New Home-KAI

ANGEL, INTO YOUR WORLD

This moment feels like I was born as a child who knew nothing
I closed my eyes again in case it would be a dream
You were standing in front of my desperate self and praying
Just once, I want to walk side by side with you
 


                    Packing wasn’t Kai’s thing. He never liked moving especially going to a foreign country which he has no idea of any assurance that he would be accepted because even in Korea none of the people he grew up with except his mother ever knew about his secret. He knew that if people knew about it they would thought of him as somewhat a psycho. The world he grew up with didn’t seem to really believe on something that can’t be explained by science. Unlike movies or dramas all of that thing about supernatural beings are just a myth or a fantasy that normally can never be part of the reality that our world is accustomed to. A curse he thought when he first knew about it. But her mom corrected him saying that it’s a gift that normal people cannot actually possess. As he grew day by day he felt like asking his mom about what she meant about “normal people” but she would always answer him “you’ll know when time comes” But it’s been five years since then and none of it make sense to him. So much for the time he told himself.

 “Be sure to packed the important things” Her mom reminded him as she carried boxes of stuffs to the basement. What are the important things? He asked himself. It wasn’t as if he didn’t know since it wasn’t like it’s the first time there moving but the difference is that it’s not a place that is around South Korea nothing like the place he grown to know, to love. He sighed at the thought of leaving the place he knew for three years and the custom he learned to understand. Though he didn’t have much friends at school just Taemin and Krystal was enough to make him feel like a normal kid. An ordinary one but with extra ordinary gift at hand. He smiled remembering what Taemin told him last week when he announced to his friends that he’s leaving the country “Goodluck Bro” He chuckled the thoughtfulness in his words though it didn’t much the way his face hovered into sadness. Krystal didn’t say a word looking from her teary eyes he knew what she felt but didn’t uttered the words. She didn’t have the strength to.

He pushed away the image of his friends when he heard a phone ring. He looked around the room and then search his bed and he saw his cellphone ringing “Taemin” He said reading the name that appeared on the screen.

 “Hey” He said “Hey Kai!” Taemin said on the other line “What’s up?” He added.

Kai looked around his room scanning “I’m packing” He answered glaring on his opened door as his mom pass by with her luggage.

“Oh…So…You’re leaving tomorrow?” Taemin asked sounded like confused in a way.

“Yeah” Kai replied in a low voice “Around 6 in the morning” He added

“Wow! So early” Taemin chuckled

 “Well…mom thought it would be nice to be there early so that we’ll have time to unpack and clean the house” He explained then looked outside his sliding window when he heard laughters. Children from his neighborhood were enjoying the raindrops outside. 

“Hey Taey” Kai called out when silence took over

“Yeah?” Taemin said softly from the other line

 “Don’t bother waking up early tomorrow” He said firmly but Taemin didn’t say anything but he knew the silence was not a good reply “I know you’re not the type on waking up early and it will be a burden for krystal” He continued when Taemin didn’t utter a word “You know that she’s a hell of crying lady when it comes to this” He smiled halfway remembered the time when Taemin was leaving for Japan cause his mother was sick but cried like Taemin was dying. He grinned when he heard Taemin chuckled from the other line.

“I can’t promise you” Taemin said after a sigh “You Know Krystal would bug me if we don’t go to the airport and say goodbye personally”

“Well…” Before Kai could proceed Taemin cut him off “Don’t tell me you’ll cry” He teased “What?!” Kai exclaimed “Why would I? He added

“Don’t be naïve” Taemin said “I know you’re not that emotional kind of person but when it comes to this I know saying goodbye to us feel like a burden to you” Taemin assured him

“It’s not like we won’t see each other” He said in assurance. He knows that anytime he could just teleport without bothering getting on the plane or the time difference. He smiled at that thought of doing it even though he hadn’t tried that before. He would mostly just teleport from home to school or to the park or when emergency calls.

“True enough” Taemin agreed “But still we’ll be there tomorrow” He promised him “Krystal called me yesterday telling me that she’ll knock my door if she’ll find me still sleeping when she gets here” Kai chuckled.

They know Krystal can be exaggerating at times but more or less harmless in her fragile thin figure. She’s like their little sister though Kai is younger than them by a year. But he acts more mature while Taemin is the relax one and has that cheerful smile that never wears off and Krystal likes that because she always wanted a brother by her side that would make her feel like a princess and somehow important because she never felt like valuable ever since her parents divorced six years ago. Though Kai isn’t a show off he always has that side of him that is protective and when it comes to his mother he never let a tiny scratch hurt her and to his friends he stays close when he feels something not good to happen. He motioned his arms to look at his wrist watch it was already six in the evening. Kai sat on the side of his bed facing his door when he felt the awkwardness as silence was all he heard on the other line “I still need to pack some things” He said to cut off the awkward feeling

“Oh Ok” Taemin said “We’ll see you tomorrow” He added then said goodbye before hunging up. Kai placed his phone on his side table and resume what he was doing before Taemin called. After he was finished packing his things he cleared the stuffs on his bedside table He wrapped the cream glass lamp shade with plastic and placed it inside a box and put it aside. He then cleared his bookshelves placing each books one by one on a big brown box then put it aside next to the lamp shade. After minutes of cleaning his desk his mom called out telling him it’s time for dinner. He stopped cleaning then head downstairs to the kitchen room. They ate quietly and after a minute his mom washes the dishes while he wipes the dining table. Kai then tie the garbage bags and put it outside for the garbage truck to collect tomorrow morning. Tomorrow when they’re no longer there. He let out a deep sigh as the wind blew cold on his tan skin. He looked around the empty street as the night draws in. He then went back inside the house, headed to his room then lie on his bed until sleep finds him.

 

                “Calling all passengers for Flight 223 the plane will be boarding soon” The lady announced through the speaker. He fixed his white shirt and took off his black bull cap and placed it inside the pocket of his bagpack

“Kai Oppa!” Someone called out from his back, when he turned he saw Krystal running towards him. Taemin was catching up at her back. He smiled at the look of Taemin who wasn’t of an athlete. They stopped when they’ve reached him, Taemin panting as he catches up with his breath.

“Oh” Mrs. Kim said in surprise seeing Krystal and Taemin. The two were the only people who’ve been so nice to Kai when they moved in from the neighborhood three years ago. Krystal and Taemin smiled and Mrs. Kim nodded in return.

“It’s good to see you two here” Mrs. Kim said with a cheerful smile “We just can’t let Kai leave without saying goodbye personally” Krystal muttered and smiled half way before her tears fall to her eyes. Taemin pat Krystal’s shoulder to calm her and looked to Kai

“Kai has been a great friend and we wouldn’t want him to feel that we didn’t care for him” Taemin said in a teasing way and smiled. Mrs. Kim and the others smiled too and hugged each other before the Lady announcer called out for the last check of passengers for Flight 167 bound for Beijing, China which was Kai and Mrs. Kim’s Destination. Krystal cries while waving goodbye to Kai who was entering the departure entrance of the Incheon International Airport. Taemin smiled as Kai's y back faded as he walked further inside the airport. Kai never felt so sad as he turned his back away from his friends, He never felt this before maybe because Taemin and Krystal were the only friends he knew then. Leaving them like this so sudden was not the kind of thought he planned to see. As streams of tears falls through Krystal's eyes Kai can't help but felt sorry for her. He knew better that for Krystal, He and Taemin were the only two people Krystal call as Family. She had a rough year when they met and he never understand her back then but as she saw a spark on her eyes that day when he told her that he could be his older brother even though the truth is Krystal is a year older to him but it made her smile and felt at ease having him and Taemin with her. Now that he have left not even telling them the truth of why they have to leave Korea for China, he seemed as though he betrayed them, lieing to them about his ability to teleport was already one and now he has to make some stories telling them that his mom got a new job in China and they need to live there was already other one of his silly lies just to keep the secret of their family. Their Identity. His True Identity. It was about an hour and half when the plane landed on the ground and as the engine slow down the flight stewardess welcomes each passenger to Beijing. Kai opened his eyes as people start to unfastened their seat belt and getting their bags from the cabin. He was mostly asleep during the whole flight with his earpiece on both sides. He rubbed his eyes as he opened his mouth to yawned and stretch his hands us. He unfastened his seat belt when he saw his mom grabbing their hand carry bags from the cabin on top of them. Kai rolled the wires of his earpiece and tucked them into his right pocket and stand making a step to the side of the chairs and helped his mom with the bags. They pass through the two rowed chairs and greeted by the flight stewardess in red and grey uniform with a red plaited line scarf on their necks. He smiled to one of them as his eyes meet and the lady flight stewardess smiled back and bowed as he exit through the door and into a narrow alley connecting them into the building. He lowered his head and walked side by side to his mom as he heard people speaking in chinese that he didn't have any idea what each means. They went into a counter that says immigration and his mom handed documents of them to the lady in charge. She smiled as the lady greeted them in english and smiled brightly that he could almost see all his upper teeth.  Her mom smiled back to the Anna Yu which was written on her nameplate that was pinned on her blue silk blouse. Their passports were scanned as well as their faces. The lady named Anna asked few questions to her mom such as why are they in Beijing, her job, how old is Kai and other details to support their documents whether it matches any of the papers they've shown. It took about five minutes before the in charge stamped their passport and said "Welcome to Beijing Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim" she smiled when Kai bowed his head to her and motioned them to proceed to the scanner machine in front of them and they walked towards the exit of the building. It was a cloudy day and many people passing in and out of the airport others are rushing as they catch up to their flight. He almost lost his balance when a girl was running pass through him but him grabbed hold of the rails on his left and catch the girl to his stomach before she knocked her head on the floor. But because the floor was a bit slippery plus his bagpack was a little heavy he slide and like a reflex his wrapped his arms around the girl as he hit his back on the floor and the girl bumped her head on his chest. He moaned in pain from the impact of his back his mom rushed to him when she saw Kai on the floor and the girl on his top with his arms around her. He loosens his grip on her as the girl moved to his side and kneels down

"Oh my, are you alright?" she said in a caressing  voice He placed his hands on both sides as he push himself to sit and closed his eyes as he felt an ache on his back

 "I'm really sorry I'm in a rush and-" the girl was cut off by the sound of the plane taking off "Oh!" she exclaimed as she stood up and walked a little to the open to see the plane speed up to the sky

"Kai what happened?" his mom went to his side helping him to stand on his feet

"I fell" he said softly as the ache radiates to his lower back as he straighten up placing a hand on his mother's shoulder for support

"Are you hurt?" Kai's mom asked looking all too worried

"A little" he replied as he his back with his right hand his mother hold him at the back but he motioned him that his okay but never removed his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you sure you’re okay?" she asked and he nodded as a reply the girl then came back to his side and was looking to him a bit worried

 "I'm really sorry" she said in english "I didn't saw you cause I was rushing" She explained her side then walked a little closer to him and examined Kai who was still placing his other hand on his back and the other one on his mom's shoulder

"Are you badly hurt?" she asked softly "I can take you to the nearest hospital here" she added in assurance

"No need" Kai replied firmly despite the pain he tried to balance himself and grabbed his luggage and walked in small steps

"Dear, Let's get you check" His mom said in protest to his action. The girl nodded in agreement to what his mom said and let out a smile but before he could argue he felt the pain again when he tried to move his back a little He moaned as he closed his eyes and the girl hold him by his side

"I have a car, I'll take you to the hospital" she said firmly and without saying anything she took his luggage and tried to support him by gesturing him to placed his hand over her shoulder for support He looked at her but before he even said a word his mom grabbed him by the hand placed it over her shoulder

"Let's go" she said motioned the girl to lead the way. They walked a few steps to the left side of the building a red chevy cruze was parking infront and a man in suit walked towards the girl and took her the luggage then placed it on the trunck of the car. She then opened the back seat for them and closed it as Kai's mom seated comfortable and she headed to the front seat as the man in suit opened it up for her and closed it as soon as she fastened her seatbelt then the man went for the driver seat and started the engine

"Did you get to talk to your brother?" the man started talking in chinese

"No, I was caught in an accident" she replied in chinese and the man just nodded "We'll head to Zhenchen Hospital" she said after a paused and the man nodded again a step on the gas and the speed accelerated.

They got to the hospital 10 minutes after and she assisted them to the emergency room a man in blue gown whom he believed was a doctor greeted her in chinese  and she smiled in returned

"What can I do Ms. Chen? the doctor asked politely 

"I have a friend who fall on his back and his in a little pain" she said to him focusing his eyes on Kai who was placing a hand on the Driver of the girl and his mom on the other side supporting his back his her hand when he refused to take the wheelchair the guard offered outside.

"Please sit here" a lady in white pencil uniform offered him a wheelchair next to a counter whom he believed was the nurse's station. He sat slowly trying to hold the pain inside him. He made a little moaned as he sat uncomfortable to the wheelchair.

The nurse asked what happened and the girl volunteered to give the details then after that he was assess and was asked about his name age and address. Kai was then brought to the X-ray room and after a minute the Doctor who was called by the as Dr. Tan examined the Black film over the white lighted board and explained that there was no damage or fracture. They all sighed in relief and the doctor offered to put ice compress on his back every  three hours so that the bruises won't get bigger and darker and he prescribed Arcoxia for the pain to be taken once a day for five days. He was then discharged and the Mrs. Kim thanked the doctor and the nurse then they went out the hospital.

She thanked the girl and asked her, her name "I'm Chen Xiu Fen" she replied in english offering her hand Mrs. Kim took it and shake their hands

"I'm Kim Hye Soo and this is my son Kim Jong In" He looked at his mom after hearing his real name. He was always called Kai ever since he knew about his power and he felt like Jong In was sort of the ordinary guy he was back then before his secret was revealed to him by his mother whom he knew wasn't really his real mother but was his guardian. His protector from some sort of dark forces he never really get to understand the whole story. The girl who introduced herself as Chen Xiu Fen smiled to her and then to him

"It's nice to meet you and I'm really sorry for the trouble I caused back at the airport" she apologized Kai took his bull cap on the pocket of his bagpack and wear it

"It was nothing" Mrs. Kim assured her

 "Let me take you home in return for the trouble I've caused you" she offered politely

Mrs. Kim shook her head "No need dear, we'll take a taxi from here"

 "I insist Mrs. Kim, I will only be assured if I see you both home safely" she replied Kai felt his knees weaken when he realised that they were standing there for almost half a minute

"Let's just take the offer mom" He said in a firm voice and pat his mom's shoulder then opened the backseat door and gestured his hand telling his mom to get in.

"This is really too much, but since you insist I'll just thank you for your kindness" she told Xiu Fen who smiled cheerfully then headed to the car and the driver start the engine and speed up to the main street heading to Chaoyang and into the Jiuxianqiao North Road. They reached the JiuXian Conduminium about half an hour when Kai looked to his wristwatch it was quarter to nine in the morning. The Car stop infront of a tower like building painted in white. His mom went out first and the clerk assisted her with their luggage when the trunk of the car pop opened. Kai opened his door and slowly placed his feet on the ground then slowly support his back with his hand to stand up. He walked past the clerk man and the guard as they greeted him and he just nodded in returned. Mrs. Kim thanked Xiu Fen before they left the perimeters of the Condominium. Kai took off his cap and placed back on the pocket of his bagpack.

Together they entered into the sliding glass door and approached the front desk woman who greeted them "Ni Hao" she smiled  

"Hello" Mrs. Kim replied to her "We're the new tenants on the tenth floor" she told the woman in the front desk.

 Kai's eyes widened when he heard the tenth floor "that's way too far" he muttered to himself in korean. The woman incharge just looked at him and smiled but didn't understand what he said. Kai's mom handed her their I.D.

 "Good Day Mrs. Kim" The woman said in english "We have prepared your place, two bedrooms,  one bathroom a kitchen counter with a dinning set, a living room and a laundry room" She let out teh details. Mrs. Kim just nodded in agreement "You can access the pool on the fifteenth floor and we have our library down here" the woman pointed to the alley on her right which has a printed board on top that says "LIBRARY" in big letters. She smiled to her and gave the two piece of silver keys to Mrs. Kim before saying "Welcome to your new home" Kai didn't bother to smile to her knowing that the feeling of the atmosphere didn't feel home.

 He never been into a condominium and never in his whole did he thought of living in one. But look where fate took him. They entered the wide silver elevator together with the clerk. He pressed the number 10 and minutes later the elevator door opened and a wide corridor was in their view. The floor was tiled and the walls were painted in creamlike color. They step out of the elevator and turned to the right and walked few steps until they reached their door.  The number 1012 was screwed on the white door. Mrs. Kim opened it with the key and the clerk named Bao Zi placed their luggage inside and told them to buzz in the red button on the side wall of the main door and near the telephone table if they needed anything such as cleaners or maintenance for example. Mrs. Kim nodded and the Clerk went out closing the main door. Kai grabbed his luggage on the living room and headed to the room just across the living room. He entered the room and before he closed it Mrs. Kim called out telling him to take some rest for a while and unpack his things later. 


NOTE: Just in case you are confuse but the Krystal girl on the story is not the "Krystal" on the picture/poster but she portrays as "Xiu Fen" in the Story. :)