Back To Life-LUHAN

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

As pure and truthful as a child who doesn't understand anything

That beautiful moment of rebirth

Eyes closing and then opening again, scared this is all just a dream

Reluctant to leave, I sincerely stand in front of you, longing to catch your eye

I just want to walk together with you, using our same pace to play a concerto

Just once would be enough


                 Everything was spinning like the world was running in circle too fast making him dizzy but actually he was the one who’s spinning. His head was giving him headache, the painful one.

“This isn’t good” He uttered softly pressing his fingers to his forehead trying to massage it to make it calm. But it didn’t work. It never works.

                He walks slowly placing a hand on the wall for support. He was balancing his feet as his head feel so heavy. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he clear his mind. Hoping it will relieve the so called pin like ache that is causing his headache.

“I think you should get some rest” someone said from behind him.

                A male voice so familiar came into surface. He tried to open eyes one by one blinking slowly as the pain gets worst.

“Seriously Luhan, it’s not going to help” the familiar voice of a guy said with concern as Luhan placed his hand on his nape and massage it.  He walks near to him and placed his hand on Luhan’s shoulder and faced him.

Luhan opened his eyes and saw a familiar face “K-kris” He said almost a whisper.

“Come on” Kris said placing Luhan’s hand around his shoulder and supporting Luhan as he wrapped his arm around his waist.

“W-wait” Luhan tried to free himself but he was weak because of the pain. “Don’t tell me-“Kris cut him off.

“It’s the only way I can take you hope fast” He said firmly. Luhan didn’t argue anymore as the pain gives him no choice. He adjusts his body to a comfortable position before he nodded to Kris as a sign that he is ready.

                Seconds later they were flying above the clouds. Luhan blinked a little to see where they were. His eyes widen in amusement as he saw himself a hundred feet above the ground. He was flying. He smiled at the thought of it. It was his first time to be on top of everything. Especially at the level of the clouds.

“Enjoying the view?” Kris said in a teasing voice

“Kinda” He answered directly.

                It took them a minute before reaching Kris’ place. It was on top of a hill somewhere in the midst of one of the forests in China. Because Luhan stays in the city, Kris thought it wasn’t good for his head. The noisy people plus the unstoppable blowing of horns would aggravate his headache. They landed safely on the green grass just inches away from the front door. Kris led Luhan to one of the rooms in the house.

“Just take a rest” Kris commanded as his motioned Luhan to the bed.

“Thanks” Luhan said as he lies on the soft foam. He immediately closes his eyes and took a slow breath before finally drifting from reality to dreamland.

                Kris glance back to the sleeping Luhan before he closes the door and headed to his room on the left a few steps away from where Luhan is sleeping. He went to his desk facing the opened glass window and took the chair. He looked outside the window and took out a sketch book and a pencil from the drawer and started drawing something to relax his mind.

                An hour has past and Luhan slowly opens his eyes. He pushes himself to a sitting position resting his back on the bed board, there’s no longer pin throbbing pain in his head. He then slowly lowers his legs and place his feet on the floor. Gathering his strength he stood up slowly.

                It took a while for Luhan to get out of the room and walk toward the kitchen. He has been coming back and forth to Kris’ house for almost three years after they both discovered who they were.

*Luhan’s Memory*

“What do you mean kidnap?!” I heard Mr. Chen said his voice was confused and angry. He was talking to Zi, Xiu Fen’s driver. As I was approaching the window of their living room I saw Mr. Chen with Zi and two other Policemen. I saw Mrs.Chen on the side of the couch crying, Ms. Sue her butler was standing beside her. I didn’t quite get the details but all I know is that Xiu Fen is in trouble.

It took half an hour for me to locate where she was. Being able to read people’s mind was a big help at all. I tried to run fast and used my power which is telekinesis to be able to get to where she was.

“Let go of me!” I heard Xiu Fen’s scream. I walked a little slower trying not to make a sound as I approached the old abandoned warehouse where Xiu Fen was taken.

“You better shut that noisy mouth of yours!” the man in his thirty’s yelled at her pointing a gun on her face. “Or you won’t be able to see your parents anymore” He said in a casual tone and smiled an evil smile then put done his gun and turned his back

“What do you want?”Xiu Fen said harshly as she tries to free herself from the two muscular men who were holding her.

“You sure don’t know how to shut your mouth huh?” the man said then turned again to face Xiu Fen.

*Xiu when someone tells you to shut your mouth just do what they say* I said to my mind hoping it will relay on hers. But she didn’t get the message.

“If its money you want you should have just raid my father’s company” She said directly her voice was a little tense. Scared as I look to her eyes. “My dad doesn’t care about me” she continued as the man gets a little annoyed hearing her voice.

“You don’t tell me what to do little girl” the man pointed his gun to her chin “You know I hate talkative people” he hissed as he turned his back and raise his hand a little commanding his men to take her away.

I followed where they were taking her. The man wearing black gloves opened the door to another room and pushed Xiu Fen inside.

“Be quiet or your dead” He said directly to her as he shut the door and placed a padlock to secure it.

I knock just enough for Xiu Fen to hear. I raised a hand as she look to my direction. Her eyes widens, surprise to see me.

“What are you doing here?” She mumbles as she walks slowly to the window.

I place my index finger on my lips to make her quiet. She bit her lower lips as she move closer to the window. She slowly pushes the window up hoping it won’t make a creaking sound. But it did, little my little helped her until the opening was enough for her body to fit in for me to pull her out. But it didn’t took while and the two men came back. Shock as we are they took out their guns but good thing I was able to stop them by lifting it up a feet above them. Shock to see it floating was enough distraction as I finally let out Xiu Fen from the room and I grabbed her hand a motioned her to run.

“Wha-What did you just do?” she stuttered as we run fast out of the abandoned warehouse

“I’ll explain later” I answered her directly.

                We make a left turn from the abandoned warehouse as we heard gun fires somewhere behind us. We didn’t look back as car engines speed up and stop in front of us. We stop mid-way, Xiu Fen was holding my arm tightly as she lean closer to my back.  Another two came and we were surrounded making us in the spotlight made by the car. One man came out first then another and suddenly we were out numbered.

“This isn’t good” Xiu Fen said her voice was scared. But I wasn’t. I know that I can handle this and both of us will get out alive.

“Just stay close and don’t let go” I told her and she just nodded.

“Young man!” someone from the men in front of us called out. “What guts do you have to put yourself in her shoe?” the man questioned me in a teasing manner but I didn’t answer his question.

“Just let us go!” I raised my voice.

They all laugh, like it was a joke. “I think you’re a crazy kid” the same voice said “Putting yourself in trouble to be a what?” He added “A hero?” He laughs

“I think you should give the girl to us and we’ll let you go” another man said from behind.

                I Know Xiu Fen and I aren’t related but despite the reason that she is my neighbor and a good friend, I consider her as my younger sister. I made a promise to her once that because she has no other siblings and her father doesn’t seem to care for her, I told her that I will be there to protect her and save her no matter what. I’m not gonna let her down, not that I’m already here. I’m not backing out.

“You should kill me first before I could give her to you” I said firmly. I felt Xiu Fen’s grip tighten but she didn’t say anything.

Another laugh filled the air “You’re a funny kid, you know” the man behind me said “If that’s your decision then we don’t have a choice” he added “but we won’t end your life easily, it would be nice to see you suffer” he said in a mocking voice.

I smiled at the thought *Me? Gonna suffer? Let’s see*

Seconds later three men from my side charge towards us but I stop them not even moving an inch.

“What are you waiting for?” the same man said annoyingly

“We can’t move” someone said

“Wha-what do you mean-“he got off guard as I threw two men to where the voice coming from

                I can sense the shock in them as voices moaned in pain. Xiu Fen was all quiet as she hold on my arms tightly. I can say that she’s surprise and scared at the same time.

“What is happening?!” A man yelled out “He is just a kid” he added

“Don’t underestimate me” I uttered but I don’t think they heard it except Xiu Fen.

                Five men again charge towards us but then again they didn’t get that close and they were thrown away. Other’s hit a tree one of them crashed on top of one of their cars and some dive into the open see not too far from where we are standing.

                When no one was making a sound I grabbed Xiu Fen’s hand and was about to run when I saw a shadow in front of us a man was holding a gun.

“I think we underestimated you kid” He said as he walk a little closer

                I stand in front of Xiu Fen shielding her in case he pulls the trigger.

“I don’t think you should do that” I told him as he position his gun aiming to us.

“I don’t know how you did that to my men” he said “But I won’t let you get away with it” he smirked then there was a gun shot. Good thing I was able to wrap myself around Xiu Fen and tried to control the bullet to stop. But I felt something hit my back.

“L-lu” Xiu Fen’s voice stuttered

                Before I could say anything Xiu Fen freed herself to be and I fell on the cold ground.

“Lu!” She rushed to my side “Oh my god” she said in a tense voice as she tried to pull me up. “You-you’re hurt” she said as tears fall from her eyes.

“I told you boy” The man walk near us and stand an inch away from me. He moves to my side and pulled Xiu Fen by her hair. “Just rest now and I’ll take care of your girlfriend” He said and smirked grabbing Xiu Fen’s hand and pulling her to follow him.

“Let go!” Xiu Fen yell “Luhan!” She screamed looking at me.

I force myself to stand and I felt something burning inside me as my anger rose to its highest peak. I screamed and run fast towards them and pulled the man away from Xiu Fen.

                I didn’t remember what I did, but I remembered the man dead my hand was full of blood. Xiu Fen was screaming her eyes were so afraid she moves a step back as I make a move towards her.

“Don’t come near me!” She yells out. It was the first time I heard her say that. Her voice was firm.

