Not The Only One

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

You are an eye-blinding entity compared to Michael
Who could ever oppose you? I forgive anyone who does
Just like the first person to step on Eden
Every day I will only go toward you and trust you with my heart

Even if it's a small thing, so you won't ever have to suffer

I want to protect you always, I'm eternally in love


“Jongin right?” the girl said softly and smiled.

Kai didn’t say a word, he just stared at her stunned that he heard someone, a stranger called him by his real name. It’s the first time ever since they moved in Beijing. The girl smiled the most angelic smile he has seen since he landed in Beijing.

“I’m Xiu Fen” she said “Remember?” she added then gave a smile that almost blinded his heart.

Kai woke up at the sound of his alarm, rubbing his eyes gently he wonder why he has been dreaming about the girl for the past weeks after they’ve meet at the garden. He smiled halfway trying to control the feeling of his heart longing to see the smile from Xiu Fen. He stood up and turned off the alarm on his bed side table and uttered to himself why the sudden feeling? Maybe because the girl called him by his real name and no one from that school have ever flashed him with that kind of smile, the kindest he have ever seen since they moved here, He muttered to himself trying to shove the weird feeling in his heart. He grabbed his towel that was hanging on his door when it opened and his mom walked in.

“I need to go to the office early today” she said sounded a little worried.

Kai nodded to her and excused himself as he passes through and headed to the bathroom.

“I’ll be back a little late tonight so try to order dinner at the restaurant near your school” She added before Kai entered the bathroom nodding his head in agreement then closed the door behind him.

Mrs. Kim walked towards the bathroom door and knocked “Will you be alright?” she said a little louder as she heard the shower was on.

“Kai!” she called out from the other side of the door when Kai didn’t replied

“Yeah?” Kai asked after he turns off the shower

“Will you be okay tonight?” His mom asked again her voice a little worried. Knowing that it’s the first time she’ll be working late at the office and Kai being all alone made her think that it’s a bad idea since she knew that Kai is still adjusting to the environment unlike back there in Korea where he would just go to Taemin’s house just across from the neighborhood when she would work over time.

“Don’t worry Mom, I’ll be fine” He said in firmly assuring his mother that nothing bad will happen.

Mrs. Kim nodded and told Kai that she already cooked breakfast before she said goodbye and went out. Minutes later he came out from the bathroom drying his hair with another towel and went inside his room to change. He ate his breakfast, washed his plate and headed out. He took the elevator knowing that he still has time to go to school on foot.

He got to the school premises just in time the bell rung. He sprinted to their building hoping that he’s not yet late for class. He sigh when he saw their homeroom teacher at the corridor talking to a student, he walked a little fast and stopped when he saw that the student his teacher was talking to was the girl in his dream.

“Xiu Fen” he uttered to himself as he looked their way who were conversing about something serious from the look of their face. But when Xiu Fen moved her head to his direction, her serious face turned to that bright and cheerful girl she was in her dream and gave him a smile that almost reached her ears. He was surprised with her action that suddenly he felt his cheeks were burning. The teacher looked at him with a questioning face and without a word he lowered his head and entered the room. A minute later their homeroom teacher came in and checked their attendance. Friday was almost like no class day, it’s more on homeroom meetings and club activities. Kai didn’t join any of the club offered by the school. He would rather excused himself from the work and have a day alone in the garden.

            When it was almost three in the afternoon Kai fixed his things and headed out the room to the school gate. He was about to turn to the direction of the  restaurant that was just a few walk from the school when he saw Xiu Fen across the street coming out from a boutique shop and  was walking to the other side of the street.

“Doesn’t she have a car? He asked himself. A little curious of why was she walking and felt unease of the direction she was heading to, so Kai followed her.

            Xiu Fen gets something on her pocket and held her cellphone to her left ear and turned right to a corner. Kai stopped thinking why is he even bothering himself on following the girl. She lived here he told himself and turned his back to the direction he just walked. But got confused with all the signs written in Chinese and the people walking back and forth.

 “Damn” he uttered. He forgot to note the street he was taking because he was busy focusing his attention to Xiu Fen that he already lost track of the direction going back to the school gate.

“I should have just gone to the restaurant” He scolded himself.

            He seem a little annoyed knowing that he wasn’t good on directions and blamed his stupid curiosity for getting him lost. He never had the chance to take this route before because he was not interested on giving himself a tour in a much unknown place. He looked to the direction were Xiu Fen went and still saw her figure from afar. The curiosity was still there so he just pushed himself on finding answer before he look for a place to use to teleport to his room.

            He walk slowly trying not to make a sound as he give distance just enough not to get caught and be called a stalker. Xiu Fen already finished talking to someone from her cellphone when Kai checked his watch. It was around four already and Kai still is not sure of where Xiu Fen is going. He stopped when he heard a male voice talking in Chinese with a hasty voice.

“Hey miss, are you lost?” The man in a draggy pants and long sleeve shirt said as he approach Xiu Fen.

“No I’m not” Xiu Fen answered confidently and started to walk ignoring the man.

“Wait wait wait” Another man in beard appeared blocking her way. “This place is a private property” He said “You are not allowed here, unless…” the man added in a teasing voice and rubbed his chin looking at Xiu Fen from Head to foot.

            Kai didn’t understand a word they were saying but he knew it wasn’t a good conversation. Just by looking at these men he can see trouble written on their faces.

“There is no sign that this area is a private property” Xiu Fen said disagreeing with what the man just said and was about to resume walking when a man in multicolored hair stopped her by placing one hand on her shoulder.

“You can’t just leave like that” he said giving her an eye. Xiu Fen was about to open when someone grabbed her by the hand and pulled her away from the three muscular men.

“Jongin?” She said surprisingly “What are-“ Kai cut her off

“We’re sorry for the trouble” Kai apologized to the three men in Chinese and lowered his head. He then turned his back and motioned Xiu Fen to follow him.

“We don’t accept apology” The Man in multicolored said before they started walking. But they ignored them as Kai let Xiu Fen take the lead.

“Hey!” The man with beard called out grabbing Kai by the shoulder. He was about to give Kai a punch but Kai blocked it and punch the man with his right fist. Xiu Fen gasped when Kai hit the man’s face and dropped on his knees. The other two men rushed to Kai and punch him but Kai was fast and blocked it then kick the man on his stomach then kicked the other one on his face that he tumbles to his friend. Before the three men could get up Kai grabbed Xiu Fen’s hand and ran.

“Why did you do that?” She said catching her breathe

“Remind me again why we are running” Kai said in an accusing tone not looking at her.

 “I was fine if you didn’t show up” Xiu Fen replied harshly before they make a left turn and ran faster as the three men catching up with them.

Kai stop when they made it to another corner “What do you want me to do? Watch?” Kai pointed out catching his breathe.

 Xiu Fen was surprised hearing what Kai said “So you were following me” She said a bit happy.

“Shouldn’t you just thank me?” Kai defended himself. But before Xiu Fen can reply they heard the voices of the men and Kai hold her hand and they ran again but when they made a right turn they made a wrong turn.

“” Kai hissed

“We’re dead” Xiu Fen uttered

No were not Kai said to himself and they ran towards the bricked wall that was at the end of the alley.

“What are you doing?!” Xiu Fen exclaimed but Kai ignored her and just hold her hand tightly. He never tried teleporting with someone so this would be a trial and error. But he hopes that both of them will get out alive.

“Jongin are you crazy?!” She raised her voice and they vanished before they knocked themselves onto the wall.

“Where did they go?” The three men searched ever corner of the alley.

“They’re not here” One of them said. They hissed as one of them punched the wall and left.

            Kai was heating the chicken he bought an hour ago. It was almost quarter to six in the evening and Kai is a little hungry from the incident an hours ago. He sat on the couch as he think.

“She wouldn’t remember would she?” He asked himself as the image of Xiu Fen registered on his mind “She fainted” he uttered. Just tell her she fainted and the three men didn’t bother to hurt them anymore he told himself convincing that it would work. “It will” He answered his own doubt. Then he went to his room to check Xiu Fen when his door suddenly opens and Xiu Fen was standing in front of him.

“Uh…” He murmured “How are you feeling?” He said in a casual tone

“Okay I guess” She replied sounded a little confused.

Kai was about to offer her to eat dinner when she gave an eye at him and raised her eyebrow in curiosity.

“What did just happen?” She asked in a serious tone

Kai think for a while trying to comprehend by what she meant by “What did just happen” She didn’t hit her head on the wall did she? He asked to himself recalling the incident on the alley.

“We didn’t…” Xiu Fen murmured the Kai cut her off saying “No!” in a defensive tone.

Xiu Fen looked at him and raised her eyebrow “No?” she said “What do you mean?” she added sounded accusing.

“We didn’t…” Kai uttered and shoved the thought “You fainted a while ago when were chased by those three hustler men” He explained

“I did?” she said doubtfully and Kai nodded trying to look cool like that was all that happened. She didn’t believe him though she felt her head hurts but she remembered the moment they were running towards the wall then suddenly everything turned black. Kai leaded her to the dining table and took out the chicken from the oven, placed it in an oval shaped plate and gave her a bowl of rice and a soup.

“You should eat” Kai offered “You must be exhausted from all the running” he added. He was about to start feeding himself when she stared at him with wide eyes.

“We did not pass through the wall did we?” She said firmly looking straight to Kai who was a little shocked from her choice of words.

“Pass through?” Kai said sounded a little innocent. Xiu Fen nodded with curiosity and a questioning look on her face.

“Yes” She said firmly “I’m not yet crazy, I know what I saw” She added calmly.

Kai was held back didn’t thought she would say that despite the fact that she really did fainted when they appeared in his room. He looked at her seriously trying to figure out what he would say to cover up that part.

“You’re not the only one” Xiu Fen murmured softly and started eating.

“What did you say?” Kai asked and she raised her head looking at him.

“I said you’re not the only one” she answered him. Her voice sound so sincere, like she knew something.

“What do you mean?” Kai asked curiously. Does she know anything about my true identity? He said to himself wondering as he never takes his eyes away from her.

She raised an eyebrow as Kai looked at him seriously, hands crossed to one another and his back leaning to the chair.

“What?!” She raised her voice a little annoyed by how Kai stared at her. Shouldn’t he be telling me by now? She asked herself, What does he think of me? A little girl who can be control with just a little lie? She added and give a calmly look at Kai.

“What, what?” Kai said a little pissed “Explain what you meant about what you said a while ago” He commanded

“Shouldn’t you be the one making the explanation?” She answered back a little tense. She doesn’t know if she was even right or does she even have the right to barged in like he owed him something when she’s the one who was saved by Kai and she’s not making sense at all arguing to him about something she has no idea of. One thing she knows was Kai is not just like any ordinary guy she meant. She was like him she convinced herself as an image flash to her mind. She shooked her head as tears were forming in her eyes.

“Don’t bother explaining yourself if you don’t what to” She said softly and put aside her chopstick “Thanks for saving me back there” She managed a smile then she stood up “Thanks for dinner and I’m sorry for the trouble I caused you again” she said realizing that this is the second time Kai saved her. She smiled halfway when their eyes met lowered her head as she walk to the door.

Kai was a little shock of her action and followed her to the door grabbed her by the shoulder before she reached for the doorknob.

“Sorry if I was being rude” He said in a casual tone. He look away and took his hand that was holding her shoulder when Xiu Fen turned her back to face him.

“I was rude” She corrected him “I shouldn’t have argue with you when I don’t have the right to” she added and gave a faint smile.

“It’s not like that” Kai assured him feeling guilty that all the girl was trying to do was to know what really happened back there and how did they got to his place when she clearly remember that they were trapped by the tall bricked wall.

“It doesn’t matter” She said “I know you have your own reasons” she added sounded like she understand Kai’s part for trying to ignore her question a while ago. She smiled again and said goodbye before she headed out and turned left to the elevator.

            Kai didn’t bother following her as he filed every word Xiu Fen said. He felt like she knew him more than he knew himself. Like she got answers for him but didn’t bother to explain because he was trying to make lies in order to keep the truth about him, about his ability to teleport.

            That night Kai couldn’t sleep, he was thinking about what Xiu Fen meant when she said “You’re not the only one” she said it so calmly and it strucked him knowing that his mom never told him anything more than just a “A gift” and “You’ll know when the time comes” He turned to his side facing the wall “Is it time?” He said and let out a sigh. He lied on his back and wander his eyes into the ceiling of his room and seconds later he drifted into dreamland.