Second Time

Gone Insane

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, not believing who he saw. He couldn’t believe that he met Park Chanyeol for the second time in the supermarket, pushing his cart around and picking some vegetables and ingredients. He was hesitant to greet the older male so he decided to just walk past him. If he noticed, then they would have some chit-chat.

“Oh hello there, Baekhyun-sshi.”

Baekhyun didn’t expect him to remember his name but he smiled upon seeing the taller calling him. Just by looking at his face, he somehow wanted to punch him on the face for forcing Luhan to be his boyfriend and did childish thing such as blackmailing but he couldn’t. Chanyeol seemed strong enough to hold him in his grip and maybe broke his bone if necessary.

“Fancy meeting you here, Park Chanyeol-sshi,” Baekhyun tried to speak politely and gave him a slight bow. Chanyeol laughed in return and glanced at the cart that Baekhyun was having. “Are you alone?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “No, I’m with a ghost.”

Chanyeol laughed again and Baekhyun just had to roll his eyes secretly. “Funny, Baekhyun-sshi. But I’m not sure the ghost can help you in carrying those all.” He pointed at Baekhyun’s cart.

Baekhyun gritted his teeth, feeling annoyed already. He might be small and short but it didn’t mean he wasn’t strong enough to bring those shopping bags later. “I can do it by myself, thank you very much.”

Chanyeol chuckled and patted Baekhyun’s head. “See you around, Byun.”

 


 

“Luhan-sshi!” Nurse Jessica called him with a huge smile on. She was also nervous yet happy at the same time. It was like a mixed expression and Luhan was confused to read it.

“What is it?” Luhan asked softly as he made his way back to Sehun’s room. He just finished having his lunch at the cafeteria and bringing some snacks for him later so he didn’t have to leave Sehun again.

“I have something to tell you,” she continued with a nervous tone and Luhan also got the nervous feeling as he thought about the possibility of her confessing to him.

“Um, Jessica-sshi-“

“Your boyfriend just woke up!”

 

 

Luhan honestly didn’t know how to react to that. He knew that it was what he had been wishing for. For Sehun to wake up, it was his only wish in December. And now, God seemed to answer his prayer yet he couldn’t move his legs to bring himself to Sehun’s room.

“Come on, Luhan-sshi! You need to see him!” Jessica had been giving him supportive words yet it was no use. So Jessica ended up dragging the taller male to the elevator with so much force.

Luhan gulped as the elevator stopped at a certain floor. Jessica grinned and dragged Luhan out, bringing him to Sehun’s room. She giggled. “I feel like being a flower girl, bringing the bride to the groom.”

Luhan blushed but he didn’t notice it. His mind was occupied with the conversations that they would have when Jessica left them alone. Would that be awkward?

Luhan was sure of it.

He was thinking of running away but too late, Jessica had opened the door for him, pushed him inside and closed the door. Sehun, who was sitting and looking out of the window, turned his attention to Luhan.

Luhan bowed his head lower and smiled nervously as he walked up to him. His hands were trembling and his legs were shaking. He started to sweat but he tried to remain calm.

“H-Hi Sehun.”

The said male gave him a puzzled look. “Do I know you?”

Luhan missed Sehun’s voice but he didn’t have the time to think of that. He was, disappointed to know that Sehun didn’t remember him. He smiled bitterly and said, “I’m not sure if you will remember me but you somehow know me. I-I’m Luhan.”

Sehun nodded his head. “Were you… one of my classmates back then?”

Luhan shook his head and smiled. “N-No, I wasn’t.”

Sehun tried to think where he could possibly meet the deer-looking boy but he couldn’t recall. His head always hurt whenever he tried to think much and Luhan felt guilty for talking to him right after he woke up.

“Y-You should rest, Sehun-sshi. I will come back tomorrow,” he told Sehun and grabbed his bag. Sehun just shrugged and nodded, mumbling a low ‘thanks for visiting’.

Luhan smiled in return and walked out of the room. He didn’t know what to feel. He didn’t know whether he should be happy or disappointed. Happy because Sehun woke up or disappointed because the older didn’t have any clues about who Luhan was.

Everything seemed to be more complicated than he imagined it would be.

He walked out of the hospital and drove home with his bicycle.

 


 

“Hey Sehun, how are you feeling?” his grandmother asked softly and caressed Sehun’s hair. Sehun smiled at her and told her that he was okay. His grandmother couldn’t feel any happier at the moment. His only grandson had woken up from his long sleep.

“Where is father?” Sehun asked and the old woman shook his head. “In a business trip,” she answered and Sehun could only nod, not expecting a better answer as he already knew that his father had something more important to do. Business always came first; Sehun was actually tired of that.

“You haven’t eaten yet, right?” his grandmother asked and Sehun shook his head. She smiled; getting the bowl that was placed on a tray and took the spoon to feed Sehun with porridge.

“Grandma, you know how I hate porridge, especially it’s from the hospital,” he complained but his grandmother was stubborn enough to force him to eat that. “You want to get out from here sooner right? Just eat.”

Sehun sighed and did as told, started eating the porridge until the last spoon. He wiped his lips with a napkin and tossed it somewhere after he was done. “Oh yeah grandma, do you know anyone named Luhan? He came here earlier.”

His grandmother raised a brow and asked, “He said he is your friend. Did you forget?”

Sehun said nothing. He didn’t remember having a friend named Luhan back in the elementary, junior high and even high school. But he could feel that something about the boy was familiar.

“Maybe it’s because you just woke up. You haven’t recovered fully, Sehun. Just rest and I’m sure you will remember,” she told him and Sehun agreed. He laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling blankly and still trying to remember the boy.

“Good night, Sehun.”

Sehun nodded as the lamp was turned off. “Night, grandma.”