Not Alone

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

As I ride the wind I descend upon your world

The white wind surrounding only you

You ask where I come from, I say “it’s a secret” with a smile

As long as you’re with me Heaven is anytime, anywhere

 


                   It was a sunny day in Seoul and Luhan thought of taking a stroll along the park just a few walks away from his apartment. He has arrived in Seoul for the past two days and it's the first time he step out of his place because of all the unpacking and cleaning he did for the first and second day.

"It's good to smell fresh air" He said as he inhale deeply and exhale slowly. He was wearing a pair of jogging pants and a sweat shirt.

                   He was hoping to jog along the park but got captivated by how everything looked around him. Maybe because he was new to the place and didn't feel anyone staring at him. Eversince what happened three years ago, after Xiu Fen keep ignoring him and there some incidents where people act cold around him and he don't know why the sudden change in the atmosphere. He stopped around the corner as he set his eyes on the beautiful scenery in front of him.

"Mom I want to play" a little boy said pulling his mom pants and pointing to the direction of the playground.

"Okay but be sure not to hurt yourself" his mom agreed and the little boy run towards the playground.

                  Luhan looked at the little boy as he sprinted to the playground happily and excited. There were many children playing and parents standing by watching their little ones enjoy themself and taking pictures.

"Family bonding" Luhan uttered.

                   He never had those times. All he remembered was a man he believed to be his father that time leaving him at the doorstep of a small building. An orphange.

*Luhan's Memory*

"Don't ever take this off" the man told me as he put the necklace on my neck. I just nodded didn't know what it was but the strange pendant with many circles was a bit weird.

"Luhan" the man called me, I believe it was my name because from the sound of his voice it felt so nice as it reach to my ear. *Luhan* I repeat the name on my head. He kneel down to me and look me in the eyes.

"Luhan don't every forget that name" He said with smile and he place a hand on my shoulder "One day you'll be reunited with your brothers, and when that day comes be strong and fight the Red Force together" he said, his voice so sincere but I can feel the sadness in his eyes. He smiled then hugged me and left.

*Luhan's Present*

                He knew now that the man he thought was his father was actually like him. he was a guardian back then. As what Kris and Lay said, they were the protectors of the Tree of Life but had to create another protector, Sons as what Kris said. They were called their Sons but they were created through a spell that was bonded from the remains of the Tree of Life to defeat the Red Force.

“Red Force” Luhan murmured as his eyes gaze to the Red light from a tall tower across the park. “Who could be this Red Force that we have to defeat?” He asks to his self.

            They haven’t found out about that one yet. Because none of them knew, even Kris who told them that he lived with the man who created them. But he never got the chance to explain everything to Kris all he did was train him to be a fighter and be a stronger guardian.

            It was around eight in the morning and Luhan pass by a pastry shop just around the corner of the neighborhood. He suddenly stops a few steps away from the door of the shop when his stomach made a growling sound.

“Might as well take a look” He uttered to himself and push the glass door.

“Good day Sir” A woman in her mid-20s greeted him with a smile.

Luhan smiled in return and walked towards the counter “Hi” he said.

“May I help you Sir?” the woman ask softly. Luhan smiled and look at the menus written on the top part of the counter.

“hmm…” Luhan think as he point his index finger to the menu board and scan the lists. “I’ll have Pasta with Red sauce” Luhan said to the woman.

“Okay Sir, Will serve you’re order after ten minutes” the woman said “Do you want any drinks?”

“I’ll have pineapple juice” Luhan answered then paid his order and look for a table. He spotted an empty one at the corner near a bookshelf. He pulled the chair slowly and sat on it facing the bookshelf.

            Ten minutes past and Luhan’s order was serve. He enjoyed his food as he wanders his eyes around the beautiful paintings of different foods hanging on the wooden paint wall. As he gazes along the people coming in and out of the pastry shop, his eyes were stuck at someone who was walking towards him. A girl around his age smiled at him as she turn to face the bookshelf and took a thick book then went back to the counter. Something about her smile made Luhan think they knew each other.

“Noona!” A guy called out as he enter the pastry shop and walk arrogantly towards the girl.

“Sehunnie!” She raised her voice to the guy “Don’t you call me with that tone” She said firmly as she took her change and placed the book on her sling bag.

“Sorry noona” Sehun apologized and walk closer to her “I’m hungry noona” he said acting as he his stomach.

“I’m not buying you anything” She said directly about to leave when Sehun grabbed her hand.

“Please noona, I haven’t eaten anything yet” He pleaded and pouted his lips

“Sorry Sehun, but I’m in a hurry” She shook her hand but Sehun didn’t let her go

“Please noona, can’t you be more responsible for your little brother?” He teases and smiled as a sign of pleading

“You’re no longer little Sehun” She corrected him and  with a sigh of irritation she said “Okay, fine” she surrendered as Sehun keep blinking his eyes and making all this sort of beautiful eyes just to convince her.

“Yes!” Sehun exclaimed

“You owe this time” She reminded him.

              Sehun nodded and smiled at her. She went to the counter and motioned him to find a table for them as she takes their order. Sehun smiled and went to the table facing Luhan. Luhan stare at him as he sense something about the guy named Sehun. Sehun look at him in a serious face as their eyes met. They didn’t stop staring at each other for quite a while until the girl came near Sehun and placed the tray in front of him.

“Do you know the guy?” She ask Sehun. But he didn’t answer him and just look at the food and took a bite of his hamburger.

            The girl gave a questioning look as she sit across Sehun.

“Hey! Eat slowly” She snap Sehun’s hand gently and Sehun just gave her a faint smile.

            Luhan didn’t like the feeling and left the shop as soon as he finished his meal. Suddenly the wind blew cold as he step out of the shop.

“That’s weird” He uttered and look around the him as the wind send chills down to his spine.

            He started walking back from where he came before and reached his place about half an hour. He sat first on the sofa in his living room and turn on his TV then change his mind and walk towards the bathroom to take a shower. His mind recall the incident that happened a while ago in the pastry shop between him and this Sehun guy.

“Was he reading my mind?” He confusingly ask himself as he turn on the shower. “But I couldn’t read his mind” He commented lightly “Could it be…He’s one of us?” He said in a curious tone.

            That he wasn’t sure of. His thoughts sometimes give him a false reassurance and he don’t want to let himself be fooled or expect too much from just that short encounter. He could be just a strange guy; with a cold expression to someone he doesn’t know. But half of him feels like there was a connection between the two of them.

“I’m sure it’s not just because were both blonde hair or about the same height though he looks younger than I am” He started to question his judgment. “His aura when he looked at me tells me we have the same fate” He said then turns off the shower and grabbed the towel from the door and dry his hair then wiped his body and wrap the towel around his hips.

            He went out of the bathroom then headed to his room to put on some clothes then grabs his phone from the drawer and dialed Kris’ number and press the call button. He haven’t talk to him since he left Beijing, Kris didn’t even bother to leave his forest to send him off. He waited but he didn’t answer.

“He must be busy” He said.

              He knows that Kris would usually train for almost half the day to keep him in shape and get hold of his power. Though he had been training with Kris for almost two years, Kris would always say that his twenty years of training can’t give him the confidence that he is strong enough. But Luhan knows that Kris has been nervous ever since he knew about his fate. Like him, Luhan can’t stop thinking for the past ten years when he finally realized about his own powers and knowing his true identity just three years ago, he felt the pressure that Kris has been holding in. They know that sooner or later they’ll be facing the Red Force but he has no assurance that the training he had or how he knew his power would be enough to defeat the Red Force. He isn’t sure of himself either Kris or Lay are confident about theirs and what about the others? How can he be sure that when the time comes that they’ll be reunited again, that they’ll be able to pull it off and defeat Red Force? He felt uneasy about their situation now, their enemy could be watching them from behind and they don’t have any idea who this enemy is nor are they sure that they are ready to face him and accept the consequence of their actions.

             Luhan shook the negative thoughts and tried to in store in his mind that their combine powers will be stronger than the Red Force.

“Who can defeat twelve men with twelve amazing powers?” He teased softly and smiled to himself. “Maybe I should start looking for answers” He uttered and sat on the chair facing his laptop.

            He searched every historical place in Korea as well as in China, hoping to find some links to where they came from or any ideas that can lead him to fixing the puzzles in his mind.

            It took him two hours in typing every word that pops out in his head. From Red Force to twelve guardians then from superpowers to mystical powers and myth of the tree of life. And there was one thing that catches his eyes.

“The Sons of Legends” He uttered as he click the link and twelve strange symbols appeared surrounding a tree.

“The tree of life’ he said as his eyes clearly seen the image of a golden tree.

            He clicks the image that was familiar to him and it zoom in.

“This is the same as my pendant” He said as he grasped his pendant. “Kris and Lay’s pendant is also here” He uttered.

            He read every details on the website and sense that the owner of the site must be someone from their planet or someone who have encounter these twelve sons, that he believe to referring to them. And the Legends must be those men who created them.

“I must find this person” He told himself and started to write down the name of the owner of the site and its address.

            He click the star button on the right top side of the tab and the website page was save to bookmark. He grabs his phone and called Lay. Lay answered after five rings and Luhan told him about what he found out from the net. He told him that he will start looking for this person tomorrow morning and will contact him if he finds anything.

“Okay” Lay said from the other line

“Tell Kris bout it” Luhan said “I could get to him or he just don’t want to talk to me” He said

“Don’t worry I’ll tell him later” Lay assured him

“Thanks Lay” Luhan said in a casual tone

“It’s nothing” Lay answered back “be careful tomorrow” He reminded him

“I will” Luhan assured him then Lay thank him and they both said goodbye before Lay ended the call.

            Luhan look at his phone and his eyes widen

“It’s five in the afternoon already?” He exclaimed “it took me that long?” He ask himself but didn’t mind to answer.

            He headed out to the nearest restaurant to order Japanese ramen. He hadn’t done groceries yet so he has nothing in stock.

“I’ll do grocery tomorrow morning before I head out for a long search” He told himself as he went back to his place and placed his bowl of ramen on the dining table and sat on the chair. He said a short prayer and started feeding himself.

           Minutes later he was finished and washed his utensils then went to his room and switch on his night lamp and his laptop and read again the details on the website he just found a while ago.

          An hour had past and his eyes were a bit sleepy he changed into his pajamas and went to his bed. He picture out again every symbols in his head trying to remember the image hoping that one day he’ll be able to find one of them. He inhaled and exhaled slowly hoping that it will calm his nerves as his heart starts to beat a little faster than normal. He knew he was nervous. This will be the first search he would be doing after planning for it for a long time. Hopefully tomorrow he will find some answers that will lead him to finding the others. His other Brothers.