The Party

Gone Insane

Luhan groaned when he heard the doorbell. He wondered why people kept visiting him nowadays. He didn’t bother to get up to open the door since he needed to finish his project before Sehun’s party and he wanted no one disturbing him. The person in front of the door ended up ringing it again and again until Baekhyun decided to open it for him.

“Oh, Chanyeol? What are you doing here?” Luhan heard Baekhyun ask.

The boy tried to listen to their conversation but he only heard incoherent things. He shrugged and continued to focus on his project until the door was slammed shut. Baekhyun tapped Luhan’s shoulder and handed him a nicely wrapped box.

Luhan blinked in confusion. “What is it?”

Baekhyun shrugged and sat on the couch across him. “Go open it.”

Luhan raised a brow but didn’t say anything. He slowly opened the box, only to find a white suit in it. “What is this for?”

Baekhyun laughed. “It’s from Sehun and Chanyeol delivered it. It’s for the party tomorrow, I guess,” he replied. “He wants you to look pretty,” he added with a teasing tone.

Luhan scrunched his nose and tried to hide his flushed cheeks then put the box on the other side of the couch. “Whatever,” he mumbled.

“Don’t worry, my friend. My hands know how to work on your face and you will be the prettiest princess.” Baekhyun even gives him two thumbs up.

Luhan glares at him. “I’m not wearing any of your makeup.”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “Oh yes you are. Don’t you want Oh Sehun to be yours?”

Luhan shyly nodded at his friend’s question. Baekhyun grinned smugly. “Then leave it to Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

It was painful; Luhan noted he shouldn’t have agreed on this. Baekhyun was forcing him to stay still while he was drawing something around his eyes. Luhan remembered it was called eyeliner. If putting on eyeliner was this hard, why would Baekhyun have it almost every day?

“Baek, are we done?” Luhan said under his breath.

Baekhyun focused on putting the eyeliner but managed to reply, “Um wait… ah yes we are done!”

Luhan could sigh in relief. He opened his eyes, only to realize that Baekhyun was also wearing a suit. “Uh I didn’t notice this before but, where are you going?”

Baekhyun smiled. “Ah, Chanyeol asked me to be his date.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Did something happen between you two?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Of course not, idiot! He didn’t have anyone to ask so he asked me. And, we are actually friends now,” he replied and shrugged.

Luhan sighed. “You two are weird,” he muttered and took his phone when it buzzed.

Sehun is calling, calm down. It’s just Sehun.

“Hello?” Luhan finally picked up, his voice was cracked a little and he cursed himself for being too nervous. It was only a call, what would happen if Sehun kissed him?

Sehun, on the other line, calmly answered, “Are you ready? I’m in front of your door.”

Luhan widened his eyes. “R-really?! I-I’m ready, wait a minute…” he muttered and hung up.

He sighed and dragged Baekhyun out of his room, heading to the door. He opened the door slowly, he was beyond nervous. What if Sehun doesn’t like it? I’m going to kill Baekhyun.

“Hi, Luhan-sshi, Baekhyun-sshi,” Sehun greeted them and smiled. He then took Luhan’s hand and kissed the back of his hand. “You look dazzling,” he complimented.

Luhan’s face was probably as red as tomato.

 


 

“Aren’t they cute?” Baekhyun commented as he watched the couple walked before them. Chanyeol didn’t say anything but merely nodded. 

Baekhyun turned to him and sighed. “You don’t look happy,” he said.

Chanyeol laughed. “Yeah, because my date is you. My standard is high and you are nowhere near it,” he joked.

Baekhyun’s happy mood suddenly dropped. He inhaled a deep breath before exhaling it softly. He remained calm. “So, why would you take me then?” he pretended to be mad. It was not a complete pretend.

“Well, I don’t want to bring some annoying girls and I can’t ask Luhan so I asked you instead. At least I can go to the party with Luhan,” he replied.

Baekhyun widened his eyes in disbelief, he even coughed. “Y-You like Luhan?!” he whispered so the couple wouldn’t hear them.

Chanyeol smiled softly. “I like him? No, I love him.”

Baekhyun shook his head. Things were getting complicated. Luhan obviously liked Sehun who didn’t like him back but instead, Sehun’s best friend liked him. It was giving him a light headache and Baekhyun thought he shouldn’t be involved.

I’ll always be the bridge for someone to connect to the one they love.

Baekhyun thought bitterly. It was the same, Jongin probably also got close to him because he wanted to get to know Kyungsoo. Although Baekhyun didn’t like Chanyeol that way, it still somehow hurt.

 

 


 

Sehun got off from the car, running to the other side to open the door for Luhan. Luhan took a deep breath before stepping out. Sehun offered a kind smile. “Just follow my lead okay?”

Luhan nodded weakly, walking next to Sehun as they enter the ballroom. He was more than nervous. There would be a lot of Sehun’s friends, families, relatives and acquaintances. Luhan was panicking when he saw Sehun’s father and grandmother.

“Calm down,” Sehun whispered as he squeezed the younger’s hand. Luhan sighed and nodded again.

They were now greeting some of Sehun’s father’s business partners. Luhan just stayed silent all the time, he only smiled or sometimes answered a word or two when asked. But it was until Krystal came with Sehun’s father and also his grandmother.

“Sehun, who is this?” his father asked as he eyed Luhan.

Luhan smiled politely and even bowed a little. “Hello, I’m Luhan.”

His father didn’t look happy, especially when he saw their interlocked hands. He stared at both of them with intense glare until Sehun sighed and broke the silence. “He is my boyfriend.”

Luhan widened his eyes. He was about to say something but Sehun quickly added, “That’s why I want you to break off my engagement with this girl. I don’t even know her!” Sehun shouted lowly, trying not to gain attention.

“No, Sehun. You are marrying her and that’s final.” His dad’s stern made Luhan shudder, it was not pleasant.

“No, dad, I can’t-“

The voice that came from the stage cut Sehun off. Someone was standing in front of the standing microphone, smiling brightly. “So, is everybody enjoying the party?”

The loud cheers can be heard. The man smiled to the guests. “Today’s purpose is actually to announce Mr. Oh’s son’s engagement. Who is no other than Oh Sehun and his fiancée, Krystal Jung.  Let me hear the applauses for the couple!”

All of the applauded, of course except for Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun’s father. “Go on the stage,” he ordered.

Sehun glared at him. “No, dad,” he replied harshly and took Luhan’s hand, dragging him off the ballroom. He could hear his dad shouting ‘don’t embarrass me!’ but he couldn’t care less. He knew he was going to face the consequence later but he was relieved that he could run away from his father once.

 


 

follow me on insta? @zhxingmei

comment jusseyo.