Chapter 2

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What if they really fetch you, Soojung?” Sehun asked Soojung as they pulled out some books from the locker, standing side by side as their lockers placed next to each other.

Soojung told him everything on their way home from the brother’s house last night. She told him every single conversation that she had with the brothers. She didn’t even hide the fact that those two were so annoying. And even though Jongin and Minho promised to fetch her this morning, Sehun still went together with her.

“But I told them not to come,” Soojung shrugged her shoulders. “So it’s not my fault.”

“You’re so honest,” Sehun laughed and closed his locker.

“So you’re going to let them come to my home every morning?” Soojung who was trying to put her jacket paused her hand for a second.

“Of course I wont,” he tapped a book to her head before handed it to her. “Don’t be so serious. Thank you for the notes, anyway.”

“You shouldn’t skip your class too often,” she took it and slammed her locker.

“Couldn’t help it, since I’m school president,” Sehun reminded her. “But it should be fine after this month. We’re senior, time to retire.”

Soojung chuckled as she led them to the first class, which would start in ten minutes. Some students greeted Sehun on their way. Some greeted Soojung too, without even half enthusiasm they had for Sehun. Soojung knew they did that because she was with him. They barely glanced at her when Sehun wasn’t looking. She sighed and took a seat at the very back as some student stopped Sehun for unnecessary talk. There were two formulas they often used to divert him for Soojung. First, was asking about committee-related thing. Second, asking about some subject they didn’t understand. But like Soojung, he knew that people were just pretending to care. They cared because he was a school president. So after minutes of wasting time, he was already sitting next to Soojung.

“Already sighing this early?” Sehun .

“You know this isn’t the best place for me.”

“Not for me either.”

School wasn’t something she enjoyed the most in the world. She never agreed with the phrase of high school being the most memorable in life. It was memorable, in a worst way possible. To her, high school was just another three years she had to pass. It was such a relieve that she was already in her third year. Graduation was just months away. If it weren’t for Sehun, she probably wouldn’t make this far. She often thought about homeschooling.

“Jung Soojung,” Jongin shouted through the window as his eyes spotted Soojung’s. He just arrived to the school and was heading to his first class when he passed her classroom. He and Minho went to her house this morning and her sisters told him that she already left. Seeing who was seating beside her right now, he could guess whom she went together with.

“I told you,” Sehun patted Krystal’s head as he saw the brothers came inside the class. A lot of students greeted them, but they lost interest when the brothers arrived at Soojung’s desk.

“Hi there, president,” Jongin greeted Sehun before fixed his eyes to Soojung. “I told you we’d go to the school together,” Jongin raised his tone, clearly annoyed. “Are you playing some jokes with me? We almost late because we thought your sisters were lying.”

“You went to her house?” Bae Suzy frowned. Now the students were kind of looking at them. They never thought Soojung had someone beside Sehun who was close enough to go to school together. The brothers and Soojung never gave any sign of knowing each other until today, if their first meeting last year excluded.

“I told you not to come,” she ignored Bae Suzy’s curiousity. “If you’re too stupid to understand what it meant, then I’m not the one at fault.”

She could hear some students murmured and chuckled around her as she took out her history textbook. This was why people didn’t really get along with her. Her preference of words could’ve been better. She could be nice if she wanted to, but most of the time she said things with a straight face and cold tone. To other people, it came across as heartless and rude.

But Jongin and Minho wouldn’t lose to her. Minho put his hand on Jongin’s shoulder and patted it gently. “I’ve told you, you’re stupid, Jongin.”

Jongin showed his punch to Minho, before talking to Soojung again. “Give me your phone number then, so it’s easier for both of us.”

“Both of us?” Soojung frowned as she tapped her pencil on the table impatiently, trying to concentrate with her book. “I don’t even want to talk to you right now, why the hell will I want to talk to you later?”

“I’m going to ask Mom then,” Jongin shrugged.

“Tch,” Soojung rolled her eyes. “When things don’t go your way, use your parents power and voila, everything will be fine. How useless of you.”

“Yah,” Jongin chuckled. “It’s a part of effort, you know.”

“Soojung,” Minho took the pencil from her hand. “Can you at least look at us when we’re talking?”

“You want to give it back by yourself or you want me to make you do, Choi Minho?” she finally looked at him with an unspoken hatred.

“Can you ask with ‘please’?” Minho sighed, holding her pencil teasingly.

“Can you lend me some pencil, please,” Soojung turned his head to Sehun, smiling sincerely. “Sehun?”

She smirked as she looked at Minho who apparently pissed. Sehun gave her his pencil before looked at Minho nicely. “She doesn’t have a number she can share to you.”

“You don’t have a phone?” Jongin frowned. “Seriously?”

“She doesn’t want to give her number to you, Jongin,” Minho caught what Sehun meant.

“At least one of you is not that dumb,” Soojung raised her brows.

Sehun patted her head twice to stop her. “I don’t want to in, but as you see, Soojung is not in the mood. Now if you’ll excuse yourself, guys, the first period is about to start.”

Right after Sehun said that, the bell for the first period rang. The students quickly moved back to their seats, Minho and Jongin should went too if they don’t want to be late.

“See you later, Soojung.” Minho pulled his bag and made his way out from the class.

“Can’t wait to see you again, Soojung,” Jongin .

“I’m not playing in your game.”

“Really? We shall mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter