제 10 장

The Girl with Pink Hair

Hana’s POV

I dash out form the house as I get the green signal. I walk to the nearest bust stop and wait for cab. Thank god I brought along my coat with me, kinda freezing outside.

I wait for while since there are no sign of cab in front of me. ‘Seriously, I hate to walk there. I’ll take about 15 minutes just to walk and I’ll probably sweating by then.

Another 5 minutes passed and a cab stopped I n front of me. Clearly, god heard my prayers. The driver rolled down his right window “5-8 Gangnam?” I asked.

He looked at me again, well he then nod. I sat behind him and avoid his sharp gaze on the behind mirror. I look outside and kinda wonder why people in this country didn’t enjoy their night life? Or maybe my neighbourhood is just that way, but others don’t.

My thoughts flew across the globe, probably twice before the driver clears his throat signalling we’re here. I look on to my left window and I was in awed. I pay the cab fee and gets off. Blazing music could be heard from outside and most of people arrived had secure their queuing position.

I took off my coat and heard some ‘oohs’ and ‘wow’ from the ones still queue. It’s getting a bit tense outside and the vibe to dance will explode any time from my inside. I let my hair flow without any bands and fix my dress properly.

I begin to the ‘VIP’ section. Yeah, few glares that I’ve received just uncomfortable but hey, I booked online on VIP okay? “Pass?” the guard asked from me as the guy in front of me stepped inside. I gave to him and try to look normal as I could.

“You may go in and enjoy!” the guard push the door and I led myself inside. The club staff took my coat and slips to my wrist a yellow florescent band, “This band contain your ID number.” I only heard those since the music was too loud.

I nod and walk off.

Multicoloured flashing spotlights, up beat music and crowd of people dancing in the middle of the dance floor just making the atmosphere much better. But, I’m gonna have some punch before get myself in the middle of the dance floor.

I find it hard walking to the bar since its pretty crowd tonight. I have to pass through them; more like rubbing myself on the sweaty body surround me, just to go to the bar. I sat on the high stool, “What can I get for you, pretty lady?” the bartender asked.

He seems young, he’s new here? “Witch’s brew, please.” Ahh, my all-time favourite drink. Josh and I used to drink this before we turn ourselves on the dance floor.

The bartender came back and present my drink, “Enjoy.” He smiled and went to the other section. I drank in one shot and within few minutes I was immersed with everything. I feel great!

I’m still having my senses but that drink just feel great. I walk to the dance floor and just literally dance. All I know, I’m sweating and I’m exactly at the middle of the dance floor. How do I get in here? I have no idea.

My throat begins to dry up from restraining my dancing. I walk back to the bar for two shots of A.M.F. Josh had asked me to try before but when he drank, he gets too drunk after few shots. He’s a real clubber for an underdog.

The DJ spins more his records making me dancing non-stop without having a term of exhaustion in my mind right now. The music and crowd are superb. While I’m grooving to the beat, a pair of hands sneaked to my waist and secure tightly, “Hey there!” he sounds seductive.

I have no idea why, his touch is like protection to me. No doubt, I didn’t pushed his arms away but I kinda like this feeling.

No One’s POV                                

Hana smiled and turned around. Her hands crawled and lands on his neck while their bodies grinding on each other, following the beat. With minimal sense on her, “Hey handsome.”

That guy chuckles, “I noticed your dance quite … seductive.” He praised. Hana hung her head low blushing. Although it was dark and she clearly can see the guy’s face but she’s madly blushing right now.

“I’m Kai. You?” he asked. “Hana.” That name had already carved into her mind since he held her waist. Hana look into his eyes when the spotlight across their faces, “You have a pair of nice eyes.” Hana praised. “And you have everything beyond perfection.”

Those sweet words that Hana heard made her heart flutter even more. “Why don’t we go somewhere in private?” he continued.

Now, Hana regain her senses. She sense this way too far from what she had on her mind. If only Josh is here, she’s safe. But she knows nobody. Hana softly pushed his sneaky arms away and walks her heels off.

But Kai has a fast reflex and his tight grip make Hana turned face him, “Sorry. I have to leave.” Hana pulled her hand.

Kai had to huddle among the people, in order to get Hana. Kai grasps her arm, "The party will begin.” He looked at his watch, "Night is still young and I have something special for you."

Hana felt scared and in battle releasing her arm from Kai’s solid grip, "Let go of me. I 'm going home.”

"Why love? Do you have anything to say? Or do you have a better place for both of us?” Kai smirks.

During their struggle, someone was watching Hana from afar as he thought, 'She's not supposed to be here. She’s still young, right?’ The man quickly walking toward them and pulled Hana’s hand to him, "When the women ask pleads softly, do not equivocate.” Hana increasingly scared and hiding behind the man suddenly saved her.

"Don’t interfere in my affairs!” Kai tried to pulled back Hana to her, but the guy was quicker, "Don’t force me.”

Kai laughed sarcastically, “If I'm forcing you, why? Who's going to stop me? Are you her boyfriend? Her husband?"