“You-you’re a mo-monster” She said just enough for me to hear. It hit me.

*Luhan’s Present*

“Pacing out again?” Kris said in a concern voice as he stands just few inches away from Luhan.

“Sorry…I just remembered something” Luhan said and look the other way.

“You must mean someone?” Kris said correcting him and gave a knowingly smile when Luhan met his eyes.

                It’s been years since he saw Xiu Fen and the way they separated wasn’t what he was hoping. Ever since that night when he rescued her from those kidnappers, Xiu Fen hasn’t been talking to him. Though his thankful that Xiu Fen didn’t tell anybody about his power what really happened, though he wanted to explain his side, for Luhan, seeing her alive and in a good state was even for him. Though he convince himself every day that it was better that she distant herself because that was the best way he could protect her. He is almost much grateful to Kris and Lay who found him and help him before it was too late.

“Come on” Kris motioned Luhan to follow him. “Lay cook something special” he said before turning his back from Luhan.

                Luhan smiled when he heard that Lay was there and that he was cooking something. Though Lay is a year younger to him and Kris, he feels like Lay acts more mature around them and besides cooking he has the healing power. Which saved Luhan from being put to grave to being reborn again.

                Kris and Luhan got to the kitchen just in time the meals were cooked. Lay gave a smile as his eyes met Luhan and placed the white bowl on the dining table.

“Wow!” Luhan exclaimed “

“Everything is set, let’s eat” Lay said and sat next to Kris who said his prayer first then started eating.

“It seems like you’re the one who just got sick rather than Luhan” Lay tease. Kris beam at him and cleared his throat

“He just had headache, it’s nothing serious” Kris defended himself.

Luhan laugh and sat across his two friends “But you were more worried about me earlier” Luhan teased softly. Lay glance at him then started to fill his bowl with soup when Kris gave him an eye and raised his eyebrow.

Kris looked at Luhan who was smiling sheepishly “I wasn’t worried okay?” he said firmly and resume eating. Lay and Luhan looked at each other and grinned. Both of them knew that Kris was just trying to act cool, saying that isn’t worried but truth is he is. The type of Kris who would say I need to be alone when he actually wanted company.

“Just eat you two” He commanded as he felt their stare and he had a glimpse of reading their thoughts.

                The two smiled and started eating their soup and then Kris sliced the grilled pork belly into three and put one slice to Lay’s plate then to Luhan and lastly to his plate. The two just smiled at him and resume eating again. For a while they were quiet, like trying to savor the taste of the food but actually each one were trying to comprehend in their minds what they wanted to say.

“When are you going to Korea?” Kris broke the silence and looked to Luhan

Luhan cleared his throat as he swallow an inch slice of the pork belly and look to Kris “this Saturday” he said in a casual tone

                Lay and Kris nodded

“Is it because of her?” Kris asked directly placing his chopsticks on the side of his plate.

Luhan pause for a while trying to comprehend what Kris said as Xiu Fen’s image flash to his mind “No” He manage to say

Kris smiled halfway “You know-“ Luhan cut it off

“I already told you before” He said “Before we ever met, I was already planning on going to Korea” he went on as Kris just stares at him while Lay is busy eating. “I need to find answers” He said then Kris cut it off

“You could have done that three years ago” Kris said harshly “Three years have passed and we are here already” he said glancing to Lay and then back to Luhan.

 Luhan was caught off guard; he didn’t think Kris will say that. Though he had planned about going to Korea years ago and wanted to find answers to give him that bit of idea of who he really is. But then something happened to Xiu Fen and then he met Kris and Lay.  They were able to answer all his undying questions and comfort him like his brothers. But truth is it’s not about Xiu Fen. It’s about another girl. Someone he met before Xiu Fen came into the picture. The only girl who stole his heart.

“You can’t convince me that is all about searching for answers about who you are or what we are” Kris said sending him back to reality “Truth is you found answers to all of it” he added “You’re trying to leave Beijing to forget her” Kris said calmly

“It’s not our business whatever Luhan plan for himself” Lay interrupted them. Glancing from Kris to Luhan “Searching isn’t yet over” Lay said firmly “We still haven’t found the others”.

                Kris and Luhan looked at Lay and then the two met each other’s eyes and read their thoughts. Lay hasn’t talk like this, none of them ever talked about the others. It never crossed their mind, not until now.

“I planned on going there too, I just need to finish something here” Lay said calmly then took his place as he stand and excused himself. He place his plate on the sink and started washing it.

“Lay has a point” Luhan manage to say after a quite long pause “It’s time we look for the others and defeat this Red Force” He said.

                Kris just nodded then Lay took their plates and told them to clean the table as he washes their plates. After half a minute Luhan thanked Kris for helping him earlier and Lay for the delicious lunch and said goodbye before heading into the woods and back to the city. It didn’t took a while and Lay also left Kris’ house after their short serious conversation.