제 11 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Hana’s POV

“Aunt I’ll be going to school now! Bye!” I yelled as I ran downstairs. “Aren’t you going to have your breakfast?” uncle turned his gaze to me while munched his toast.

I shook my head, “I have something come up this morning. Sorry.” I bowed. “Just don’t come home late, hmm?” aunt smiled. I nod and dash off.

It was a quiet morning though and the same situation happen as I arrived at school. I ran to my locker and took my books. *THUMP*

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t … HAE RIM?” The voice called me. Oh, “Jimin?” he smiled at me and helped with my books. “You’re quite early today.” I sound sarcastic to him.

“Hey! I can’t bear staying at the detention, not when I’m alone.” Somehow, his down-to-earth attitude made me comfortable with him.

“Look, that new girl! She’s trying to be nice with our oppa.” “Yah! Is she flirting Jimin oppa?” “OMG! That new girl such a #*&^%!”

Uhh, I heard that!

It’s not like I wanna date this innocent guy. He’s my classmate and he helped carrying half of my books. I looked at Jimin; he seems not distracted with the glares along the corridor. Yah! Didn’t you hear anything?

“Hae Rim? Are you okay?” I realised we’re already in front of the class and Jimin waited for me. “Ne?”

“Ladies first.” He gestured with his head. Naw, he’s too adorable. I walked in. Typically, only few in class and they’re sleeping. I set my books and blew my bangs, “You feeling bored, already?” he poked my arm.

I look at him in pitiful. It is boring! It’s 8.20 am and class will at 9am. Why did I say that I’m late this morning? Gosh. “Have you eat-en? I mean b-breakfast.” He asked.  He stuttered.

I shook my head and pulled my phone from my pocket. “Then, let’s go!” he pulled my wrist before I get the chance to read few texts in my phone. We ran along the corridor, “Yah! Slow down! The teachers will scold us!”

“PARK JIMIN! PARK HAE RIM! DON’T RUN ALONG THE CORRIDOR.” I believe that’s the voice of the discipline teacher. “Who cares? Rules are meant to be broken.” Jimin smirked and he made me run until we arrived at the school cafeteria.

I made a beeline behind Jimin, “Why don’t you book seats for us and I’ll buy you.” Did I just hear … seats for us? Oh my … my heartbeat is uneven now. Jimin … why... did you do this to me?

“Hae Rim? Is there anything bothering you?” he waved his cute little fingers in front of me. “Bbibimbap sounds fine to me.” I smiled and walk to empty seats. His voice echoing. Oh gosh! *facepalm

“Are you okay?” He giggled.

I looked at him and awkwardly smiled. How long did I stay in my own mind? “Here’s yours.” He hand a plate of bbibimbap to me. He even eye-smiled. Oh gosh! Hana, what’s happening to you?!

We had our meals in complete silence since he’s too immersed with his food. I finished my food first and I didn’t notice myself that I was staring at him. “Did you, when you stared at people for so long you can develop unexpected feelings?” he suddenly called.

What? Unexpected feelings? Yeah, I kinda having it now…

“Sorry.” I mumbled and looked away. “Hey, I’m just kidding. I now my baby face look attract too many girls staring at me.” He flashed his ego. I snickered at him, “You think so?”

“I know so.” Sounding confidence over himself. “OPPA!” A girl from my back. I turned at my back and the girl was running at Jimin with a dark red blush crept over her face. “C-can I have your s-sign?” she took out some white box out of her bag.

I don’t know what it is but I saw this weird letters “R … L8 …” I mumbled. Heh? What’s that? “Oh, sure.” he took that white thing and borrowed her marker. ‘You didn’t have any sign?” he asked the girl.

She shook her head, “So, what’s your name?” he asked. So, I guess this is how ‘idol’ interact with their fans. Well, I kinda wondered, doesn’t their fan be like normal since their favourite idol are in the same school as them?

“Kim Chan Hae.” She speaks softly. Jimin nods and wrote something before sign the album for her. “Kamsahamnida.” She bowed as she received back the white thing and it happens to be album. “Thank you for supporting us, Chan Hae.” Jimin throw his fist up and she squeals all the way exit from the cafeteria.

“She looks like a big fan.” I praised and slurred my drinks. “Yeah! Wait, you don’t know ME?” He highlighted the end word. I tapped my chin, “Err, not exactly. Beside my own desk partner and classmate.” I answered coolly.

Jimin sighed and held his heart, “Oh my …. I’m quite shocked.” He tried to sound sad. “But it’s fine though. We’re still rookie.” Wait, we?

“I thought you’re a soloist …” I raised my eyebrow at him. He laughed his heart out, “Me? Soloist? You gotta be kidding. I’m in an idol group named Bangtan aka BTS.” He gave a bit of clue.  “I’ll look up into that.”

He showed his thumbs up, “Hey, let’s get to class.” I nod and walk with him. Another silence but I enjoy the presence of us. This time, I checked back my phone notifications and 1 text from mom and 3 from Josh. Okay, Josh, what do you want?

From: Mom

Hey Hana! It me, your mom. How are you? I’ve been missing you lately. It’s been 3 weeks you’re there. How’s everything? Did aunt treat you well? I know you probably annoyed with all the questions I asked but I missed you a lot. I feel so lonely. My only child away from my sight under someone else guard. I hope I can visit you one day in Korea. Sorry, for the long text. I just wanna say to you that I already bank in $2500 in the bank yesterday. I hope you’re doing great and sent my regards to your dad whenever you have time to visit him. I love you.

My track stops and my tears bawl out when I was halfway reading it. Mom, I miss you too. I don’t care if bank in the money or not. I just need you. “Ha-Hae Rim? Gwenchana?” Jimin asked. Probably he noticed I’m not beside him when we walk.

I nod and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. He hand me a piece of tissue and I thanked him. “I-I need to go to the ladies.” I said with my head hung low. “Okay. I’ll wait for you.” He assuring.

I don’t wanna be that new kid at school, whatever they labels you when the idol wait for you even when you went to the toilets. Pretty convincing to me. “N-no. I’ll s-see you back at the class.” I immediately ran to the ladies.

My tears seemed uncontrollable for now. It keeps flowing out. I wash my face twice and look at the mirror. Gosh! I look horrible. My eyes are now, puffy and red.

“Well … well … well”

I look at the door. A girl with 3-inch make-up walks towards me. “How’s the date? Having a good time?” she walks closer. Sheesh! I have personal space issues.

“W-what date?” I don’t date anybody. I close my eyes when she raised her hands. I felt hands caressing my face, “I’m not mentioning about Jimin but what you did last week. The best night of your life.”

What did I do last week? I did nothing… Oh, yeah. I went to the … Wait! How did she?

She smirked and tugged my hair, “I think you need to back-off before things getting any worse.” I cried in pain. “Let me go!” I try to pull her hands off, no can’t do. She’s too strong.

“I’m sure you remember what happen last week; Friday night. You were flirting … with my boyfriend.” She plastered the words right into my head. I couldn’t think more; it’s none other than Kai.

“Argh!” I cried louder. It seems nobody can hear me since the first period bell just rang. “I won’t let you go next time.” She starts to threaten me. Oh, ! I can feel my hair will pull off from my scalp anytime; soon to be bald.

Jimin’s POV

I sunk into my chair and waiting for Hae Rim. It seems like she’s taking forever of her time to be in the ladies. I glance over my watch, it’s almost 9 now. What is she doing?

I felt a tapped on shoulder, “Where’s Hae Rim?” Ara asked. “Ladies.” I answered. They look at me weirdly, “What?” I mumbled. “You like her, don’t you?” Jina suddenly shot that question.

What? Why? I just knew her like 2 weeks? “Geez, don’t you guys have better things to do?” I blew my bangs and look back to the whiteboard. And Mr. Kim comes in.

We all greet and he’s taking the attendance now. “Park Hae Rim?” he called. I kept shut. “Miss Park?” he called again. “S-she’s at the ladies.” I answered.

All of my classmates look at me and starts ‘ooh-ing’ me and I can sense another story will be up. After all attendance was taken, the lesson went as usual. It was Social studies, so it’s not a big deal for me.

It’s been half an hour and Hae Rim still at the ladies. I’m sure there’s something going on and I know it’s not maintenance day for the toilets. “Kim-saengnim, can I go to the toilet? It’s really urgent.” I put on my best act face and he let me.

I ran with my wild thoughts all over my mind. She’s okay, right? I mean nothing bad are happening to her right?

What took her so long? It’s not like changing your … pads will be having nearly one hour, or it is? My feet took me faster than I thought and I accidently went into the ladies but a girl came out, “Men’ that way.” She points to the left.

“Oops…” I bowed and excuse myself. Actually, I have to go in. I’m pretty worried about her. I washed my hands inside the ultimate silent surround. When I walked out, I heard a groan from the ladies. Scary but I was too curious.

“H-Hae Rim? I-is that you?” I have to embrace myself. Who knows, if it’s not a person in there.

“Ji-Jimin?” thank god it was her. I barged in with no choices left. I saw her trying to reach the basin and to get on her feet. “What happen?” I ask while scanning her physical (In a good way, of course) and saw her knee scrap with bleeding.

“I fell when I walk out from the toilet. It was slippery.” She answered while hung her head low.

I smiled at her “Aigoo! Look at you! Being silly and careless. How cute!” I nudge her ribs. Why did I say that? She giggled as I helped her walked out.

“Jimin, our class is that way.” She pulled my arm. “I’m taking you to the nurse.” She stopped and let go of arm around her waist, “It’s not that serious. And why do you care?” she suddenly fumed.

I was shocked to see her in that way. Absolute shock. “She sat at the nearest chair and cupped her face. I sat next to her still in confuse, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you.” She apologise while looking at me.

“But Hae Rim …” my words were cut.

“It’s not a big deal either. I just need some plaster and all done.” She thin smiled. I took out my emergency plastered and place on her wound. “Thank you and it’s cute.” She praised. Well, I only have t-rex pattern with me.

She tried to walk on her feet with out my help and her smiled assured me saying she’s fine. We walk back to the class and everyone were in dead shock even the nerds. Mr Kim look at us, “I expect some explanation will be made by the two of you.”

She bowed in apology and she explained everything in details except the yelling part, of course.

No One’s POV

As soon after, the lessons were on usual. 5th bell rang and all students dashed out from the class. Except for the both of them. “Aren’t you going to eat?” Hana poked Jimin’s arm.

He shook his head, “I have my own pack and I don’t have any mood socializing with people today.” He smiled sheepishly. “Hae Rim?” Jimin called.

Hae Rim look at him, waiting, “What happen actually? I s-saw you cry. Is there anything you wanna share?” she looked down, thinking over her mom’s text earlier.

“Its okay if you don’t wanna talk about it but I’m always available to lend my ears.” Jimin smiled and continue eating his sandwich. “It’s from my mom.”

Hana told him about her transfer from USA to Korea. Her life after her dad died. The worst part is her relationship with her mom and her current life with her aunt. She couldn’t bear with any of it but Jimin is the best listener. “I was just … have a hard time coping with everything.” Hana sobbed.

Hana told almost everything except that JYP is her soon-to-be uncle. She doesn’t want to brag about it. “You must have a hard time.” Jimin mumbled. Hana wiped her tears with the back of her hands, “I’m sorry if you have to see me being a pathetic, crying in front of you.”

Jimin unknowingly shed his baby tears as he listened to Hana. “I don’t wanna be a weird person but I have another extra sandwich. You want?” Jimin offered as he tries to lighten up the mood. She thanked and they enjoy their own moments in the class.

8th bell and Hana’s favourite subject is up on today’s timetable; History. Hana grinned almost the whole time as she could answer almost all questions. But Jimin groaned and laid his head on the table murmuring why he must study this crappy subject.

Before I end today’s class, I have good news to tell all of you. “MORE HOMEWORKS PEOPLE!” One of the male students cracks up. “No, Kim Ji. I will assign you with your desk partner for your annual assignment.”

All students groan and grew in frustration, “What’s the big deal anyway?” Hana mumbled. Jimin looked at her, “I think you have this thing called freak obsession with history.” Jimin whispered.

“This is much more stressful than watching football.” The boys groan. “I prefer to be dead than doing this.” The girls frustrated. “You don’t have any homework for the rest of this year. You just need to do this paper works and your grade will be taken from what you present.”

Everyone was in shut, “Wow!” the vice class president amazed. “So, we’re good for this?” the teacher asked back and all students showed their thumbs up. He start to read for each partners’ topic and Hana get the easiest; WWII.

A great deal with the students. “I expect all of you will submit before your finals start.”

“Thank you class.” The students bowed and he left the class. The whole class cheer in victory, no history homework for the whole year. What could be better than that?

Jimin faked cry, “I hate this!” he looked at excited at Hana. “Why … You like this subject?” he asked. “You gotta be kidding, it’s my favourite.” She squealed. “Well, at least my partner is in love with the subject so, I’m good.” He grinned.

“Give me a break! This topic is easy. What’s so hard about it?” Jimin blew his bangs as they walked together home. “Have you told your aunt?”

Hana nods, “Yeap, she’s said just don't be too late.”

“You lived quite far.” Hana try to remember the route. “Well, I come by car and home by walking.” Jimin explained. They entered the elevator and rode up. “So, you lived with your family?” Hana asked.

Jimin look at her, “Nope. With my hyungs … I mean the other BTS members.” Jimin fiddled over his handphone, “So, you must have your manager, right? Did he know I’ll be coming?” Hana worried. Jimin smiled, “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine.”

He fiddled the numbers and unlock the door, “Come in.” he gestured. Hana look around and wondered how 7 boys including 2 managers lived in this small place. Jimin saw V & Hoseok lying in front of the TV.

Jimin cleared his throat and the boys look back and noticed Hana, “Oh, Jimin. You bring your girlfriend over?” the one with lion-like hair asked. Jimin cursed under his breathe, “She’s my classmate and I’ll be doing assignments with her.”

“This is Hoseok hyung and that’s V aka awkward lion.” Jimin introduced. Hana bowed, “My name is Hae Rim. Nice to meet you.”

Hoseok nods “Make yourselves comfortable. Do you need anything?” he asks. Hana smiled and she’s fine. “Hyung, where are the other hyung?” Jimin asked as he loosens his tie. “Groceries shopping.” V answered flatly.

“If you guys would please ….” Jimin point to their room. “Sure.” Hoseok went and gave some space. V sat there and watching them, “Ignore him. He’s always like that.”

They start with their stuff as Jimin look through the internet. “But why can’t we just copy from what you’ve done before? Easy-weasy.”

Hana shook her head as she highlighted the main points, “No can do. You won’t do anything. Besides, it’s the only you’ll learn the history.” Jimin sighed and agreed with her. After 30 minutes reviewing some researched and discussion, “My brain will blow anytime!” Jimin waved his white flag.

Hana was too immersed and she too needs to stop for a break, “Well, we’ll continue this for tomorrow then.” Hana smiled and kept her books. “Hana, why don’t you stay for lunch?” Hoseok asked. Hana hesitate at first but when Jimin and V persuade she still can’t tell.

“Hyung, she’s from US. Maybe her taste buds having difficulties matching with Korean foods.” Jimin told. “Well, I can specially grill you steak, if you want too.” He offered.

Hana smiled and made her decision, “That sounds nice.” The boys cheered in victory and praising god. A weird thing for Hana too, “Umm … Jimin?” Hana called.

“Hmm?” he turned his gaze back to her.

“I need to use the washroom.”

Jimin held her wrist and guide her instead saying the directions. Hana was bewildered. ‘He doesn’t have to do that.’ She mumbled.

The doorbell rang, “Yah! Help me out!” Suga yelled. Jin being particular as always spots another school shoe at the door, “Jimin?” he called.

“My friend is here and we’re discussing about our assignment.” Jimin explained in his softest voice. “More to like bringing his girlfriend home!” V and Hoseok teased. “It’s a girl?” the leader asked while arranging some stuff.

“Aww~ our boy had finally grown into a man.” Suga hugged Jimin and wiped his invisible tears. “Where is she?” Jin asked. “Toilet.” Jimin bluntly answered.

“You didn’t …” everyone looked at him.

“Of course not. I let her use the guests’ toilet. She would die seeing our messy toilet.” Jimin smirked. Hae Rim walked out form the toilet. She heard the house filled with multiple voices and it’s getting nosier.

Hana massaged her cheeks as she walks and apparently being too careless and slipped the wet floor. “Gwenchana?” Hana closed her eyes preparing for the worst but a voice called and a tight arm held her waist from falling.

She slowly open her eyes, “I-I’m fine.” She bowed. “Oh, you must be Jimin’s girlf- … I mean school work partner.” A guy with goofy grin with cute gummy smile walks closer to her. “I’m Suga but call me Yoongi.”

Hana bowed, “I’m Namjoon.” The guy with cute dimples and the one who saved her. “God of destruction!” V added and he gets fire glare. “Maknae is still at school and …” Namjoon called.

They accidently eye contact “YOU!”


HO

 

HO

 

HO