제 2 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Joshua’s POV

“So what’s with the long face?” I ask. At first, I thought Hana wouldn’t agree with the plan but then she agreed even insist me too. I wonder what causes her to be like this.

Hana glare at me with Shut-up-will-you look. I raised my eyebrow at her, “What?! We should be enjoying ourselves not staring at our drinks.” I pulled her hand.

“I don’t have a mood to dance. Josh, please don’t me give you a knuckle!” she warned. I made face at her as if I’m totally scared of her. Sheesh! I’m not and never.

The bartender kept on looking at us and gave a weird look. “Aren’t you two too young to be here?” he asked. “We may look young but we’ll be having our wedding soon, aren’t we honey?” I held Hana’s hand.

Quite weird, but that’s how we answered.

“My mom.” She mumbled.

“WHAT?” I yelled. The music began to sound louder and louder. Damn it, I can’t hear a thing and my eardrum will be punctured soon enough.

“I said my mom is the reason why I drag you here.” She looks at me in disbelief.

I look down, “One more shot please.”

The bartender hands over the hard liquor to me and I drank in one shot. That burning liquid pass through my throat and hit my stomach, “Tell me.”

Hana’s POV

“I have been thinking about this for a while.” Mom looks at me without any expression. “I’m planning to go back to Korea.”

I felt so excited, joyful, “Mom, this is the best thing I’ve ever heard! When we’ll be home?” I asked without any thought. “By next week.”

“I can’t wait!” I went over and hug her with all my heart. “But…” her trails stop. I frowned at her. “But what?”

“I’m not going. I’ll be sending you off.” I thought about it, I can handle myself. Pretty much, a grown up girl now.

“Forever.” She added.

“WHAT?! What do you mean with forever?” I asked her and kept my distance between her. Mom kept herself in silence, “I’m gonna stay there forever? With who? I know nobody!” I raised my voice.

I know it’s a wrong thing but I demand to know this. Why is she sending me off? And why she didn’t go with me? Am I that useless to her? I’m still her goddamn daughter!

“You’ll be staying with your aunt.” I have an aunt? Since when? Who is she? Did she know about me? No, did she know about this?! Mom! Why are you making things even complicated in my life?

“She’s your father’s youngest sister. She’s probably 4 years younger than me.” Mom revealed my ‘aunt’ “I don’t care who ever she is, I’m not going!” I screamed right at her face.

“Park Hae Rim! Don’t you dare raised your voice at me.” Mom warned and I don’t care. “What?” I crossed my arms and look away.

“Look at me when I talk to you. I raised you the best way so you will achieve your dreams, your future. Weren’t you wish to be a doctor?” she asked and since when I have a dream to be a doctor. Oh mom, don’t make up stories.

“Please Hana. I’m doing this for your own good.” She walks over to me and tries to hold my hand but I pulled back.

“You know what mom; you never care what I feel. How’ll I react if you say about it? Do you know that? Do you even care about me?” I glare and I felt very tight on my right cheek. Yup, she gave me one hard slap.

“PARK HAE RIM! I DIDN’T RAISE YOU AS THIS WAY! WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU?!” She literally asked. “Now you wanna know? It’s too late mom. You hate me and you’ll never care about me.”

I held my burning cheek and stomped my feet upstairs to my bedroom. I slammed the door, hard. My tears spilled as I wiped it, more and more began to flush out. I know what I did was wrong, but I’m not bottled up my feelings forever. Sooner or later, I’ll have to spill the beans.

I heard mom’s footsteps running upstairs, obviously to my room.

She knocked on to the door, “H-Hana. I’m sorry. Listen to me, will you?”

“NO MOM!” I sobbed.

“Hana, open the door. We’ll talk about it.” I know she’ll somehow brainwash me to agree to follow her plans. Well, I’m certainly unsure about it. She doesn’t care about my feelings in the first place and yet she’s making me to be on her side.

Mom knocks few times and I totally ignore about it and it stops. I grabbed my phone on my bed and text Josh.

Your plan is on. I’m going tonight. Wait for me outside. – Hana

Great! I’ll be waiting you.  – Josh

Just don’t make it obvious … - Hana

Josh’s POV

Ah, so that’s why she agreed to go with my plan tonight. I feel sorry for her, but she told me once that she wanna stay forever at Korea instead Dallas. I’ve wondered why; she didn’t tell.

But when her gold ticket is here, she refuses it. Why? Hana, is something else bothering you? I know you’ll be staying with your aunt but wouldn’t it be better than you struggling your new life there and unsure how you’ll survive?

Hana, you’re making me confuse right now and it’s definitely not the liquor.


Here goes chapter 2. I hope you like it and if you guys are wondering where is Jin, he'll be featuring soon :)

Love you :*