Chapter 10

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can’t get over it?” Sehun closed his book and collecting all his stuffs on the table. His best friend was dazing all the time. “Come, on. It wouldn’t be that bad.”

The last bell just rang and everyone was ready to go home. They were still talking about the college entrance exam that they took yesterday. Soojung came out from the room anxiously, because she felt like she didn’t do her best. Sehun had to convince her for few hours until she stopped worrying. It was Soojung that they were talking about, how bad it could be?

“I can’t believe that we have to wait for few weeks just to see the results. It’ll be the time when we’re about to graduate.”

“Exactly,” Sehun clicked his fingers. “School shall be done and you’ll get Seoul Uni as your birthday present. Isn’t it the best?”

“You’re too confident,” Soojung sighed, still worrying about the exam.

“It’s called optimistic. Stop worrying too much,” Sehun patted her head as usual. He suddenly laid his eyes to the door. “The princes are coming.”

Soojung followed his eyes then sighed as she saw Minho and Jongin was walking toward her seat. She quickly tidied her table, wanting to go as soon as possible.

“Hi, Soojung,” Minho gave her a smile. “Sehun.”

“Hello fiancée and soon to be her ex,” Jongin teased.

Sehun generously returned their greetings with a smile, while Soojung just shook her head and chuckling. She learnt that the best way to ignore Jongin’s prankster personality was pretending not to hear it.

“Do you need something?” Soojung asked as she stood up.

“We just— “

“Hey, boys,” Suzy and her gang suddenly butted in. She handed an invitation to Minho, Jongin and Sehun— totally ignored Soojung. “Let’s hang out at my house, tonight.”

“Your house?” Jongin asked as he unfolded the fancy paper. “Is anything special come up?”

“Just have some fun, you know... after exam and everything.”

“Is it for your group only?” Sehun tapped the invitation in his hand. He wasn’t one of Suzy’s gang— definitely.

Sulli suddenly lightened up, seeing Sehun seemed interested. “Everyone can come.”

The boys glanced at Soojung who was just standing still as if she didn’t see anything. She was expressionless and seemed bored. Jongin took her hand and shoved it to Suzy’s face. “Then, aren’t you going to give her one?”

“Well...,” Suzy averted his eyes and glanced awkwardly to her gang.

“You said everyone can come,” Minho reminded them.

“It’s not like I want to come either,” Soojung said, pulling her hand back.

“You know what it means. Sorry Suzy,” Sehun gave the invitations back. He said quietly to his best friend as they walked out from the classroom. “Can we have bubble tea on the way home?”

Minho glanced at Soojung when she immediately nodded pleasantly. He suddenly thought that going to bubble tea shop was more interesting than anything. And he didn’t want her to go alone with Sehun. It was an uncomfortable feeling.

“Jealous, brother?” Jongin leant toward his brother and whispered quietly. Without waiting for Minho’s response, he turned to Suzy, “I don’t want to come if Sehun won’t.”

“How about you Minho?” Sulli asked hopefully, even though she already knew the answer.

“I won’t come without Jongin,” Minho said. They better finished this fast so they could catch up with Soojung and Sehun.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“What the hell are we doing here?” Soojung whispered to Jongin who was sitting beside her on the carpet. The brothers tricked her and now they were at Suzy’s house, forming a small circle and playing truth or dare.

“Playing, of course,” Jongin grinned as Kibum did his dare, dancing crazily in the middle of that circle.

“You said we’re going to watch movie with Sehun,” she scowled. “Are you out of your mind?”

“We won’t go anywhere until we get you something good,” Jongin smirked.

“What’s wrong?” Taemin, who was sitting beside Soojung, asked them curiously. Soojung could feel Minho’s eyes on her as he was sitting next to Jongin.

“If you don’t want to play then just go home,” Seungyeon said.

Soojung who hated this gang so much suddenly felt challenged by what Seungyeon just said. She didn’t know what plan the brothers had, but whatever. She took the bottle and threw it to Kibum arrogantly. “Spin it.”

Kibum put it back on the table and spun it. They shouted loudly when it pointed to Minho.

“What the heck,” Minho mumbled as his friends’ eyes all on him. “I chose truth,” he cleared his throat and took a paper from the box. “Kibum.”

“Yeah!” Kibum shouted in joy. “I’m curious about this. When was the last time you had a girlfriend?”

“Uh,” Minho hesitated. He glanced at Soojung who was playing with her fingers. Jongin was looking at him curiously and it made him nervous. “A year ago.”

“In Japan?” Sulli gasped. “As expected, there’s no way you’ve never had a girlfriend.”

“I only have to answer one question, right?” Minho hastily spun the bottle, afraid that his friends woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter