Chapter 5

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you think they’re in item?”

“Who? Soojung and Jongin?”

Soojung who was about to open the door pulled her hand back. Senior year had P.E class this morning and she just finished changing her clothes. Of course student would talk about this matter. This prestigious school only had three senior classes, which consisted of around twenty students each. There was no secret to hide since everyone basically knew each other.

“Soojung has Sehun, though. And they still went together this morning. I saw them at the gate.”

“But Jongin called her fiancée before.”

“It didn’t sound like a joke to me.”

“Should I feel bad for Sehun?”

“I always thinks that he could get someone better, you know? He’s really nice and smart. Not that she’s stupid or ugly, but… you know what I mean.”

A girl laughed. “Jongin was probably joking.”

“But who is she? She isn’t Jongin’s friend to begin with. And she’s not one of us. I’m curious how she managed to know the boys in the first place.”

“I honestly thought that she would transfer after what happened last year.”

She counted to ten and decided that she gave them plenty of time already.

“Is it make you happy? Talking behind someone’s back?” Soojung finally came out from the changing room and headed towards the sink to clean her hands. It was girls from next class. Minho and Jongin’s friends.

They were shocked and seemed guilty. “I’m sorry, Soojung. I didn’t mean it in a bad way.”

“Really?” Soojung threw her tissue to the trashcan. “Talking behind someone’s back is bad already. You should talk to me, I won’t bite.”

“We’re already apologized.”

“Well, apology not accepted,” she smiled sarcastically and stormed off from the bathroom. But she turned around right before she opened the door. “Don’t forget to tell Sehun to get someone better. See if he will listen to you.”

“You’re really rude, Soojung.”

“Glad if you know,” she smiled and slammed the door. Everyone who was around the bathroom was startled and looked at her as she walked towards her locker. She opened it and quickly hung her uniform.

She used with this kind of situation. There were so many unpleasant questions revolving around her. Why Sehun would hang out with her? Why a rude person like her would even be in this school? Why she appeared at Choi’s party? Even though there was no bullying or hatred being shoved to her face, it was pretty obvious that they felt obnoxious towards her.

People talked behind her back a lot. She remained silent most of the time, but that didn’t mean that she didn’t know. She wasn’t stupid anymore. And no matter how many times her schoolmates used her as a topic, it didn’t lessened the hurt she felt.

“Soojung are you okay?” Minho suddenly stood beside her locker and put his hand on her shoulder. He was heading to the field when he saw Soojung staring blankly to her locker in almost full minute. He was pretty curious at why people seemed to give her a mild glare right before he approached her.

“No need to waste your precious time for worrying me,” she shoved Minho’s hand and took off her wristwatch.

“I saw Sehun wear the same watch,” Minho pointed at the pictures stuck on Soojung’s locker. She smiled with Sehun while hugging each other’s shoulder, showing their matching wristwatch in their uniform. “I didn’t expect you to be this close with him.”

“Can’t I?” she said it sarcastically.

“I’m sorry about yesterday, okay? I was rude,” he apologized. “It’s just that you didn’t even want to talk to me since the party. Your sisters wouldn’t pass my calls. You never replied thousands mails I sent. You even changed your number. And when I thought I could finally meet you again, you got yourself another boy. If you keep shoving me away, how can I repay everything?”

“Done?” Soojung took her P.E. jacket. “Thank you. But I don’t need your pity. Save your guilt.”

 “Soojung,” Minho took a deep breath, frustrated. Soojung really knew how to use words. “Can’t we talk without you glaring at me all the time? Can’t we talk like how we used to be?”

“We don’t know each other. Does it ring any bell to your brain?”

“Fine. Strangers can be a friend,” Minho offered her a handshake. “I’m Minho, Choi Minho. I’d like to befriend you. Jung Soojung, right?”

“I don’t need friends,” Soojung folded her arms and was about to close her locker when Minho suddenly took her wristwatch and sneaked it to his pocket.

“What are you doing?” she yelled lowly. “Give it back!”

“Nope,” he refused seriously. “Not until at least you agree to stop ignoring me.”

“You wish.”

“Well, then say goodbye to your wristwatch.”

She clenched her teeth. That wristwatch was her birthday gift from Sehun, and it was custom made, she wouldn’t be able to find the same one anywhere. She didn’t want to lose it but fought with Minho would just cause ruckus.

“Fine,” she gave up. “If you can beat me on today’s bio quiz, I’ll stop ignoring you.”

“But you are always come in first place!” He complained. And during the trial test, he was only placed nineteenth. “How can I beat you?”

“Take it or forget it,” she challenged him. “Give it back or I’ll ask Sehun.”

Minho sighed, defeated. He gave her watch back. “Fine, get ready to befriending Choi Minho again.”

She hissed and was about to leave when she felt an arm wrapping her shoulder. “Why I always get Tweedledum and Tweedledee at the same time?”

“I’ll take it as compliment. Thanks,” Jongin smiled and threw his free hand to the air, celebrating. “By the way, president isn’t here. Finally you listened to me and broke up.”

“He’s in the teacher’s office,” Soojung clicked her tongue. “Get your hands off me, Jongin.”

“Let’s not fight this early. I thought we’re friends since yesterday,” he dragged her and led the walk. “Let’s go to the field or w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter