The Meeting

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

The me that fell in love with you no longer has a place to turn back

I already no longer have wings

My eternal life has been snatched away

But I still feel the sole reason for happiness

Because right now my eternity is you. Eternal love


 

            Sehun and Luhan wre strolling at the beach side while Suho, D.O., Eunji and Eunhee stayed at the cottage they have rented. It was Saturday afternoon and they were spending the weekend together like the old days.

“So how are you and Eunhee” Luhan ask in a concern voice.

“We barely see each other” Sehun answered in a firm tone “Except now” he added.

“You know-“ Luhan didn’t finish his sentence as Sehun spoke cutting him off

“I know I’m hurting her” He said sadness can be seen in his eyes. “But it’s the only way I know so that she can be safe” He added

Sehun stop walking and look over the horizon “I can’t let her stay here long enough knowing that sooner or later we will have to face Red force” He continue “And who knows what will happen?” He said but didn’t expect anything in reply “I can’t risk her life” Sehun force to stay calm despite his eyes become teary.

            Luhan place a hand on his shoulder hoping it will comfort him.

“It’s better this way” Sehun uttered “If she’ll feels that I hate her she will just have to forget about me” he added and then went on “ D.O. already agreed that he will ask her sister to accompany noona to go abroad” Sehun revealed their plans

            Luhan look at him but didn’t say anything

“D.O. also feels the same way as I do” he said “He also hope that their parents will agree with him in case we find out where this Red force is hiding” Sehun explained on behalf of D.O.

            Luhan nodded understanding their situation. D.O. didn’t feel guilty enough to leave the family that has cared for him though despite his presence his brother has to die on his behalf but the family didn’t blame him for what happened instead protected him like their own. While for Sehun’s case Eunhee has no one except for him and it’s more like a burden for him to leave her with all the secrets in hand. That is why Sehun has to hide the truth of their presence here on heart so that Eunhee don’t have to suffer much when the time comes that they have to face Red Force and the uncertainty of its outcome.

            Luhan gave a faint smile when Sehun look at him. He didn’t know what to say or how to comfort him knowing that he has no family in the first place. Unlike him who has to protect his sister.

“Lucky you” Sehun said softly as he gaze his eyes to the beach “You got nothing to worry” he grinned

“I have to worry about all of you” He said frankly “about our safety” he said as he wanders his eyes to the people walking by the beach side.

            Sehun smile at his thoughtfulness but sees the sadness in his eyes.

“I know you like Noona” Sehun broke the silence and glance from Luhan and back to the shore to where Luhan’s eyes were fix. “I-“ Luhan cut him off

“I like her” Luhan finish the sentence in a casual tone “But I know that I can’t” Luhan’s voice was confuse, unsure of his words.

            Sehun stare at him seeing his eyes in pain. He could barely think of anything to say.

“I actually want to tell her” He confess “But I know it’s not a god idea” Luhan added flinching his hands into a fist “It will ruin your plan” He added and smile faintly

            Sehun return the faint smile before looking back to the horizon as the sun sets making the scenery more beautiful as the blue sky smudges with red orange. They barely make a sound as their eyes watch the sun lowers down from the horizon as the clouds turn to grey like their hearts became numb and paralyze as their words from the previous conversation echoes into their mind. They’re not like these people who has to worry only about work, money and how to deal with every day circumstances.

*It’s not gonna work* Sehun told himself. He saw Luhan grinned like he heard his mind speak.

Luhan glance at him and Sehun gave him an apologetic nod saying *It’s not your fault, we are all innocent to this* Luhan nod to assure Sehun that he understands what he meant and turn to look up the sky as his heart skip a bit telling himself *You’re just a jerk*. But what choice does he have? He can’t just follow his heart knowing the pain it will caus. The danger he has with him.

            Sehun tap his shoulder and motion him to go back to the cottage before the others worry where the hell they’ve been.

            It was around six in the evening when Sehun and the others agreed to go to the nearest restaurant to have dinner. It took them half an hour to finally decide where to eat. They were on their way to a modern cuisine restaurant when Sehun notice Luhan stop and stare to the other side of the street.

“Hey Hyung!” Sehun called out to him as the others went in to check if there are still tables for them. “Yah Luhan!” Sehun yell again but Luhan didn’t hear him as if he was deaf or something. He place his hand on his hair and ruffle it in irritation as he walk near to Luhan,

            Sehun place his hand on Luhan’s shoulder only then did he felt his presence.

“Who were you looking?” Sehun uttered scanning the street.

            Luhan look at him and shook his head as an answer. But Sehun didn’t believe him.

“Do you know the girl?” Sehun ask sheepishly as his eyes adjust to the image of a girl across the street.

            Sehun raise his eyebrow when Luhan didn’t say anything but just look at him with a blank expression. He cleared his throat as he realize that Sehun was waiting for an answer.

“Uhm..I-I…” He stuttered

“You’re ex?” Sehun said filling in the words for him.

Luhan shook his head “No” He said firmly “Just someone I knew” He added his voice fade as his eyes turn sad.

“Knew?”Sehun repeated the word as he didn’t quite get what he meant by that.

“Luhan nodded “ We knew each other before” He explained “But things happen and we kind of separate ways” He let out a soft sigh and glance back to the street.

            His eyes widen as the girl look their way and saw him. Her shock eyes caught Luhan by surprise but didn’t look away as he read say his name.

“Xiu fen” he whispered when the girl uttered his name. Loud enough to hear Luhan’s voice.

            He stare to the girl and saw her surprise expression plaster on her face as her eyes focus on Luhan. He caught someone beside her. A guy around his age came into view and made eye contact to him. There were silence at the moment like time stop as they examine each other.

            Sehun tried to read his mind feeling that there is something about the guy. He saw the guy smirk as if he knows what he was doing.

“The guy seem familiar” Sehun murmured to Luhan and with that he glance to Sehun and back to Xiu Fen and notice the guy beside her.

            The tan guy now stood in front of Xiu fen like shielding her from them. They saw Xiu fen whispered something to the guy and Sehun’s eyes widen as the wind carried the message to his ears.

“They know about your power” Sehun said. Luhan wasn’t surprise. Xiu fen has been the first one to know about his secret. The reason why she left him. Feared him.

What surprise Luhan was “They?” he ask hesitantly and Sehun just nodded don’t know how to explain it.

“I think we should leave” Said commanded and Luahn motion him to walk first taking one last glance to Xiu fen before they head to the restaurant.

“Luhan!” Xiu fen called out from the street.

            Luhan stop and so did Sehun. They both turn their back and saw Xiu fen crossing the street and walk towards them.

            She greet him with a smile and Luhan was a little surprise to see that. It’s been three years since he last saw her smile at him. He felt warm inside but didn’t show it.

“I know it’s kind of awkward” She begun to talk in Chinese “But I need to tell you something” She added glancing from Luhan and to Sehun.

            open in an O shape but didn’t make a sound as her eyes met Sehun who was standing behind Luhan. Surprise that she didn’t notice the tall white guy before. She bowed her head in greetings and Sehun did the same a little confuse of his action.

“I can’t” Luhan said as Xiu fen fix her eyes to him.

“It’s very important” She said harshly

Luhan felt her earnestness just by looking at her eyes. He could tell that it’s not about what happened before or missing him. More like a serious matter.

“I’m with a friend who has the same secret as yours” she said directly.

            Luhan’s curiosity fade into a serious expression and look to the guy across the street. He saw Sehun from the corner of his eye did the same as if getting what Xiu fen said.

            Luhan look back to Xiu fen and she nodded at him telling him that she is not making this up. Then he turn to look at Sehun who gave him a nod as if he understand the whole conversation.

“I’ll go get the others” Sehun said as if reading Luhan’s mind.

            Luhan gave him a nod and Sehun entered the restaurant leaving the two behind. Just when Sehun left, the guy from the street appeared beside Xiu Fen.

“I’m Kai” he introduce himself and offered a hand

Luhan take his hand and they hand shake “I’m Luhan” he said.

            Minutes after they change plans from eating in the restaurant to back at the cottage and just take out their orders. D.O. took his sister and Eunhee outside to buy drinks while the others stayed at the cottage and started the conversation.

“Don’t they know” Kai ask referring to the two girls

“We try our best to limit the details to them” Sehun answered directly.

            Kai and Xiu fen nodded and didn’t further ask. Suho then sat across Kai and Luhan sat next to Xiu fen while Sehun remained standing behind Suho.

“So you have encountered with the Red force?” Suho begun

“Not exactly” Kai replied. His serious tone trailed off as Suho’s words bring back painfully memories.

            The others saw his serious face turn sad and his eyes became cold. Luhan saw Xiu fen grasp Kai’s hand and squeeze it gently to comfort him. Kai glance to Xiu fen and smile faintly.

“I was too late when I came back” Kai said as he look back to Suho who was carefully observing him.

            Kai retold what happened three months ago to his mom and how he knew about his identity, his power and the tree of life that was the reason why they were found by the Red force and how he met Tao and Chen who are one of them and how they’ve help him after his mother’s death. Everyone sympathize with him for losing his mother.

            They also told Kai about the evidence they’ve gathered that Red force is just somewhere here in Korea lurking and waiting for the right time to attack them. They’ve ask Kai to join them together with Kris and Lay who are Luhan’s friend to find the other three brothers of them. But before they could settle their plans, D.O. came in with two plastic bags, one on each hand and the two girls following him from behind.

            Two days after they’ve fix their plan on searching for the others Lay and Kris arrived the next day from Beijing to settle in Korea and be reunited with their other brothers. Luhan offered his place for them to stay while Kai and Xiu fen stayed with Sehun and Eunhee. Sehun oriented them about the previous things that happened between him and her sister giving Kai and Xiu Fen a look that they should keep every single detail about their mission and Red Force a secret from Eunhee. Especially his little act to send his noona away.

“So when are Tao and Chen coming?” Sehun ask Kai as the two were at the balcony getting fresh air.

“They’re not sure yet” Kai replied in a casual tone “They still have some unfinished business there” he explained

            Sehun nodded as if knowing what that unfinished business is about. But he didn’t bother to ask thinking that they must be having the same problem as his.

“I just hope they’ll be here in time we find out where Red Force is hiding” Kai said out of the blue

Sehun smirk “Are you scared?” he teases

“No” Kai directly answer “They’ve been preparing their selves for almost a year and I don’t want their efforts to be of no use” He said grinning “It won’t be fair for them” he joke

Sehun chuckled at the thought “You seem to be more worried that they don’t get to fight rather than be beat up by Red force” Sehun teases

“Well…It won’t be fun getting to be beat up while they are in good shape” Kai replied in a teasing manner.

            They both laugh at their own humor letting aside the nervous feeling they have inside. Hoping that these words would give them some strength to be prepared and face Red force. Though they’ve been acting like carefree humans, they’ve also been training their selves to be physically and mentally fit to fight the Red force and take him down.

            It was Saturday morning and the day they’ve set to look for their three missing brothers. Sehun and Kai drop Eunhee and Xiu Fen at D.O.’s house.

“Call me if something happens” Kai said to Xiu Fen. She nodded in reply

“Stay safe girls” D.O. said to the three ladies and gave his noona a bright smile and she return him with the brightest smile she could give despite the worriedness she feels.

            Sehun didn’t utter a word pulling off his act. Though he knows that his noona knows already what he wanted to say.

“We have to go now” Sehun said to his to friends. They nodded and wave good bye to the three girls and headed to Sehun’s car. 


Though I did blog yesterday that I'll in hiatus for a week...well..thank God there is already connection so I was able to update^^