제 12 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Jin’s POV

What is she doing here?!

“What are you doing here?!” both of us said at the same time again. “I’m the hyung here!” she just made that annoying sound. “What about you?” I asked her.

“Oh, you guys knew each other before?” Jimin walked into our deep glares. “NO! But she said the otherwise. Too smart for everything.

Leader Mon and Suga watched us giving glares until Hoseok break everything, “Hae Rim, why don’t you take a shower and change to something comfortable?” She looked at Hoseok and that fake smile, I’ll never forget that.

Jimin pulled Hae … what was her name again? Hae bwoh? Yoongi came to my side, “Hyung, are y-ou okay?” he placed his hand on my shoulder. Seriously, I’m not okay and seeing her was fine but her high voice and accusing everything it’s not okay.

I sat down on the couch and cupped my face, “Do you really don’t know her? Cause from what I saw just now, it looks like you guys have met before it something bad happen.” Namjoon sat next of me.

“Its nothing.” I went back to the kitchen and follow Hoseok and start to prepare the lunch. Hoseok look at me like I have to make some interrogation with every one who witnesses it. “Hyung …” he called.

I sighed. “Let’s just forget about it and focus on the meals, alright? I’ll tell when it’s time.” I try to make them quiet just for a moment. I just can’t focus with everything, so I walk out from the dorm and head to the balcony.

I took a deep breathe and relax my mind. “Is she the one that you told me before?” I know that only one person’s voice by which I’ve told about her. I nod, “Then, what so fussy about it?” Namjoon asked back.

“I know I made a mistake but can’t she forgive me or something?” I look back at him. He shrugged, “Maybe you have to deal it with 1-to-1 way.” He gave an option. “Does that mean, she’s Jimin’s classmate?”

Namjoon nods, “Yeah. Seems like your one truly enemy is your dongsaeng’s classmate.”

“You don’t wanna come in?” he asked. I shook my head, “Well, don’t stay out for long. You might get cold.” He rubbed his palms and ran inside. I don’t know why, but I’m freezing. Maybe because of my inner self tempered fumed.

I stay out for another moment trying to forget things and I felt slightly relieved inside. I found her camera lens when I browse through the web and it should be arrived by this Wednesday. I mumbled to myself that I’m a grown man and I should have let this thing off by now.

But, how could i?

Every day I thought about her words running in my head. I felt damn guilty about it. It’s just that, I have to make it up to her and ask “Hyung, lunch is ready.” Jimin called.

I look back at him and gave a thin smile. I walk in and there she is. Wearing one of Jimin’s sweatpants and training shirt. “Sorry for the waits.” I sat and look at her.

She looks cute though … OMG! Jin, what are you thinking?!

“Let’s dig in.” I announced the magic word and everyone was too immersed with their food and ate it non-stop. I took a glance at her, why isn’t she eating?

She played with the steak on her plate, “Is something wrong with the food?” Yoongi being concerned since she sat between Yoongi and Jimin. She shook her head, “Nope, not at all.”

She cut the meat into small piece and I felt someone kicked my leg hard. “ARGH! WHO DID THAT?!” Now all their attention was at me. I know it was V. He gave me just-eat-your-food-hyung look. This kid …

We all ate for like 30 minutes in silence until Hoseok break the ice, “So, Hae Rim, how’s things getting along in school? Well, you’re from the states right?”

States? No wonder her English was damn good.

“Umm … things are perfectly fine now.” that sparkles everything. Her smile is … OH JIN! I THINK YOU NEED TO KNOCK YOUR HEAD AT WALL NOW.

“You can speak English?” out of nowhere Namjoon using his English skills. He studied at NZ right? She nods, “I was raised there.” She replies that too in English.

Burp by burp came out from this food monsters “Thank you for the food!” they all mumbled with their full stomach. Everyone cleaned the table and get to their own work. I have nothing so I sat on the couch with V and Hoseok, watching the uninteresting shows.

The thunder strikes and flashing among the clouds. Looks like heavy rain will be tonight. I look out the window and mumbled prayers under my breathe.

Hana’s POV

Everything was in silenced as everyone turned their gaze watching TV. All I can hear were the sound through the speakers and heavy rain outside. I brought my feet over my chest and sighed, “You wanna go home now?” Jimin whispered. I look at him while laid my head on knees, “No. Just that … nothing.”

I felt a bit confused inside. It’s pretty much early and it’s raining heavily outside. Aunt and uncle probably not at home yet by this early evening.

“Do you wanna continue the assignments?” he suddenly asked. I nod my head and ran to my bag, “Let’s finish what we’ve started.” I beamed.

He giggled and we sat in a room which Jimin guide me in and continued our expedition on WWII. The room was peaceful and the door is transparent so I can see clearly to the hall. Jimin pretty much understand the whole thing now and he kept on asking why he did this? Why didn’t they stop everything and so on.

Pretty annoying but I know from that questions he wondered on it.

Jimin hand over the laptop to me and he mentioned that it’s my turn now. I looked at him, “Huh?” what?

“We’ll rotate on these. So we don’t get bored over the time.” He explained. I gladly accept and browse over the internet.

Not long after, Hoseok went to us with a tray of snacks and drinks with him, “I hope I didn’t bother any of your discussions.” Is he the mom of the group? I’m not sure but he’s like one.

Jimin and I munch and munch until I decide to ask him. “Where are your managers?” I look at him. He looks back at me, “Probably dating, washing the car or went back to their own house.”

“They didn’t stay here?”

He smiled, “They are and sometimes they just went back to their house to visit their family.” a great bonding and the boys can control the house well. “Hae Rim, what does it feel like to stay at the states?” he randomly asked.

I look at him, “What do you want to know about?”

“EVERYTHING!” He sounds like a 5 year old kid on a sugar high.

“Well, 2 things are different for school. You don’t have to wear uniforms and you have to go to different classes for subjects. So, probably you’ll have different classmates for each subject.” I start with the usual.

“That’s so cool. You mean by no uniform, you can practically wear anything?” Okay now he’s too excited. Is he planning moving there? I wondered.

“Yeah…”

He tapped his chin and having his deep thought “It must be fun. How about night life?” he whispered the last questions and leaned closer to me. Hey, I have personal space problems.

“W-what …” I stuttered.                                                   

“I’m just joking. Underage isn’t allowed right?” Yeah, I’ve been there like almost the time. True, underage aren’t allowed, but I always have the access there.

We continued and I didn’t noticed how long this was until V knocked the glass and our gaze averted to him, “What?” Jimin slightly raised his voice. He points at me, “Me?” I point again to myself.

He nods. I walk out and he leaned and crashed his lips at me. “Yah!” I pushed him. “Hae Rim, I like you! Please let me be your one and only. I promise I won’t …”

“BULL! I don’t even know you and you just stole my first kiss!” I scold him. “What’s wrong with you?” I raised my voice and look around. I can’t find anybody but only the both us in a slightly dimmed room.

“Wh-what’s going on?” I asked as he walks closer to me. He trapped me between his arms, “Hae Rim … I like you. Can’t you see that?” he tries to sound y as possible.

Tell me this isn’t real!

“Hae Rim!” I stood up and look around saw Jimin look at me, waiting, “Are you staying for dinner?” I rubbed my face and look around. Phew! I’m still in one piece and that weird V is nowhere. I don’t … Wait, “Dinner?” I asked back.

He nods, “Hoseok hyung called you when I went to the toilet earlier but you must be fallen asleep when you’re studying. So, you stay for dinner?”

I squints my eyes at the bottom of the laptop’s screen, 7.15?! Oh, ! How long did I crash out?! Damn! I’ll be dead when I get home! “Umm … I have to go home now. It’s pretty late.” I packed my stuff and stood up from the chair.

He held my wrists, “T-take it as J-Jin’s hyung apology and wait a little while for the rain eased.” Who’s Jin? Oh, you mean the guy who bumped into me? Rain eased? “This room is sound proof from outside.” He noticed my face changes as I heard rain.

I look out through the only window in the room. I sighed softly “I guess I have no choice.”

He smiled in glee and ran out form the room, “She’s staying!” he shouted happily. I wondered if this boy is a 5 year old kid stuck in an 18 year old body. He helped me organize the books and we walks out to the living room.

I wonder where the others when. It’s so quiet. And I spot the third shoe, it must the maknae. He must be cute though. I giggled inside.

“Why don’t you just enjoy the TV shows while I get myself freshen up?” Jimin said. I nod and he’s off to the bathroom.

Since the TV shows were damn boring, I flipped to other channels and same problem. So, I look up to my phone and 3 unread messages and 5 missed calls from the same person; aunt.

Hana, it’s raining heavily now. Are you at your friend’s? – The first text.

Sweetheart, the rain is getting heavier. Tell me if you wanna come home. I’ll pick you up. – 2nd text.

Hana, are you alright? Are staying much longer? I’m worried about you. Have you eaten? It’s getting nearer to dinner time. Just reply me back when you read this. – That was 3rd.

She’s too concerned and worried about me. I wish mom was like this to me. I’m surprised. I replied back and I was called by Hoseok, “Hae Rim, do you mind if I cook Korean foods for the dinner?” I nod and he smiled in relieved.

“Where are the 3 other boys? I look at Hoseok at the kitchen. Damn this guy wearing his wife beater with training shorts, just a perfect combination for him. “They went out. It’s boys’ night from what they told me.”

“Why didn’t you tag along?” I asked. He looks like somebody who loves sport.

“I wish but they will be home later nearly midnight and it’s really tiring. So, I just made myself cosy at home. Besides, the maknaes are forbidden to go out without managers’ permission.” He explained while cutting those potatoes into mini cubes.

The atmosphere became much more awkward when Jin joined me watching TV on the couch. I took a glance at him and he didn’t notice that one. Dude! What are you doing?!

Jin’s POV

I walk back to the living hall and saw her sitting alone watching weird reality shows. “Hyung, aren’t you gonna make it up to her?” Hoseok whispered as I walk into the kitchen.

I shrugged, “I want too but … let’s see how it goes.”

I sat on the couch next to her and obviously there were 21km of space between us. I knew she secretly peeking at me and cursed under her breathe saying why am I sitting here?

For the pass 10 minutes, there was nothing until Hoseok text me although the kitchen was just by my side.

‘Go!’ His text.

I cleared my throat as a calling signal to her. And she did look at me but in pissed face. Can you just like smile a little bit? Gosh! “I’m sorry about the other day.”

“You’ve mentioned about it.” She sounds sarcastic.

I sighed “And the lens. I’ve bought it through online and it’ll be here, tomorrow.” I said in quite low voice, merely the two of us could hear it.

“Since you’re a friend of Jimin and his partner for project, I can’t there’s a problem for me to give this to you. I can give it through Jimin or I’ll just give it you by myself as an apology.”

She finally smiled and I can smell her scent. Oh, did she just hug me? “Thank you so much! You wouldn’t know how much I fell right now.” Yes, I do. You’re hugging me.

“H-hyung?” that voice. She released from her tight hug and looks away while pull a lock of her hair back her ears; blushing. “Annyeonghaseyo, noona. Jungkook imnida.” He bowed to her. “So, you’re hyung’s girlfriend?” he sat in front of her, staring more to be precise.

She shook her head, “Hae Rim imnida.”

Ah, so, her name is Hae Rim. “Hae Rim-ah!” Jimin yelled over the sound-proof room. Why did you have to cut me? This boy! “Foods ready!” Now, Hoseok is calling.

We all have no choice but to seat at the dining table and eat. For nearly half an hour, I can only heard munching and utensils hit the bowl sound. They’re food monster. I have half of my normal appetite and I don’t know why.

She suddenly stood up and went to the window, “The rain finally stops.” She looks back at us. “Home?” I asked. She shook her head, “I’ll finish the meals first.” We all continued and cleaned the table.

After everything was set, Hae Rim slung her bag over her shoulder, wore her hoodie and held some books on her arms. “You sure, you don’t want me to company?” Jimin offered her. She smiled, “I can walk on my own.”

She bowed again and left. Jimin and Hoseok pushed me to the door, “GO!” They yelled. So, I don’t have a choice and I have to run to her, assuring she’s fine and will be fine. Jungkook threw my jacket and scarf at me, “Grab her heart!” he wished before I closed the door.

“YAH!” I yelled form outside.

I managed to keep with her speed and held the elevator’s door. She’s inside and looks at me in surprised. “What are you doing?” she asked. I’m eating. Can’t you see I’m panting just to assure you went home safely?

 “They made me.” I told her hopefully she gets it. She nods and tapped her feet while waiting for the elevator arrived to the lobby. “Let me help you with those.”

I took her books and walk with her outside. It’s quite freezing and I saw her rubbing her hands few times, well winter is here. I wrapped my scarf over her neck and continued walking like nothing happen.

“Don’t you need this, Jin oppa?” she called and it literally stopped my tracks. What did she just call me? Oppa? I really need to make an appointment with psychiatrist. Am I hearing voices? “What?” I called.

She pointed at her scarf, “You look like you’ll be frozen anytime soon.” She pouted and we arrived at the park where I remembered everything that had happens. “Why are we here?” I asked her while sat on the bench.

“My aunt will take me.” She fiddled her fingers over the screen, like texting to somebody. I look around; it’s quite chilly and freezing tonight or maybe my own feelings?

I shrugged, “Thanks and I’m sorry what happen just now.” She mumbled. I think that’s the most sincere things I heard. “Welcome and I’m sorry for bumped onto you the other day too.”

She giggled, “You seriously need to stop apologising. And I didn’t expect you to buy me that lens, because it’s quite expensive.”

“Well, how could i? You were insanely mad on that day. Plus, noona use the same camera as yours so, I don’t think there’s a problem with it. Noona helped me a lot.” I smiled at her.

After that, only the sound of our breathe only could be heard with steam from our mouth from breathing are visible. “Hae Rim?” I called her.

“Yeah?” she looked at me with those sparkly eyes. Under the moonlight those eyes were the prettiest thing I’ve seen. Prettier than pink diamond and JIN! GET HOLD TO YOURSELVES!

“Jin?” she called back. My gaze averted back at her, “I w-was just … can I have your number?” I don’t have bad intentions, okay? She raised her eyebrow at me, “No, I’m not kind of desperate guy. I was wondering I could give those lenses at you by myself. It’ll be much more sincere.”

She softly sighed, “S-sure.” she took my phone and save her number in it. “Thanks.” I mumbled. Suddenly, a car honk with a bright car lights in front of us. I block those lights with my hands, “My aunt is here. I’ll see you soon.” She took her books and bowed before left into the car.

I stood and bowed as her car disappears into the thin air. I smiled alone and look over my phone and rename her name with ‘fumed girl’.


 

 

Things goes pretty fine now. But I don't think so ...