We Meet Again

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

Taken by the soft wind to your world
You asked me brightly where I came from to your side
And I told you that It was a secret
Wherever we walk together
Will be paradise


The sun lifts up showing the gloomy clouds away placing the brightest smile on the sky. Kai's alarm clock rang as it strikes to six thirty am. It was monday and it's first day of class. It's been three months since they moved in to Beijing and a month of sadness that breaks him time by time but thanks to Krystal's effort of calling him once in a while never bothered of the expense it cost her. He was able to smile a little day by day knowing that Taemin and Krystal are in good terms. Which turned out to be them being close friends to growing more than that each day. He smiled from the thought of them dating just two weeks after he left. It didn't registered to him that one day both his best friends will become lovers and him being in the corner. But he knew well that ever since Taemin had the courage to speak up his heart, he had been making moves back then but didn't really look like courting but for Kai, somehow he had the impression that Taemin has this crush thing on Krystal. But more or else Krystal never showed a little interest over Taemin but who would have thought that one day out of the blue, the two confessed to him thru Skype that their dating. Kai chuckled remembering their conversation last two nights. It’s been a month already but he seems to see progress with their relationship as Krystal updates her Instragram account of photos of her and Taemin. Though Kai don't have an account to any social networks, Krystal just send him mms of random photos just to update him of their whereabouts and Kai tries his best to send one each week just so to show Krystal and Taemin that he's okay and still on the process of adjusting.

Kai sat on his bed and reached out his hand to stop his alarm clock from ringing. He made a loud yawn as he stretched his arms up to the ceiling.  He heard a knocked from his door when he was about to stand and head to the bathroom.

He looked to the door as it opened not to wide but good enough to hear his mom say "Wake up Kai-sshi or you'll be late for school" that would always be her routine in the morning knowing that Kai is always lazy in waking up early especially when he hasn't got that much sleep.

Well it's been a week now since their history teacher Mr. Wu gave them a project on building a historical architecture using papers of any kind and he just started last night because he had to contact Taemin to give him an idea on making it because he wasn't gifted of having creative hands which is one of his weaknesses. That's why he hated art subject not because he doesn’t like art literally but because it didn't liked him way back before his elementary days. He shooked his head of the negative thought because starting a day like this with bright sun rising after a week of rain is not a good way to start the week.  

He grabbed his towel hanging on his door wall and opened his door wide then headed for the bathroom. It took him minutes to finished taking a bath. He got out of the bathroom just in time for breakfast to be ready. He sniffed his nose when he smelled fried chicken surrounding the air he smiled and went inside his room to put on his uniform and white paired socks. Did a little of combing then a spray of perfume and grabbed his bag from the side of his desk and headed to the dining table. His mom was placing a pitcher of orange juice on the table then sat across him they said their prayers then started eating.  Five minutes later they were finished.

Kai drunk a glass of the orange juice then headed for the bathroom again to clean his teeth a minute later he bid goodbye to his mom carrying his black leather bagpack on his back before he wore his white rubber shoes and headed out to the door. He looked at his silver wristwatch and his eyes widened as he muttered the word seven thirty. First class starts around eight thirty in the morning and though school was just blocks from his place he would still be late if he walked by foot. He wanted to use his ability right now because using the elevator would spare more than a minute since they are on the tenth floor. But cameras are all over the building and he can't get caught except if he is about 5 meters away from the vicinity of the condominium he would be safe to teleport. So he sprinted for the stairs when he saw the number on the elevator screen blinking from 3 going to 4 and so on. Time like this people are already heading for work as well as school. It took him about 15 minutes to reach the ground floor he was greeted by Mr. Chan one of the janitor in the building. He managed a smile and headed to the main door of the building turned left and sprinted for the small alley to the right where leads to the other side of the street. It was too narrow and long that no one mostly used it as short cut to get the other side. It was the best place to teleport. He walked a little further to the dark side of the alley to keep away from the light incase people pass by he wouldn't be seen. He wore his black bull cap and lowered his gazed picturing the little garden just a few steps away to their classroom. He had done a lot of assessment and careful observation on the school his mother enrolled him to and as well as to his new home, just in case he needed to use teleportation it would be easy for him to imagine the place he'll be safe to land.

He took a deep breathe trying to relax his heart that his pounding a little fast from his running before he vanished into thin air. Seconds later, Kai appeared in the school garden under a Cherry Blossom tree. He looked around surveying if anyone was in sight but lucky for him no one was there. The school garden is mostly empty in the morning and isolated at times because it's a little far from the main building and it's located on the farthest back part of their Department building, but he likes the place because it's quiet and he can used it anytime when he needs to teleport.  He check his watch, he is twenty minutes early. Just enough time for him to reach his classroom which takes about fifteen minutes on foot. Kai starts to walk towards the little wooden gate of the garden and turned left. He walks few more steps and reached the hallway of their building which is the High School Department. He is now on second year and will have another more year here in this institution that hasn't made him feel more welcome than the woman on the front desk back at the condominium where they are staying. He let out a sigh as sadness fills his heart. Kai walked straight as students greeted the teachers who were passing by "Good morning Ma'am" said the two girls from the other class in mandarin. He bowed his head and greeted the teachers who just pass him by with a smile. There were some who greeted back but others just nodded and continued walking.  Before the bell rings he got to his classroom, Paused for a minute as he heard his classmates making noises on the other side of the door which was a sign that their teacher is not yet there. He slide the door to open and entered quietly as some of his classmates stared at him. He always get this kind of greetings every time he comes to school and he never get the reason why he feels like those eyes are trying to kill him. He got to his chair at the back part next to the window and seated quietly placing his bag on the back of his chair.

Minutes later their English teacher arrived. She went straight to the teacher's table in the front corner of the room and opened her class attendance. One by one she called out names and each student raised their hands as their names were called. There were 40 students in her class and all were present that morning. She then put aside her class attendance and opened a book and started her class with their new lesson for that day which is grammar.  Englsih has been Kai's favorite subject. Not just because he is fluent in the said language or because he studied in an International School way back in South Korea but because he likes poetry and the idea of being able to act on stage and portray someone other than yourself is a challenge that Kai always like to do. He always dreamed to be one of the best performer in South Korea. But now he hopes to have that same vibe here in his new school and get off with being the new comer who hadn't get much of a good impression other than being stared by his classmates and other students from other classes. But he's hopes don't get him anywhere since three months have passed yet he still seems to be the new comer. Though he gets to chat a little with the other boys from his class especially when there are group works his classmates seems to be nice to him but outside he was a left out. An hour has pass and the bell rung for the next class. The teacher gave an assignment about making their own poem that will be pass on Friday. After some comments and clarifications she said goodbye and dismissed the class. Kai wrote down on his notebook what their teacher said and put his notebook on the side of his table. Minutes later their Math Teacher came in.

"Good Morning class" Mr. See greeted in Chinese

 "Good morning Mr. See" the class replied.

 Kai has been able to understand some basic chinese words for the past month all thanks to the social group where new comers or transferees gather every end of class every friday afternoon for lessons in order to learn mandarin. There were only four of them who are transferees but Kai aren't friends with them because he only went there for two days and hadn't been back since. It's not that he don't like to learn, he was just not in the mood at that time.

 Mr. See starts to wrote on the blackboard and discuss about Algebra. He started with the lesson and wrote some problems to solve. It went on for about an hour and when the bell rung he made a little corrections on the answer from one of his students then gave a take home problem solving and dismissed the class. After the teacher went out, other students followed. It was around ten am which means it was time for recess. Kai get his phone on the outer pocket of his bag placed the earphone then put it on his ears and went out of the classroom.

Kai started humming the lyrics of the song that is playing on his phone as he walked towards the direction going to the school garden. He took 4 steps down the stairs and made a right turn. When he reached the garden he went to the little house that is made of wood covered with white and pink roses that formed the house. He sat on one of the wooden bench on the corner. This was his kind of recess, he don't usually eat snacks around ten cause he don't like squeezing in the with other students. Plus the food in the cafeteria isn't that good for his taste and buying from the store outside will only cause him time since recess is only thirty minutes. So instead of roaming around he chooses to stay in the garden the only place he liked ever since he got to this school.

 While he was busy listening to his playlist his eyes caught a figure sitting under the cherry blossom tree, A female student around his age. He didn't thought that someone would be there because for the past days ever since he found out about the garden he never seen anyone there besides him. He leaned to the wall of the wooden patio and stared at her as the rays of sun made her face more visible. He stared more closer and examined the face of the girl just across him as she busy herself on writing on her pink notebook. Suddenly the girl looked to his direction and smiled when their eyes met. Kai's eyes widened as the girl smiled at him. He was about moved a step back and just realized that we was already standing and just a meter away from where the girl is sitting.

He suddenly felt a little awkward when the girl stood up and walked towards him. Kai moved a step back as the girl came closer to him and examined his face. She has big round black eyes, a very smooth skin and nice pink lips. Her hair was light brown, braided to the side of her right ear touching her shoulder.  He removed his earpiece when the girl said something but he didn’t hear it.

 "Jongin right?" she said again softly in english

Kai was stunned when the girl called him by his real name.

"I'm Xiu Fen" the girl said pointing to herself "Don't you remember?" she said a bit disappointed

Kai didn’t mind the change on her tone, he wasn't the type to remember people except if he is interested to them.

He was about to say no when suddenly the girl moved to his side and tapped his lower back gently "Is your back ok?" she asked in a firm tone then went back to face him with a curious eyes

Kai then remembered something when the girl made a worried look and an image of a girl popped into Kai’s mind "You're the girl from the airport?" he said not so sure if his memories were right.

But the girl smiled and nodded "I thought you forgot" she said in a teasing manner

“You look a little different with your hair like that” Kai replied pointing to her braided hair

“Why?” She said a bit curious

“Back at the airport your hair was straight and messy” He said in a casual tone

“Messy?” she asked raising an eyebrow

But Kai didn’t say a word and just nodded to her ignoring that she wanted an explanation rather than agreeing. But Xiu Fen didn’t insist anymore when Kai motioned to leave.

"So how is you're back?" she asked before Kai turned

He looked to her "It's okay now” he said “It’s been months since" he added assuring her.

"Oh right" she said almost in a whisper and nodded her head "Well it's good to see you again" She said cheerfully "Didn't thought we'll be in the same school" Xiu Fen said then smiled to him

Kai didn’t say anything; he rolled the wire of his earphone and placed it on his pocket together with his cellphone. He moved back and straightens his back. For a moment silence filled the garden.

“Oh” Xiu Fen gasped when the bell rung.

Kai checked his wristwatch “Tsk” He said then sprinted to the gate of the garden.

“Hey! Wait!” Xiu Fen called out grabbing her notebook on the grass under the cherry blossom then followed Kai to the hallway.