제 3 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Hana’s POV

I sat under the tree and begin some sketching. I realise after few sketches, it came out great. I sat here at the park every Sunday for my drawing inspirations. Yeah, nobody knows this place than Josh.

A big shadow distract my view on my sketch book and I knew that was Josh, “Josh, will you move aside?”

He giggled and sat next to me. He played with my hair and pokes my cheek. “What do you want Josh?” I turn and look at him, he stare at me blankly, “Can I ask you again? Even it irritates you?”

I kept silenced and focus back on my sketches.

“When you’ll be going?” Josh asked. I hate to think about it again but I have to tell him about it. “This week’s Monday.”

Josh sigh, “You know that I’ll miss you, right?” Josh asked. I nod, “Yeah. I know that and I can see it now.” I played with his fingers.

He giggled, “But we still can contact with each other, right?” I start to cry out thinking that I’ll leave Josh forever. “Hana, please don’t cry.” He wiped my tears and brought my head on his shoulder.

I began to sob harder, “I know this is hard but she’s your mom. She knows what the best is for you. And PLEASE STOP CRYING.” He emphasizes the last words. I held back my tears and look at him.

“Josh, I’ll be missing you.” I hugged him, tight. He hugged me back, “Arasso.” He pats my head when I look at him. This is the first time I heard him speak in Korean. Josh, seriously? Since when you learn Korean?

Josh gave me the what-are you-looking-at look. I shake my head and laid back my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. “Hana?”

“Hmm?”

“Have you eaten?” As Josh’s question ends, my stomach starts to grumble. “I take that as no. Come on. I’ll buy you some!” he pulled my hand and held my hand as we walk together.

Josh bought some hotdogs for me and himself. We enjoy our meal and end up after few minutes later. “Josh, promise me that you’ll be eternity best friend?” I look deep into his eyes. He nods and grins, “Of course. I’ll be yours forever.”

He sounds different when he says ‘forever’. Am I falling for you Josh? Argh, I’ll be gone and falling over my childhood best friend. Oh God.

Josh POV

Monday is here and Hana also will be gone. I sighed when I look at the calendar beside my bed. I ruffled my hair and stare at the cold floor, ‘I’ll miss you, Hana.’

I quickly washed up and ran downstairs. To my surprise, Hana is there with her mom with mom and dad, having their breakfast. “Good morning, sleeping head!” Hana greet me. She ran to me and jump over me.

She giggled, “Dude, you’ll make me late for my flight!” Hana hit my shoulder. “Sorry.” I mumbled. “Hana, you have to eat now, or you’ll have to board the plane without any food inside you.” Mom warned her.

We walk over to the table and sat to each other. “Sometimes I wonder if the both of you are my children. You guys are so look a like.” Dad praises us.

“I know.” I replied. They all laughed at my short reaction.  Soon after we had our breakfast, my parents apologise to Hana because they couldn’t sent her off. They hugged each other before Hana left the house.

“Go.” Dad whispered to me.

I set myself into Mrs. Park’s car and sat at the passenger’s seat, behind. The journey to the airport were quiet, nobody dares to talk. I can only hear breaths sound in the car. As soon as we arrived, I unload Hana’s luggage and walk with her.

Few announcements had been made. One of it, “Calling to all passengers of Flight 388, Dallas to Incheon, the plane will depart in another 30 minutes. Please board the plane now.”

“Your flight is here.” I held her hand.

She sighed, “Yeah. Can’t I just stay?” she whispered to me the last part.

I shake my head. Obviously, no. It’s your mom’s order. “You have too, Hana. I’ll email to you, whenever I’m free. Take care, alright?”

She nods. “Hana?” Mrs. Park called her. I turned around and smiled at her, “I gotta go now. Bye!” I hugged her, like the longest hug I’ve ever hug her. Before I released her, I quickly kissed her cheek and ran away.

“Yah! KIM JOO SHIN! BYUNTAE!!” She yelled my name and emphasize the last word, hard.

Hana’s POV

Mom walks closer to me and pulled to her embrace. “Hana, take care, alright? I’m truly sorry if my words or actions made you felt wrong. I never have those intentions to you.”

My tears start to run down, “Mom, I don’t wanna go.”

She hugs me tighter, “I don’t wanna let you go but this is the best for you.” She releases the hug and wiped away my tears. Come on, you don’t wanna miss Korea, right?”

“You can meet your precious Kim Woo Bin. Tell me when you do.” Mum pinched my cheeks. “Mom, I’m sorry if I’ve ever let you down or saddened you.”

“You’d never done that to me. Believe me; I’d trade my own life if I want you to be with me in my future life.” Her words did mean a lot to me. I glance back at the clock, the final 20 minutes.

“Hana, this is my card. You can use this whenever you need them. Don’t worry, the bills is on me. I’ll bank in your monthly allowance. This is your bank book. You need this …” mom explained.

“When I need to withdraw the money. I knew that, mom.” I cut her words. I hug her for the last, “Goodbye mom.”

She kissed my temples and watched me walks towards the departure gate. I checked in and walk towards the gate. I turned back and mom still standing there, watching me go while wiped her tears away. I knew this will be a long journey for me.