제 13 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

No One’s POV

“Hae Rim? Hello~” Jina waved her fingers in front of Hana since she pretty much zoned out from the conversations.

“Oh? Yeah?” Hana mumbled.

Ara sighed, “We were asking if you’re busy today after school. Without any hesitations, “I’m available, just great. Why?”

Ara and Jina grinned happily, “Fantastic!” Jina pumped her fist to the air and continued stuffing foods in her small mouth. “Hey, aren’t you guys gonna say anything?”

“I just signed up our names, including you to the cheerleading try-out after school.” Ara beamed. Hana stunned, “And by doing that without my permission?”

They both nod, “You can thank us later. Now, let’s eat.” Hana didn’t think any further but keep on eating until she’s full.

“No worries! You’ll be fine.” Jina half hug her. Hana sighed, “I guess.” She mumbled. They walk back to the class and continued with another half-day lesson. “Alright class. How are you today?” Mr. Jefferson asked.

The English teacher and the friendliest teacher at SFS, “Appalling.” Hana mumbled as the other students answered him. “So, what are gonna have today?” Another reason why students love him cause’ he’ll ask what they want to do instead of the teachers deciding.

“Grammar!”

“Essays.”

“Sleep!!”

“Basic literature!”                                      

“Okay now. Except for the sleep, I let you guys doing your own work ….” The students cheer. “With low tune voices please.” He hissed.

Hana turned back, facing them, “Do you guys have any idea where is this bagel boy gone?” They stared at her, unbelievable, “What? It’s almost 2 weeks now.”

“Hae Rim, don’t you know about this one thing called the internet where you can find lots of stuff about him since he’s an idol?” Jina sounded sarcastic.

Hana blew her bangs, “I left my phone.” I lied.

"Jimin aka one of the members of Bangtan are having their final promotion for ‘Attack on Bangtan’. So, he probably won’t be attending now but soon. It happens a lot in the school.”

Hana’s mouth formed O shape, “Why Hae Rim? Missed him too much already? Aww~” Ara try to be cute. “I don’t! I-I … just …. Want to know where he is. Who knows he probably sick and can’t attend to school?” Hana defend herself.

“Hwang Ara, please lower down your voice. I can hear all of your gossips from there.” Mr. Jefferson warns while marking some papers. Ara cupped and mumbled sorry to Mr. Jefferson. “Well, that sounds logic.” Hana looked back at her.

Oh, written in the stars,

Million miles away,

A message to the main,

Oh,

Seasons come and go,

But I will never change,

And I’m on my way,

“Sir, your phone…” the class body president calls Mr. Jefferson who seems too absurd with his work. He looked at him before he heard his Tinie Tempah’s ringtone. He walks out and answers the phone.

“But Hae Rim, don’t worry about it. He’ll be back like within 2-3 more days and you can show him how much you missed him.” Both of them wriggle their eyebrows. Hana sighed, “Whatever.” She replied that English and look back to the front.

After approximately of 15 minutes on the phone, Mr. Jefferson walks in and gets his stuffs into his bag. 2 minutes before the bell rang, “Attention! Thank you, teacher.” Class monitor bowed and followed by others.

“Hae Rim, in case you’re wondering, you must change your to your P.E attire when you’re going to the tryout later. If you have tights, running shorts or cycling shorts with you, are much better.” Jina whispered.

Hana nods, “Will you guys be there?”

Both of them nod endlessly before their class door was open, “Attention! Good afternoon teacher.” Class monitor called his entire classmate’s attention then greet.

They all look back and it was a substitute teacher. She bowed, “My name is Yoon Jee Hae.” Everyone is now looking at her, “I’ll be your substitute teacher for your last two period of History.” She continued.

The students sigh, “I let all of you with your own works.” She sat at the teacher’s place and everyone with their own work.

“Jina, Ara, I wanna ask. Why did you guys signed up my name?” Hana blinked. They grinned and smiled, “I have this one feeling that you’re capable of it and your body looks flexible.” Ara praised. Hana looked at her body, wondering in which part is flexible than her hair.

She sighed, “Okay then. Anything you said.”

The three of them continued on their respective works for 50 minutes until the last bell rang, “FINALLY!” Jina pumped her fist in the air.

“Attention! Thank you teacher.” The whole class bowed. Some stay for cleanliness duty, some had already dashed out and Hana is keeping her papers, “See ya! Don’t be late!” Ara winked before walks out.

Hana keeps her book in her back and walks to the locker. She inserts her locker key and a note fell from the inside as she unlocks her locker.

I saw you at the middle of the dance floor.

-S- xx

Hana’s POV

My eyes followed the paper that just fell from the inside. I read it and quickly crumbled it without anybody else noticing it. ! Who else saw me there?!

I closed my eyes and calmed myself. Whoever is that creep is, I don’t care and never will. It’s my life! I grabbed those P.E clothes and head to the toilet nearby the gym for change. Unfortunately, I had those cycling shorts where I brought it for P.E but I guess I’ll use it today.

“I think, I’ll been shortlisted for the cheer school team.” The girl pucks her lips afterwards. I bet she’s doing something with her lipstick or gloss.

“OMG! I can’t wait for the tryouts.” A girl sprayed her perfume as she squealed.

While I was changing these voices just annoyed me too much! Is this what I’ll be when I joined the whole team? Oh god! I suppose to cancel off my name since skirts are a big no no for me but Jina and Ara made their effort to get our names in. So, I guess I have too.

I walked out and had my granola bar with me as I set my stuff into my bag. My mind suddenly flashed back about the mysterious note and I realised that I’m already in the school gym with other tryout candidates.

We all were instruct to sat on the benches while the ‘seniors’ dealing something. “Well, hi! I’m Min. I’m one of the seniors in the school team and now we’re waiting for the captain & co-captain to be here.” I look around for Jina and Ara.

Guess what, they’re not here and I was hoping that they’re not pranking me on this.

I noticed most of them wear like really short shorts which, not on my wear-list. My phone buzzed and I received a text from aunt.

To: Hana

Hana!! Where are you? And why aren’t you home by now?

Oh ! I haven’t told her yet.

From: Hana

I’m sorry. I forgot to tell you. I have to stay for an extra time today. My friend signed me up for the … school cheer team. So, I might be home in another 2 hours.

To: Hana

Alright, dear. Be safe.

That’s it? I thought she’ll be pissing off or something. I look back to the door gym when the captain & the co-captain arrived. Holy cow! It was Jina & Ara! “What?” I mumbled and still shocked like I’d kissed with a zombie.

“Captain and her co are here.” Min gestured and I held a glare at these two.

“I’m the captain and this is my best friend and my co-captain.” Jina introduced herself and bowed to them. “Thank you to all students that coming for today’s tryout. We didn’t expect this much of students would come over.”

Yeah, and I’m one of them.

I’m estimating about 45 or maybe little bit more students are here. Like too many! “As you all know, we need the lucky 15 from all of you for our school team.” Pfft! Like I’m the one will in there.

“This year, we made special qualifications that we haven’t told to the public and I’ll reveal it now.” Uuu~ like what? Falling grades are not acceptable?

“First, who ever scores D and below, I’m really sorry.” That was weird. I didn’t expect those to be true. I never have any Ds or Cs for my grade. The lowest was B+. I’m not bragging but it’s a fact. Well, few students have set their feet out with mumbling incoherent words under their breathe.

“I’ll proceed to the next one. Whoever wished not to have their nails broke somehow afraid of it, worry about stinky and sticky sweat and complaint too much about having scars and bruises, you may leave.” Wow! That was … direct. The divas walks out but their unbearable scent left at the place.

I can’t believe this! The number of candidates left are begin to decrease.

“Next, I want a full commitment from everybody who wishes to be in the team.” Ara added. “Yup! The most important thing.” Min looks at all of us. “By what I was saying is that, you can’t quit when you’re tired and went back into the team whenever you feel like. I need teamwork and commitments with all the members for the championship this year.” She continued.

And there you go, mostly of candidates walks off. Phew! Jina is pointing to each one of us, sort of like counting and look back at the current members. “So, congratulations! You guys are in the team!” They clapped and welcome. And I’m in?

That was the tryout? I was thinking like you have to dance, tumble or whatever it is. But this is far beyond from what I’ve thought. “Excuse me! Aren’t we suppose to like be test our abilities first?” a girl behind me asked.

So, they’re about 12 of us, the new ones and 13 for the seniors. Great chemistry but I’m not buying with dancing in sports bra and tights. I, somehow felt regret of coming for the tryout.

“If you all are worried about dancing and stuff, no worries, we’ll have a solution.” Jina smiled. Ara called of us and sat in circle with them with the current members between the new ones. “So, introduce yourself and we start on my left.” And after 4 students, it’ll be me.

“I’m Jay from senior class 2 and nice to meet you.” A male cheerleader beside me ends his introduction. Well, he’s kinda hot and he’s just next door to my class. I forced myself to smile, “Hi! My name is Hae Rim and I’m from class senior 1. Hope we can cooperate together.”

Oh, well, they look friendly and I didn’t expect that the people that I always saw in the class with their thick glasses or fat biology books which I called them pre-geeks are actually the school cheerleaders. Puberty is the only thing in my head.

“Oh, you’re Jina and Ara’s classmate, then?” Min suddenly blurt out. I nod at her, “That must a horror thing for you!” Yeah, they signed me for this.

After everyone introductions, Jina stood up, “Thank your for coming once again and I hope you guys will communicate with each other and no quarrelling, yeah?”

We giggled, “Since, I have nearly 35 kids under me; I have a lot of troubles remembering your names except the seniors, so, I’m gonna ask you for your nicknames or pet names or what ever names it is as long it’s easy.”

She hand us a paper and instruct us to write our ‘new’ name and with our real name in the bracket on the side. So, I wrote Hana and I prefer them to call me that than Hae Rim.

“I have all the names here and we, seniors will try our best remembering your names including your face.” Min waved the paper and made a funny face. It’s not that hard to be a cheerleader, right?

