The Truth

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

As your guardian angel, I will block out that strong wind
Even if everyone turns their back against you
On hard days, I will wipe away your tears
If only I can be that kind of person
Wherever we go, it’ll be heaven


A month have past and Kai notice that Xiu Fen keeps avoiding her in school and no longer smile at him instead lowers her head every time they meet around the campus. He didn’t know why but ever since the incident at his place Xiu Fen gives him that cold figure and makes him feel awkward every time they see each other.

            It was lunch time and Kai routed to the school garden to get a little fresh air and a scent of nature. It’s been weeks since he visits this place due to school works and exam just ended. When he arrived to his surprise, he saw the person he has been longing to see. He smiled at the thought that he has been wishing to be alone with Xiu Fen and talk about the incident that happened at his house. He walked slowly to her who was sitting at a wooden bench near the pond. She looked to his direction a little surprise of his presence. He smiled when their eyes met; she just gave a look and continued with her lunch. Kai sat across her and placed his lunch on the wooden table.

“Why are you here?” She complained not looking at him.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” He replied calmly and opened his lunch box and started eating

She didn’t say anything and resumed eating. The whole time they were having their lunch was quiet except for their metal chopsticks, the sound of the water made by the fountain just a couple steps from them and the wind that blows the leaves that make the tree dance to its melody.

“Look” Kai broke the awkward silence

Xiu Fen glance at him then cleaned her mess and was about to stand when Kai grabbed her hand and she froze by the way his tan hand felt on her hand. She gave Kai a look and he pulled his hand away.

“I just want to talk to you” He said as he push aside his lunch box.

Xiu Fen closed her eyes and let out a sigh then sat again on the wooden chair and placed her lunch box on her side.

“You’ve been avoiding me” Kai begun when Xiu Fen looked his way.

“I wasn’t” She denied

“So why the sudden cold look every time you see me?” Kai teased softly

Xiu Fen chuckled “Me? Being cold to you?” she said questioning his judgment “Weren’t you the one who was being cold to me since day one at the airport” She said roughly

“You weren’t smiling anymore” He said “Not to me” He added softly

Xiu Fen looked at him, confused written on her face “You never smile at me” She said harshly

            Kai felt embarrassed. Why did he even say that? What’s the point? He asked himself. Maybe because he just missed her smile to the point that he longs seeing that bright and cheerful girl she was before. Kai smiled faintly not to her but to himself, feeling weird all a sudden of why he is even doing this. He just knew the girl and suddenly he is acting like this like they were good friends before and just had a little quarrel like friends does.

“I just saved your life” He said arrogantly though he didn’t mean it that way, he just thought of it as an excuse knowing that he has nothing better on mind.

“I already thank you for that” She replied a little grumpy “Besides” she paused thinking why does she have to bother herself when she already tried her best to avoid this kind of conversation knowing that her heart misses someone. Someone who is alike like him, a friend she had before. Maybe that is why she felt attracted to him the second time they met, not because they were physically similar. Unlike him, he was more talker with milky like skin while Jongin has that tan fair skin that suits him well. She turned her gaze to the other side of the garden trying to hide the sadness she feels inside.

“Look Xiu” He said in a casual tone and pause mid-way when he was shock of the words that came out of his mouth.

Xiu Fen was a little surprise by the sound of her name coming from his mouth. He never called her by her name. It was the first time and she felt her heart melted from the sound of his voice. She gave him a wondering eye then smiled halfway when Kai looked at her in a Did I just say that? Face. Kai felt lighten when she smiled though it wasn’t the usual smile she always does but for a long while, it was the first time.

“Look” He began again “I know we started out in a wrong foot and I’ve never been that nice to you since then” he paused when she cut him off

“Why the sudden confession?” She asked in a casual tone, a little amused by how he is being so nice to him, approaching her and talking to her like they were good friends. Not that she didn’t like it. Because she really does, she wanted to be close to him when she saw him in the garden for the first time, staring at her with those gorgeous eyes. But after that night, she felt the need to avoid him, pretend that she didn’t knew because the same thing happened to her once. But this guy made the move, feeling all too sorry and guilt filled her heart knowing that Jongin didn’t do wrong. But because of her she was back again onto that same day.

“I just wanted to know why you’re avoiding me” He answered back feeling confident with his words.

“I wasn’t” she said hesitantly eyes lowered to her hands that she keeps on closing and opening trying to calm herself.

“But you were” Kai corrected her

            She glanced at him and then looked the other way and smiled faintly

“It’s really that obvious?” She asked innocently

“Well…” Kai paused didn’t know if he should keep on with this conversation because he feels that it’s leading somewhere. Leading him somewhere to her heart. But he wanted to know, he needs to know.

“I was just curios” He managed to say “I mean you were the only person who here at school who smiles at me” He added then stopped his mouth from saying more by bitting his lower lip.

“So you like…Me…smiling at you?” She said trying to point out what his words mean

“K-kind of” He replied softly a little embarrassed that it sounds like he is confessing his heart to her. “I mean…well…” he can’t seem to grasped the words.

            A Xiu Fen smile at Jongin’s confused words. A little flattered by his choice of words.

She lean a little closer to the wooden table “I understand” She said to him in a casual tone.

Kai looked at her felt his cheeks burning. He looked away and leaned on the wooden chair.

“I understand that I’m the only one who smiles at you” She teasingly said and smiled at him. A smile that almost reached his ears. The smile Kai has been longing to see.

He smiled halfway as their eyes met.

“Can I ask you something?” She asked softly. Kai nodded “Sure” he assured her.

“I don’t want to sound like I’m interrogating you or something” she tried to explain and Kai just looked at her waiting for her question “I just want to know the truth” She added. Kai felt like he knew already what she wanted to ask. He tries to focus his mind thinking if he should tell her or not and remembered her say “You’re not the only one”. He also wanted to know, if she knows someone or is she like him? He didn’t say anything and Xiu Fen continued.

“Just like they say, Curiosity kills the cat” She almost chuckled with her words and Kai gave a smirk.

“Just say it” He commanded her

“That day” She uttered “What really happened?” She managed to say but Kai didn’t answer her looking a little confused she continued “Did we pass through the wall?” she asked curiously

“No” Kai said frankly. “We teleported to my room” He corrected her.

“Te-Teleport?” She repeated the words trying to sound calm about it.

Kai nodded “I don’t want you to believe or anything” he said “’Cause I know it sounds impossible” He added.

“It’s not” She said frankly “You’re not the only one” She assured him.

“You know someone?” He said in a serious tone

“I knew someone” She corrected him “But that was years ago” she said “I don’t know where he is now” she said softly.

“He” Kai uttered “He teleports too?” He asked

She shooked her head “Telekinesis” She replied “He also has that unique necklace” She pointed the silver triangle pendant that can be seen through his white polo “Though his is different” she added

Kai touched the pendant “My mom gave it to me” he uttered. But before he could ask more and give answers to his unanswered mind that has been left hanging since the day he found out about his power. The bell rung that means Lunch is over and it’s time for the afternoon class. They thanked one another and said their apologizes and Xiu Fen assured him that his secret is safe with her. Though Kai didn’t ask her too But She promised him. She assured him because she don’t want to make the same mistake anymore. She don’t want to lose Jongin. Kai smiled and thanked her though he assured her that she don’t need to carry the burden but she just flash him the brightest smile she can offer and left first.

Days have passed after that heart to heart talk that Kai and Xiu Fen had at the school garden that revealed many things to Kai.

 

“I’m not alone” He uttered to himself eyes on the flat screen TV in front of him.

 

            It was Saturday morning and watching TV is Kai’s typical routine on weekend. He doesn’t go out except when Xiu his now so called friend would ask him. They’ve been on good terms already after that talk they had back at the school garden and Xiu would spare one weekend to tour Kai around the city and talk about Lu Han who was Xiu’s former friend who has the same secret like Kai.

 

“Kai!” his mom called out from the dining room

 

“Yeah?” he replied a little grumpy

 

“Come over” she commanded him. Kai let out a sigh and turned off the TV and went to the dining room just a few steps to his right.

 

            He saw his mom sitting on the chair with an antique wooden box on the table. Her eyes focused on the box as she her hands on its unique carving. Kai’s face turned serious as he walked near and sat on the chair facing her. His hands wrapped together as he place it on the table.

 

“What’s this?” He asks referring to the box in front of them.

 

            She glance at him then to the box and back to him. Her face gave that I-think-its-time-you-know look. She hasn’t been sleeping well ever since Kai told her that Xiu knew someone who is like Kai possess different power.

 

“I know you’ve been waiting for too long” she begun “It’s just that I didn’t have the courage to tell you since I accepted you as my own” she said firmly then took a deep breath to regain her strength. “You were already born when I met you’re dad” she continued Kai was a little surprised that she talked about his dad for the first time after so many years of silence

 

“You were still very young back then, that’s why you can’t remember those parts” She continued talking when Kai didn’t say a word “It took time for him to tell me who he really was” she paused as she glance at the antique box that was in front of her “Until people from our village knew about his identity and a so called red force was searching for him” she said

 

“Red force?” Kai uttered out of curiosity

 

His mom nodded and said “He’s some kind of unknown creature in human form who travelled from a planet outside the solar system to reign over the earth” she explained

 

“A what?!” Kai exclaimed at the thought “A traveler from a planet somewhere outside the solar system?” He asked uncertain of his sentence

 

“He is some kind of an evil being from that planet were you came from” She explained again

 

“So you’re saying that my dad is an alien?” He said harshly

 

“Not that alien you mean like those on movies with big eyes and green skin” She corrected his judgment “His a human being” she begun to explain “I mean he looks just like you, like every human being should look like, it’s just that you have this special gift which makes you more different from us” She said in a casual tone

 

“So what am I?” he asked directly in a tense voice

 

“You’re Kai” She answered firmly “That is you’re real name”

 

He nodded “So Jongin is just a screen name?” he asked knowing the answer as his mom nodded in reply “So what really happened to him?” he asked with a tense voice as he prepare his mind for the truth. He never had an idea of who he was and what happened to him, because his mom has been ignoring the question ever since he could say the word father.

 

            She closed her eyes as she inhaled then exhaled slowly to compose her mind before she utter the word “His dead” she said softly. She saw Kai’s eyes widened as he tries to hold back the tears from falling.

 

“Wha-what?” He uttered softly “Why?” he added

 

“He was protecting you” she said then pause as tears starts to fall from her eyes. She wiped it and tried to put a smile on her face but she didn’t had the strength to. “When Red force knew about his presence here on earth, he formed an army to search for him, you’re father left you in my care to make you safe”

 

“From what?” He cut her off

 

“From Red force” She answered back “You’re a guardian from another planet. You were created to save our planet” She said in a serious voice

 

“Guardian?” Kai said unconvinced

 

“Yes. There are twelve of you that’s what you’re father told me” she convinced him “But I don’t know where they are or who they are” she went on “He said that time will come that the twelve of you will be reunited again and will defeat the Red Force and save planet earth as well as your planet” she said firmly then gave the box to Kai “He left this for you to have” she said softly

 

“What is this?” Kai asked in a casual voice

 

She shooked her head “I have no idea. I can’t open it” she said in a teasing manner

 

Kai grabbed the box and his fingers to the carvings on top of it. His eyes widened when the familiar carving was the same as his necklace that his mom gave him. He pulls out the silver chain on his neck and placed the pendant on the carving. Suddenly there was a click and something turned then another click and the box opened. Their eyes widened in surprised when a glowing light appeared from the box that formed like a tree. Kai looked at his mom wondering what it is but shooked her shoulder as answer that she had no idea what it is.

 

“Maybe the Lu Han guy that Xiu Fen knew, knows about this” His mom said calmly

 

“I should find this Lu Han” Kai uttered then closed the box and wore the necklace back to his neck.

 


I hope you like this part. Sorry if there are parts were it sound cheesy or something...It all just came out naturally..hehe