The man sighed, “I am her boyfriend. And if you have nothing else, we should exit from here. Let’s go, jagiya.”

Hana is still in a bit of fear and trauma, just follows him out of the club and maintains a distance between them.

"Thank you.” Hannah was relieved that his ity is still with her as she walks out from the club. Hana stopped her pace and hung her head low. She begins to cry and sobs harder.

Hana’s POV

My feet stop when my mind suddenly flashed about mom and Josh. I stopped and look on my feet, why am I like this? I’m such a rebellious daughter. Dad won’t like seeing me like this. As I know, my tears had bawl out and flow like a stream and make my make up smudge.

“Hana, are you okay?” he asked. I nod and wiped my tears away with the back of my palm. “I think you’re little bit sober from what you drank before.” He held me in his arms with my head hung low. His warm embrace made me felt secure and it’s comfortable. Oh, I love this.

He continued and led us to a park.

We sat on the bench and look up to the sky, “Am I bad … from your view?” I break the ice. Seriously, I don’t know this guy but I felt like I had something with him; like a connection.

He giggled, “Nope. Definitely no. Why?” his voice sounds familiar. “How did you managed to enter the club? Aren’t you under age?” he asked more.

I sighed as my head slowly spinning seeing millions of stars above me, “Oh! There a lot of stars tonight.” That’s not what I’m suppose to say.

“How do you know my name? Have we ever met?” I mumbled.

Under this shining moonlight, I still can’t see him not because he has his snapback on but the only thing that’s visible is his V jaw-line. He smiled, “I think so.”

Okay, this is a creep stranger.

I slowly stand up even my feet trembling and I begin to walk away, “Hana …” he called me softly. I stopped in the pitch dark, “I’m not gonna do anything to you. Sit.” I obeyed his words. Serious, those A.M.F make me feel so out of control right now.

Slowly those sharp headaches began to attack my head, “Argh.” I slowly groaned. “Effects of the drinks.” I told him.

“I’ll get you something.” He stood and left me. I couldn’t control of the major pain. Felt like worse than the normal period cramp. “Oh, !” I closed my eyes and hopefully it reduces the pain but it didn’t; it’s getting worst.

I felt a hand caressed my arm. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw his smiled; beautiful, “I got you water and bread? Well, pain killers sold out for the moment.” He helped me up to my sitting position and sat next to me.

“Thanks.” I said as I slowly regain my senses back. I’m so not gonna drink those A.M.F again. My head begin to felt heavier and I lay on the bench arm. I closed my eyes for a while and relaxed.

I felt a presence of hand slowly moved my head to something softer. It was his laps, “You really need some rest.”

“Wake me up after 10 minutes.” I said.

It was quite a minute and I felt a light shock, “Hana? Hana~ Wake up.” I rubbed my eyes and woke up. “What time is it?” I yawned and stretched a little.

“3. 56 Am.” he reply bluntly. I nod, “You slept for 1 hour Hana.” He corrected and I look at him in shock. “Why you didn’t wake me earlier?” I hit him on his arms.

“Hey! You look so tired while you’re sleeping. I don’t have a heart to wake you up.” He explained. I sighed lightly, “its Saturday and no school.” I smiled.

I stood up and almost felt due to my imbalance. He kneels on the floor and took my heels off, “Hop on my back.”

What?! “Eh?”

“I said hop on my back. I’m gonna get you home. If you wish not to break and swell your toes, you better be on my back.” He cut me before I could say any.

He held my calves and walk slowly, “Sorry to burdened you again.” I held him tighter and rest my right side on his back, listening to his heartbeat. “You don’t have too.”

“Can I ask you a question?”

He nods. “Is this our first time met?” he shook his head. ‘When did we met before?” I continued. He kept in silence. “Ya! Why are you in silent?” I began to grew in frustration.

“You asked if you could ask me a question so I did.” Okay, that hits me hard. Gosh, this guy such a sarcasm but has a lovely side with him.

I told him exactly aunt’s address and he carried me home. Our conversation stops and we keep ourselves hearing to sound of our soft breathe. We almost arrived and I insist him to let me down. “I can walk from here, thanks by the way.” I bowed.

“I’ll walk with you.” He offered.

“You’ve did a lot earlier.”

“Hana, I’m not trying to scare you or what but nobody knows even you, whether that sick drunk guy earlier from the club is waiting in front of your house.” He smirks.

I glared at him and agreed him to walk with me. It only just after 2 house and here I am. “Thanks again.”

“Don’t mention about it.” He bowed and took his steps away.

“Wait…” I stopped his tracks.

“Can I have at least have a hint of your name?” he looked at me with that dark shadows on his face, hesitate to answer. He smiled and walks away without saying anything.

I enter the house and nobody’s home. I took a warm shower and quickly changed into my pyjamas. I stared around my dark room, wondering who that guy is. I’ve met before and his voice rings a bell in my head.

I know that voice, but it couldn’t be him …

It still remains a mystery for me but not for him.


 

 

 

Who saved Hana?

 

Can you guess?