouth stays shut. “Did you say something?” I ask him "No" He says. I scan my card and walk to my usual spot which is always empty. I look outside the window and something in my brain clicks.

 

I can read people’s thoughts. But why? I mean, how? The bus stops and I jump up and run to SM. I rush up the stairs and don’t even bother waiting for the elevator. I run up countless levels. I run into the practice room and am greeted by Jinki. “Are you feeling better?” He asks me.

 

“Oppa, I think I can read other people’s thoughts.” I tell him. “What?” He asks. “I look into people’s eyes and I hear what they are thinking.” I say. “You had a huge headache before, right?” He said. “It was unbearable. The worst pain I experienced in my life.” I say as I take a seat next to him on the floor. “I know. It happens when you gain a skill.” He says. “What?” I say confused. He sighs. “I think it’s about time I tell you about myself. There’s a secret I haven’t told you about.” He says with his head down.

What I see next makes my insides churn.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

~~~~Author Note~~~~

Hello Readers!! I hope you are enjoying this story so far.

Some background information of this story I would like to share with you...

I wrote this story, completed and edited 2 years ago. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to post this story. 

BUT...

Now I am back. 

My goal is to post the rest of this story in a timely manner. If requested, I will make updates more frequent. 
I appreciate every single subscriber, upvoter, commenter and viewer. Please continue to read and support My Vampire Story in any way you wish.

Thank You~

감사합니다~