Chapter 3

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoona unni, can you prepare some snacks before you leave?” Soojung sat down on the chair and leaned her chin on her palm, putting a cute plea to her sister.

Today was Saturday and since Soojung didn’t join any club activities, she was free. Yoona had a morning class and Jessica would go for work as usual. Sehun would be at school for committee thingy, but would always come to Soojung’s home before lunch. He usually left after one of her sisters came home so Soojung wouldn’t be alone. But he often stayed for dinner too.

Yoona was a student in culinary college and Jessica was a graduated of business major. With Yoona as an apprentice chef and Jessica’s managing skill combined, they started as a restaurateur in Seoul since last year. 

“There’s lasagna in the fridge, just reheat it in microwave if you want to eat. Popcorn, chips, and biscuits all in the counter. Or you can roll a kimbap, or make ramyun. Is it enough?” Yoona stirred a cup of warm milk and gave it to Soojung. She usually stocked some snacks home every weekend because Sehun and Soojung would be staying home.

“More than enough,” Soojung took it with a wide smile. “Thank you, unni.”

Jessica put down the newspaper and took a sip of her milk. “You’re staying home today?”

Soojung nodded. Jessica knew that Soojung was invited to spend her time at Choi's house but she understood as well why her youngest sister didn’t want to go. She didn’t quite like the boys either. Jongin and Minho didn’t really have a good impression in Jessica and Yoona’s eyes.

“How was school? With them coming back?” Yoona joined her sisters in the dining table.

“They pestered me everyday,” Soojung took a deep breath. “But I’m fine.”

“The boy who came here yesterday is Minho?” Yoona asked. There was a boy that came here to fetch Soojung every morning since Tuesday. Although he never managed to meet Soojung, he always insisted for the past four days.

“It’s not Minho. It’s his brother. Jongin, is it?”

“Yep,” Soojung ripped the bread. “The tanned one is Jongin.”

“Is he doing any better?” Yoona took the half bread that Soojung just put on the container.

“Not really. I only met him once last year and just met again recently.”

“But you’re okay, right?” Yoona ruffled Soojung’s hair.

“Of course.”

They exchanged smiles and left the Choi brother’s topic as Yoona talked about new recipes with Jessica. Soojung cleaned the table and help her sisters washed the dishes. When Soojung was done with the last plate, they heard someone pressed the bell.

“Sehun-ie?” Jessica looked at Soojung, puzzled.

“Maybe the meeting got cancelled,” Soojung wiped her hand with towel as she rushed to the door. She quickly pushed the door opened and smiled excitedly. “Sehun-ah!” Her smiling face changed to annoying almost instantly. “What the heck.”

What could be worse than having Choi duo in front of her house at ten in the morning?

“Did we manage to surprise you?” Jongin greeted her, smiling.

“Good morning, Soojung,” Minho smiled to her as well.

She didn’t have enough moods to be nice. “What do you want?”

“You’re so straightforward even in early morning,” Jongin told her.

“I don’t have forever to talk. Now or never,” she folded her arms.

“Soojung,” Jessica suddenly popped out from the kitchen and showed Soojung her phone. “Aunty just called. She asked you to bring Jongin and Minho out. And Mom texted the same thing.”

“You heard. I was just doing what my mom told me to,” Jongin smirked, winning.

“Oh, the persistent brat already here,” Jessica threw her glance towards the two boys.

“How have you been, Noona?” Minho was the first one to greet.

“You know her sister?” Jongin frowned. He felt surprised that his brother seemed to know Soojung’s sister.

“Still remember me, Minho?” Jessica smiled. But everyone could feel the tension. “You should greeted me then, instead of having your brother knocked my door every morning. Was there anything interesting inside the car?”

“You seems to know my brother, Noona,” Jongin interrupted.

“Of course,” Jessica hissed. “Who wouldn’t know your infamous brother, Jongin?”

“Unni, let’s go?” Yoona appeared and put one of her hand on Jessica’s shoulder as she helped herself to wear the shoes. She then glanced at Jongin. “Oh, the boy from yesterday, the day before yesterday, two days before yesterday and three days before yesterday.”

“I am Jongin,” Jongin smiled. “Off to college, Noona?”

Yoona nodded quickly, then squinted her eyes at Minho. “Then you must be Minho.”

Minho bowed slightly, politely.

“Should we wait until Sehun come?” Jessica looked at her watch.

“It’s okay, Unni. Don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter