Chapter 7

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa!” she hugged that tall man and soon after, another lady joined them into a group hug. “Unni!”

“Wait,” the tall man pulled himself first. He looked at Minho sharply. “Who is this little boy over here? How did you dare to touch my little sis?”

Little sis?

“This is Minho,” Soojung introduced him to the other two. “Minho, this is Kris oppa and Jessica unni. My siblings who had been living in US.”

“Ah,” Minho suddenly became restless and bowed politely. “Nice to meet you, I’m Minho. Choi Minho.”

“Who is this?” Kris then glared at Soojung, still didn’t please to see her with another boy.

“My boyfriend,” Soojung said proudly, linking her arms with Minho. Minho smiled sheepishly, being glared by Kris.

“What?” Kris suddenly raged. “You are only a high scholar! You have to get my permission before you started to date this little brat over here! I ha— “

“Kris,” Jessica grabbed his neck to stop him. “Calm down, it’s not like she’s going to get married or something. Let’s go and find something to eat!”

Minho sighed in relieved as Jessica dragged Kris away from him. That older brother was really intimidating. Fortunately for him, Jessica seemed really kind. He glared at Soojung. “You!”

Soojung laughed, happy to . “Don’t worry, Kris oppa is really kind. He just loves me too much.”

“Hey, little boy!” Kris waved to them in front of a restaurant. “Come here, quickly!”

Minho took a deep breath as Soojung dragged him to the restaurant, giving up. Kris and Jessica were already inside when Soojung pushed the door. It was a French restaurant that Minho used to visit with his family.

To Soojung’s surprise, Minho shoved Soojung’s hand away hastily. She was about to ask what happened but judging from the look in Minho’s face, she knew it wasn’t good. She quietly followed Minho’s sight and saw Suzy, Hara, Sulli and Seungyeon sitting around one of the tables inside. She closed back the door.

She smiled bitterly. “Just leave then.”

“Soojung,” Minho held her back, preventing her from going inside. Today was the day before her birthday and it wasn’t supposed to be ended like this. He originally had a plan for her birthday and didn’t want to turn it to waste. He felt really bad but didn’t know what to do.

“You don’t want them to see us, right? Then just go!” she told him sulkily.

“Are you angry?” Minho gave her the saddest look he could portray. “Then you’ll cancel our date for tomorrow?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“I’ll wait until you come, no matter what.”

Soojung pushed the door in and the warm, delicious smell welcomed her bitter mood. But she had to hold her anger longer since her friends greeted her and talked about a thing or two. After she told them that she was coming with her family, they let her go.

“Where is Minho?” Kris gave her little sister the menu book.

“He suddenly got a phone call and asked to go home. He said sorry.”

“That’s rude,” Kris said.

“Is that why you got sulky?” Jessica asked, pinching her little sister’s cheek. “You’re so cute.”

“Unni,” Soojung whined as she rubbed her cheek gently. She then picked a bouillabaisse and returned the menu to the waiter.

“You know, about the introducing stuff that Mom mentioned,” Kris said, putting both of his hand on the table. “They will have a birthday party this week and Mom want you to come. Aunty really wants to see you, Soojung.”

“But I already have Minho,” Soojung wasn’t pleased.

“Just come to greet them. Choi— “ Jessica suddenly gasped. “Your boyfriend is Choi Minho, right? Does he have a brother named Jongin?”

Soojung frowned, then nodded.

Jessica suddenly smacked Kris’s hand, feeling excited “Daebak! This must be fate, Soojung-ah.”

“Are you going to leave us confused?” Kris rubbed his hand, didn’t understand what made his sister so hyper like that.

“You’re going to be introduced to Choi’s sons and they are none other than your boyfriend and his bro.”

“But Minho’s birthday is already passed,” Soojung denied.

“Then it must be his brother’s,” Jessica concluded.

This was the answer of all her problem.

Soojung suddenly felt extremely happy. If Minho’s mom was the one who invited her to the party, then it shouldn’t be a problem for her to date Minho. Finally, their stupid backstreet relationship would end soon. If Minho’s mom wanted her to get to know Minho and Jongin, Minho’s friend couldn’t do anything about that. Minho didn’t need to worry about her being bullied. She’d tell Minho tomorrow.

 “Oppa,” Soojung squinted her eyes to Kris playfully, “Then you have no choice if Minho become your brother in law.”

“Yah!”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“The movie will start in fifteen minutes,” Minho told Soojung who was sitting beside him. He was holding two tickets of Harry Potter movie while she was playing with the bracelet he gave her as birthday present. He smiled. “Do you like it that much?”

Soojung nodded enthusiastically and kept looking at her bracelet. “It’s really pretty.”

“You’re prettier,” Minho .

“You’re so cheesy today,” she poked his nose, hiding her shyness.

“You look very happy today,” Minho smiled. “I thought you still mad at me because of yesterday.”

“I have something good to tell you,” Soojung smiled. She indeed looked really happy today, more than her usual bubbly self. “I’ll tell you but can I go to the restroom first?”

“Okay,” Minho took her coke and saw Soojung went inside the closest door from the couch he was sitting in. He tapped his shoes lightly to the floor, curious about what Soojung would tell him. Something that made her happy should be happiness for him too.

He stood up excitedly as the restroom door opened. But it wasn’t Soojung.

“Minho?” unexpectedly, Suzy walked out from the door with Sulli behind her. “What are you doing here?”

Crap. What a bad timing. He tried to act normally and show them two tickets. “Watching movie. You?”

“We’re just finished. We’re about to go home,” Sulli told him and saw his tickets. “Waiting for someone?”

“Yeah,” Minho said nervously.

“We saw Soojung inside and she said she’s coming with a friend. Is it you?” Suzy asked.

“No,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter