Chapter 11

Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dizziness struck in as Soojung opened her eyes gently, adjusting to the dim ceiling light. The window showed no brightness because it was almost dark outside. It had been days since she caught a fever and couldn’t do anything but lying on her bed. Her sisters were so happy that they could finally pamper her without getting punched. She hated attention— and coming from her sisters was no exception.

She still remembered the night she went to Suzy’s party— Jongin’s revenge anda little chat with Minho. She still didn’t have a chance to ask Jongin yet— about how come he knew everything. She already asked Sehun who came here whenever he could and he was surprised as well. Her past was something between the two of them only and Sehun wouldn’t betray her for Jongin. As for Minho, she remembered his pleading eyes, begging for her forgiveness.

That two was the reason why she felt lucky for being sick.

Sighing, she stood up and held the headboard before making sure that she was good enough to walk. Holding her temple with her other hand, she made her way toward the door and bumped into it as someone pushed it.

“Yah! Be careful!” she shouted loudly while rubbing her temple. It was hurt as hell.

“I’m so happy to hear you cursed,” Sehun appeared with a cup of milk. He quickly put it on the table and helped her stood. “You’re finally awake.”

Soojung smacked his head and gained a good laugh from him. “Why you’re here again? I thought you are working.”

“I’ll go after this,” Sehun said. He handed her two pieces of paper. “Help me with this.”

“What is it?” Soojung grabbed the cup as she read the paper. The first one was the school trip details. The second one was a draft of speech. She was more interested with the second one. “For graduation?”

“Yeah, they asked me to make a speech as former school president at the ceremony. As usual, you’ll help me with this.”

“I know you won’t do this kind of services for free,” Soojung raised the cup. “Fine, I’ll help.”

“Yeah!” Sehun patted her head. “My best friend is the best.”

Soojung chuckled. “Then go, you’re going to be late.”

Sehun sat down on the carpet and crossed his legs instead. “Actually, I came here to bring you a news too.”

“What is it?”

“Minho confessed his lies to his friends today,” Sehun said. “To everyone, literally. He sa— YAH!”

Out of shocked, Soojung spat the milk she just sipped. It went all over Sehun’s pants. Soojung laughed as she handed him a box of tissue. “Sorry, Sehun. Sorry, sorry. Please continue.”

Sehun scowled and wiped his pants. “He said he dated you last year and he was the one who asked you to stay silent all this time. Well, he basically told them everything. He kindly asked them to hate on him instead of you. You should see their faces. It was gold.”

“Why would he do that?”

“Well, apparently his precious gang was blaming you because he and his brother didn’t talk for days. From what I heard, Minho refused to tell Jongin about your past while Jongin refused to tell how he knew about you. So they fought because both are so selfish.”

“If Minho refused to tell Jongin in the first place, then why’d he tell everyone? It’s basically a win for Jongin.”

“Maybe it’s because ‘But we won’t go anywhere without being honest’,” Sehun teased. “So to prove his love to you, he tried to be honest and clear everything.”

“Shut up,” Soojung threw a pillow on him. “Love my .”

“I think he’s seriously felt guilty toward you. He wanted to move forward,” Sehun hugged the pillow. “Maybe you should too.”

“Stop it,” Soojung cut him and shook her head. “It won’t change the fact that we’re done.”

“I know,” Minho softened his voice. “But we won’t go anywhere without being honest. So here I am to say— I like you.”

She still remembered what Minho said that night, and it still gave her shivers. She never thought that Minho was being serious about not going to care and stopped being a coward. That confession was putting her in an awkward situation. “You want me to get back together with him? Are you nuts?”

“Not that kind of moving forward. I don’t think he dream about that either. Not yet. He said to me he won’t interfere if it’s me. But he will if it’s his brother. I don’t understand why no one figure out that we’re just platonic,” Sehun said. “But skip that. What I wanted to say is he wanted you to open up, like you used to. He wanted your bright, cheerful self to be seen by everyone. Just don’t shut yourself.”

“Like you always wanted,” Soojung mumbled.

“Exactly,” Sehun patted her head again. “I know Minho’s stupid gang gave you a lot of pain, but the good people around you aren’t only me and your siblings, Soojung. Maybe you can start with Jongin and Minho. I think Taemin is pretty kind too.”

“I’ll think about it,” Soojung said quietly. “Thank you, Sehun.”

“Anytime,” he smiled. “I have another one to tell.”

Soojung held her breath. She wasn’t ready to hear another shocking news. “What?”

“Your sisters said the dinner’s ready if you wanted to eat downstairs.”

She sighed in relieved and asked him to stand in front of her. “Squat here, brother.”

Sehun chuckled and squatted. He let her on his back. “I’ll let this one slip because you’re sick. You’re pretty heavy. You know that?

Soojung kicked his leg as he piggybacked her to the dining room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yah, you asked him to come?” Soojung whispered angrily to her best friend.

“I didn’t. Let’s see what he want,” Sehun whispered back and continued to walk toward dining table.

Minho was there, sitting awkwardly in front of Jessica. Her oldest sister pierced him with a squinted eyes, didn’t sure how she felt about him coming to their house.

“Hi, Soojung,” Minho smiled to her, but it was slightly vanished as he saw Sehun carrying her. It wasn’t what he expected to see. ”Hi, Sehun.”

“Oh, he’s jealous,” Sehun whispered, refrained himself to laugh. Soojung helped him by kicking his leg. Sehun greeted him happily. “What are you doing here, Minho? Of course, not visiting her, right?”

Minho smiled bitterly as he saw Sehun playfully landed Soojung on the chair in front of him.

“He came to give us this,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter