No More Hiding

Gone Insane

 

Baekhyun smiled as Luhan was getting better. He turned to Chanyeol and mumbled, “You should leave.”

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. “Can I at least stay until he wakes up?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and glared at him. “No, you have caused enough problems already. Please leave, Chanyeol-sshi.”

Chanyeol understood and thought maybe Baekhyun was right. He nodded and stood up, walking to the door. Before he left, he turned to Luhan and Baekhyun once again then slammed the door shut.

He sighed. He decided that he would talk to Sehun about Luhan.

 

Chanyeol saw his cousin, sitting up on his bed while reading some old magazines that were probably from the hospital’s drawer. Chanyeol cleared his throat, making Sehun looked up from his magazine and smiled a little. “Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol smiled and took the chair beside Sehun’s bed. “How are you feeling?”

Chanyeol was always like an older brother to Sehun. He always acted like one. Ever since Sehun’s mother got into a plane accident together with Chanyeol’s mother, the two had never been closer. Chanyeol moved into Sehun’s house, living with Sehun’s father and his grandmother.

Sehun’s mother and Chanyeol’s mother were siblings. However, Chanyeol’s mother moved out of the house and started a family with Chanyeol’s father, who disappeared a few years after Chanyeol was born. While Sehun’s mother, she chose to stay with her parent (which was Sehun and Chanyeol’s grandmother) and took his husband in with her.

“Better,” Sehun simply answered, leaning his back on the pillow.

Chanyeol nodded a little. “So… I heard Krystal came back?”

Sehun rolled his eyes as he heard the said girl’s name. “Yeah, that annoying girl. I hate it when father always wants to set me up with some girls I don’t know!” Sehun grunted in frustration.

Chanyeol only looked at him. He knew Sehun was going to continue his rant so he decided to shut his mouth first.

“You know what she said earlier? She said she was my fiancée! Seriously, though. I don’t even remember I date her,” he muttered lowly.

Chanyeol chuckled a little. Sehun was always acting like a whiny kid when he was mad.

“Done yet?” Chanyeol asked.

Sehun shook his head. “No, no. Do you know this weird boy named Luhan? He said he is my friend… or our friend. Do you remember him?”

Chanyeol really wanted to explain what exactly happened, who Luhan was and how it happened but he didn’t feel he was in the right place to say. So he only said, “You need to ask him yourself.”

Sehun nodded. “I guess. But have you met him?”

Chanyeol smiled. “Yeah, we are pretty close now.”

Sehun narrowed his eyes at him but Chanyeol quickly shook his head. “No, no, stop looking at me like that.”

Sehun laughed a little. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. I don’t really care if you like him or something,” Sehun then said.

“Trust me, you will,” Chanyeol muttered.

Sehun frowned at it but decided not to ask further. “So, do you have his number or something? I’m going to be discharged from here today so…”

Chanyeol nodded. “I will… give you his number later. Even better, you can go to his apartment.”

 

“Baekhyun-ah, where are you?” Luhan called from the living room where he was lying down on his couch.

“Here!” Baekhyun shouted from the kitchen and made his way to the living room with a tray. Luhan raised a brow at him, as if he was asking what he was making.

“I cooked… uh soup? Yeah,” Baekhyun mumbled and put the tray on the table in front of him. Luhan laughed and nodded, thanking him before sitting on the carpeted floor and started eating the soup.

Baekhyun smiled and sat across him. “Feeling better?”

Luhan nodded, still eating the soup. “Mhm, thanks to you.”

Baekhyun said nothing but watched Luhan ate his soup. He leaned on the couch and stayed silent. Luhan, who noticed the silence, looked up and frowned. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,” Baekhyun mumbled and laid his back on the couch.

Luhan looked at him, studying his expression. “Come on, you can tell me.”

Baekhyun sighed. “What are you going to do with Sehun?”

Luhan dropped the spoon onto the bowl and gaped. He didn’t remember the incident earlier, not until Baekhyun reminded him again.

Baekhyun panicked and waved his hand, giving him an awkward laugh. “N-no, just eat first.”

Baekhyun was right. He needed to clear his things up with Sehun. Even if he couldn’t be together with the boy, at least he didn’t need to hide something from Sehun forever.