Routine

Gone Insane

 

Luhan had been visiting Sehun for awhile now. Whenever he had a free time, mostly after school or in the very morning, he would come to Sehun’s room every day. Luhan noticed that there were just a few of them who actually visited Sehun. He actually never saw Sehun’s parents coming to the hospital. But he thought maybe his parents visited him when Luhan wasn’t there.

Luhan didn’t only visit him but always taking care of him. The feelings he had for the younger had developed. Although he knew it wasn’t a good idea to feel that way, but he couldn’t help it. Love happened and he couldn’t stop himself from falling, even if his mind had told him that he would just get his hurt pained.

In the other hand, Baekhyun was worried. Luhan always ditched his friends for Sehun, excluding Baekhyun since he came to Luhan’s apartment sometimes. But it wasn’t the point. Luhan must have loved that guy so much, Baekhyun thought.

“Sehun-ah, good morning!” Luhan greeted him cheerfully as usual. He chuckled as he saw the sleeping Sehun in front of him. To Luhan, he had taken a big part of his life now. Sehun became his top priority. Impossible, it might be impossible but it happened. Luhan fell for Sehun more every single day.

“I brought you my favorite flower. Well I don’t know that you like flower or not but I hope you like this one,” Luhan rambled, talked one-sidedly. He must be crazy but it didn’t matter. He knew Sehun could hear him.

Luhan put the bucket of white and pink Lisianthus on the table before turning his attention back to Sehun. He smiled and caressed his cheeks. “Sehun-ah, when are you going to wake up?” he mumbled and took Luhan’s hand in his. “Are you feeling cold?” he asked and then squeezed Sehun’s hand. “Wake up soon, okay?”

It had been two months since the accident happened. Luhan was the one, or probably the only one that was always by Sehun’s side, according to the nurses who would check on Sehun every day. No relatives, family nor friends. Just Luhan.

 “Hello Luhan-sshi!” one of the nurses named Jessica greeted him.

Luhan smiled and waved. “Hello Jessica-sshi!” he said and bowed. Jessica chuckled as soon as he saw the Lisianthus. “Ah, another Lisianthus for your boyfriend, eh?” she teased and nudged his elbow as she changed the infusion. Luhan blushed at her remark and shook his head. “He is not my boyfriend,” he answered in a sad tone, obviously.

“Now now, Luhan-sshi, don’t be sad. You get our supports!” Jessica tried to cheer him up again. Luhan smiled and nodded, mouthing a small ‘thanks’ to her. Jessica nodded and bowed, leaving the room for the two.

Luhan glanced at his wristwatch and pouted. “Ah I have to go now. See you later, Sehun!” Luhan smiled and pecked his cheek. It had been a habit of him. He admitted that he liked stealing small peck from Sehun.

Just a peck, it wouldn’t hurt, right?

 

Luhan finished his classes earlier than usual that day since the professor who should have been in his last class was currently absent for a week. Much to Luhan’s joy, he ran to the hospital to give Sehun another visit.

“Hey Sehun, I’m back,” he said and sat comfortable on the chair next to Sehun’s bed. Since tomorrow was Sunday, Luhan thought it would be good for him to have a little sleepover. He knew that having a sleepover was too risky since anyone from his family or friends might walk in while he was sleeping, without him knowing.

But he couldn’t help it. Sehun was his obsession and he didn’t bother to deny.

 

Luhan took out his textbook and started focusing to his study.

 

A few hours after, it was 8 already. He stretched his arms and got up, walking up to the bathroom. He had prepared extra clothes for himself. It felt like he was living in his house.

Maybe because Sehun was there. Sehun was home. His home.

After he had finished showering, he approached the bed and sat down on the same chair. He took a storybook from his bag. He opened it slowly and said, “Ready for night tale, Sehun?”

Even though he would never get an answer, Luhan didn’t give up in talking to him. He knew that it would entertain the younger and maybe he would wake up sooner, like what Luhan always wanted.

“And they live happily ever after!” Luhan ended the story with a playful laugh, closing the book and placed it back in his bag. Fairy tales, like it would happen.

Every time he visited Sehun at night, Luhan would always sing him a lullaby or any soft songs that he thought it would relax Sehun. Today’s song was ‘What is Love’. He smiled to Sehun and took a deep breath as he sang.

 

I lost my mind. The moment I saw you

Except you, everything gets in slow motion

Tell me, if this is love

Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you

Fighting, crying and hugging

Tell me, if this is love

 

“Good night, Oh Sehun,” Luhan whispered softly, placing a small kiss on Sehun’s forehead before going to the couch to sleep.