Ara cleared , “Usually, we’ll be having 3 times a week training. Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.” Oh no, I’ll be having those piano classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

“But this year, we’re hoping to have 4 times of training which is Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.” Jina adds. “If you guys have any problems, let me know by now.” she added. Okay, I’m safe.

I just realized the only day I’ll be without any activities is Sunday. Bless you!

Nobody raised their hands so, it means, “Great! Training will be start by tomorrow. After school.” Jay sounds excited. “Hey! I’m the captain. So I’m in-charge, not you Jay.” Jina glared.

“Don’t listen to him. Training will be this Friday, after school and ends at 5pm. 3 hours of training on weekdays and 5 hours on weekend.” Jina explained even details.3 hours? Wow! I’ll be meatless by the next 3 days of training.

“That’s all for today and thank you for coming. I’ll see all of you this Friday with a complete training attire and any wears are acceptable but please no party.” Ara smirked.

We all bowed to each other as Jina and Ara thanked us. I glared at them than giving them bows, “Yah! What’s with the face?” Ana nudged my ribs while Jina pinched my cheeks as we walk towards our bags. “I told you guys were playing pranks on me and I’m extremely surprised that I made into the team.”

“You’re welcome.” Jina and Ara beamed.

Ugh! I’ll be having a hard time juggling my time and I didn’t expect to drag myself into this. Congratulations, Hana! You just dig your own grave. “Hello~” someone poke my left arm.

“Huh?” I look to my left, and a male cheerleader came on my right, I think his name is Mike. He is standing there, smiling at me. “Are you going home now?” he asked. I smiled at him, “Yeah. Why?”

He softly sighed, “I was asking if you wanna join all of us for a drink at a nearby café. Probably get to know each other? It’s a celebration for us upon the new members.” He explained. I look back at the time on my phone, its 2.30 pm now.

“I’d love too but I can’t.”

He smiled and ruffled my hair, “It’s fine though. See ya this Friday.” He slung his duffel bag over his shoulder and waved at me before he made his exit. I let out a sigh as I walk out, “Gosh! I wish my life will not be this busy.” I mumbled to myself.

I walk back to my locker and took my files of Jimin’s homework and notes. And this guy! When will he be back? I have 3 files of papers just for him. I locked my locker and turned around. Surprisingly, I bumped a hard surface with a seductive cologne.

“Yah!” I push whatever that hard surface is. To my conclusion, it’s a guy with heavy breathing, red face and sweat over his face. Looks like he has been running around the school.

He smirked, “You should be careful, love.” He whispered seductively. Now, he’s trying to mock me in English? Hey, I’m no dumb in English, “You’re the ones that should BE CAREFUL! And don’t call me that!” I warned him as I bent myself to collects back Jimin’s papers that scattered over the floor.

He hands over some Jimin’s paper, “You’re welcome?” he smirked. Again. “Shut up and mind your own business!” I look back at the papers and kept in safely in the files.

“WHERE ARE YOU, YOU SICK BASTARD!” Someone yelled over the corridor. “YAH! IF YOU RAN AGAIN, I’LL KILL YOU FOR REAL!” Three students running towards our direction and I squint my eyes, to see who the hell yelling at the corridor.

“What’s that…” I couldn’t finish my sentence as I he pulled me with him, running.  “Oi! Why are dragging me?” I try to pull my hand but his manly tight grip, seems impossible. I can’t afford to sweat right now. I didn’t bring any spare tee.

“You know, you talk too much, love.” Not that name again.

I look at him as we stopped in front of his bike. What? He threw a helmet at me. “I WANNA GO HOME!” I threw back at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

“Love, I will send you home but not now. We’re in deep trouble right now. So, I’m suggesting that you should keep your mouth shut and follow me.” His husky voice begins to linger around my head.

“You have to follow me right now. They’ve saw you with me earlier and I don’t think you want them to skinned and bury you alive.” He continued and raised his eyebrow at me.

Pfft! Screw you. “I don’t even k-…” he cupped my mouth with his hands. “You talk too much, do you know that?” He smirked as he reminds me again and passed back the helmet to me. Like serious , I don’t even know this guy.

I sighed and agree to follow him. He pulled my arms to wrap around his torso. I’m touching his hard abs now, and it’s really hard. “Where are we going?” I asked him. He sped off really fast; I bet he just went over the speed limit.

As we sped off, I heard few bikes and cars chasing at our back, what is this guy? Is he a criminal? Am I abetting with him. Oh fck! Please no. Not the prison.

“Yah! I’m asking you!” I knocked his helmet. I could only hear him giggle. Silence was filled afterwards. I turned back and neither bikes nor cars were chasing us. I sighed and wait for him to stop the bike and tell me what exactly happen back there.


 

Hello~ 

You guys can kill me for my slow update >.< Any how, how's everyone? Wow, 21 subscribers are here and welcome new subscribers to the family \(^@^)/  Hope everybody's doing fine. I somehow relate this chapter with my cheerlleading life, so yeah, not a big deal. But, curioscity killed this time.

 

Who's 'S'?

 

Who's the mysterious guy that dragged Hana?

 

Can guess?