Chapter 4

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be late, can you just stroll around first? I’ll be there maybe in thirty minutes,” Sehun talked rushingly through the phone.

“Yah, Oh Sehun! You said the same exact things thirty minutes ago,” Soojung scowled.

Sehun laughed shortly, “I’m sorry, but I’ll really be there in thirty minutes if you hang up now and let me change my clothes.”

She hissed. “I already walked around the mall twice, do you know that?”

“You should go shopping and take a look, not just walking around,” Sehun advised. Soojung didn’t fancy shopping at all, especially without companion. “Then just wait at the bubble tea café and please get me a cup.”

“Fine, fine. See you soon.”

“Thank you, Soojung. I hate you.”

“This guy,” Soojung was about to scold him until his laughs interrupted and he hung up.

Keeping her phone in her hand, she walked towards the escalator and went down. The mall was pretty much occupied since it was holiday. As someone who didn’t enjoy attention, crowd didn’t really up to her comfort. But seeing a lot of people walking together with probably their friends, date or family, she felt a bit lonely. Sehun better came soon.

The bubble tea café placed in the first floor open area. This café was really famous and already branched out to countries outside South Korea. No need to mention that the price was higher than its contender. She and Sehun came to this place once a week. Twice or thrice if they had a lot of free time.

“Two pearl, please. Less ice for both,” Soojung ordered two cups at the counter.

“Two pearl, less ice. Please wait for a moment,” the waiter repeated her order and excused himself to get the bubble tea.

“Look, who’s here!” Jongin exclaimed his happiness from the counter next to her. Minho was ordering and quickly gave her a smile when he was done.

“Of all people, why you,” she ignored them and quickly take her cups and paid.

“Two?” Minho frowned because he didn’t see anybody.

Soojung gave them no glance as she turned out from the queue, leaving the two brothers. They couldn’t follow her because their order hadn’t done yet. Needing them out of her sight, she quickly took a seat near the window and texted Sehun.

“My fiancée look very pretty even in this hot weather,” Jongin abruptly sat in front of her. Minho pulled a chair beside her.

“Are you waiting for someone?” Minho asked her.

“You should stop calling me fiancée because I’m not.” As expected, she ignored Minho again. “There are tons of empty table, go away.”

“Don’t. Want. To,” Jongin emphasized each word as he grinned like an idiot, clearly teasing her.

Right then, her phone rang. Finally, Sehun replied back, telling her that he would be there less than fifteen minutes. When she was about to put her phone back to the table, another text arrived.

She tried hard not to turn her head and yelled. It was Minho.

If you keep ignores me, Jongin will start questioning. Unless you want him to suspect something, isn’t it better to act normally?

“Are you waiting for someone?” Minho repeated his question, with a sweet smile as free gift.

She repositioned her sitting and answered it “Sehun.”

“I told you to break up,” Jongin complained.

“And who are you to tell me that?”

“You should really break up with Sehun,” Minho joined forces. “Fine, we’re not engaged but you can’t deny that we will. I don’t want my future fiancée to be seen with another guy. I don’t want any bad talk around.”

“What a joke,” Soojung scoffed. “So you’re someone who will do something because you’re being told to. Just find another heiress if you want some reputation.”

“I kind of like you, to be honest,” Jongin threw his thought. “I honestly thought we could at least start as friends.”

Soojung looked at him carefully. Jongin was stirring his milk tea lazily, clearly didn’t realize that his blunt confession affected his surrounding. Soojung was a bit surprised, it felt like ages since someone told her they wanted to be her friends. On the other hand, Minho was hiding his shocked by himself. Jongin was always blunt but now was different.

“Miss Jung,” a young man broke the tension. Minho read the tag. The man was the café manager. He politely handed Soojung a card. “You forgot to take this.”

“Oh,” Soojung took her credit card. “Thanks.”

The man bowed again politely. Too polite in Minho and Jongin’s opinion. “Enjoy your stay.”

Soojung put back the card to her wallet and sipped her bubble tea again.

“How di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter