Chapter 9

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Rock, paper, scissor!” Jongin loudly shouted as they threw their palms in the air.

“Argh!” Sehun yelped frustratingly as he lost the game.

“Yeah,” Jongin threw his fist, celebrating. He sneered at Minho. “I hope the next one is you, brother. Then I can have a little chit chat with Soojung.”

Soojung rolled her eyes as she heard Jongin’s joke. She didn’t want to stick with him but as much as she loved Sehun, she didn’t want to lose this game either. After whole day studying, they were craving for a night snack and the loser had to go and buy it. It was a cold night and no one wanted to go out.

“Should I go with you, Sehun?” Soojung said, a bit reluctant.

“It’s not like you know the street around here,” Jongin refused.

“Then let your maid go and buy it.”

“Oh, come on. You’re so not fun!” Jongin quickly start another round. “Rock, paper, scissor!”

Minho and Soojung both threw paper, while Jongin threw a rock.

“Yeah!” Minho and Soojung spontaneously did a high five. They retreated their hands awkwardly.

“No!” Jongin buried his face in his hands. “Why you, Sehun, of all people?”

“Come on, brother,” Sehun put his arm on Jongin’s shoulder.

“I’m still angry with you, you know?” Jongin shoved Sehun’s arm. He and Minho were sulky when Soojung brought Sehun yesterday morning. But they should’ve see it coming though. There was no way Soojung would come without Sehun.

“Then let’s swap,” Soojung suggested. She could feel Minho’s eyes on her.

“It’s cold outside,” Minho said quickly. “And I want you to teach me more math.”

“Will you be okay?” Sehun asked her.

Jongin frowned. “Why won’t she be? It’s Minho that she will be with. You should be more worried. Do you really think I won’t do anything to you, Pres?”

Sehun just laughed it off. He dragged Jongin to the door. “We’ll get going.”

“Come back soon,” Minho said. Soojung just waved quietly as the door closed.

The room immediately went quiet when the loudest person gone. Soojung and Minho glanced at each other before slumped themselves back to the couch. Soojung threw her sight toward the window, looking at the city lights quietly. Minho was watching her, didn’t find anything more interesting than that.  They didn’t say anything for few moments.

Soojung sighed and turned her eyes back to the room. Minho immediately grabbed a book and sat on the carpet— afraid that Soojung would catch what he just did. He waited until she said something, but that moment never came. Instead, she followed what he did and grab a pen.”

“You study a lot,” Minho broke the silence. “Do you want to get to Seoul Uni that much?”

She pulled her leg on the couch and used it as her table. She didn’t look at him, but at least she answered. “Getting into medical major wont be that easy.”

“Is this some kind of promise thing with Sehun?” he asked. “I didn’t mean anything, just curious,” he immediately added just in case she misunderstood.

“He influenced me, but he isn’t the reason,” she finally looked at him. “Although it’s fortunate that our dream cross each other.”

“You really liked him,” Minho said. Sehun was good-looking, smart, and wealthy. Minho hated to admit this, but Sehun seemed flawless— because after spending two days with him, he realized that Sehun was kind and easygoing.

“He helped me through the harsh world of high school,” Soojung rolled her eyes. “Why? Jealous?”

“No,” Minho quickly said, flustered.

“Good, because you have something else to be worried for,” Soojung joined him on the table.

“What is it?”

“Your math, of course,” Soojung said. “You said you want me to teach you. That’s the reason why I’m staying. And you better not lying.”

Minho opened his book and showed her. He tapped the thirteenth chapter. “Teach me this.”

“You don’t even understand this?” Soojung sneered but quickly took that book. “For this kind of problem, you need to use the equation and after that...”

Minho lied. He understood everything already. Soojung taught them twice today. But he didn’t care, for the reason that he didn’t know why. He only wanted her to stay with him at home, to see if she kept the promise to go civil with him. And he glad that she did. She might be glaring at him most of the times, but she didn’t ignore him anymore.

For the next fifteen minutes, all he heard was the sound of scratching pen and her voice explained in between. He nodded occasionally, telling her that he got what she said. They kept studying until the rain started to pour and the night got even colder. He noticed that she flinched a bit whenever the lightning struck.

He was kind of anticipating the lighting to come again because he found her cute whenever she flinched. She would grasp the pen tightly whenever the lightning flashed.

“Minho!” Soojung suddenly grabbed his hand tightly as everything went dark. She was too shocked to even care about who she was holding.

“Is the electricity gone off?” Minho was about to stand up, going to ask the maid.

“Where are you going?” Soojung whined, holding him. Her voice was trembling.

“I’m going to ask the maid,” Minho laughed. “You’re scared?”

“Just call them from here,” she whined. They c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter