Broken Heart

Gone Insane

 

Luhan sighed. Chanyeol seriously couldn’t leave him alone. His phone kept beeping for awhile now and it was ever since Chanyeol knew Luhan had met Sehun and talked to him. He didn’t know why Chanyeol became a little protective after that but he honestly didn’t want to care.

Luhaen! Answer it, damn it!” Baekhyun shouted.

Right after the day Baekhyun cried to him because Jongin, his long-time crush was taken, Luhan offered him to have a sleepover for a week in Luhan's apartment. Baekhyun agreed and brought almost all of his stuffs in to Luhan’s apartment. Maybe inviting Baekhyun wasn’t a great idea after all. It felt like the sassy diva was moving in with him.

“Oh shut up Byun!” he replied back and lazily took his phone and answered the call. “Yes, Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun, from the computer table, side-eyed him and tried to listen to the conversation. Luhan sighed and told Chanyeol that he couldn’t go for another date tonight since he had some projects to be done. But Chanyeol insisted. He said if Luhan didn’t obey, he would report him right away to Sehun’s family.

Luhan agreed and immediately threw the phone to the bed when the conversation ended.

Baekhyun blinked then asked, “What’s with that weirdo?”

Luhan let out a heavy sigh and leaned his back on the headboard. “He is forcing me to go on a date with him!”

Baekhyun walked over him and sat on the bed. “Should we report him to the police? He is threatening you!”

Luhan shook his head. “No, no. That would add more problems and my head is spinning already! And if we did, he would tell Sehun’s family.”

Baekhyun sighed. His friend could be really stupid at times. “Whatever you say, dumb.”

Luhan glared at him then took his laptop that was on the nightstand and placed it on his lap. “Damn Chanyeol. I still need to finish this…” he muttered and started typing, hoping he could finish it earlier.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took Luhan’s phone to play it. Luhan thought for awhile. He really didn’t want to come because his projects were still waiting to be done. He glanced over Baekhyun, and then smirked a little. “Baek!”

Baekhyun raised a brow at him but his eyes were still fully on the game. “What.”

“Can you come to the date later? Like, replacing me instead?”

Baekhyun instantly looked at him. “And why would I do that?”

Luhan rolled his eyes and crosses his arms. “Please? I need to finish these!”

“And why would you think he wouldn’t be mad?”

Luhan replied, “Because he only dates me out of boredom! He doesn’t like me for real so I don’t see a problem.”

Being a good friend Baekhyun was, he agreed.

 


 

It was six already. Luhan rejected Chanyeol’s offer to pick him up and told him to wait at the cinema. He double-checked the time, making sure Baekhyun still had an hour left.

Baekhyun put on his blue t-shirt with printed starts around the collar and his favorite tight jeans on. He checked himself in the mirror and took his white cap then put it on. “How do I look?”

Luhan tapped his chin and eyed him for a few times. “Why are you wearing those super tight jeans?” Luhan asked.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I only have tight jeans and they cup my round perfectly!”

Luhan glanced at him with curiosity, examining his friend’s face still. “Don’t tell me… you like Chanyeol?!”

Baekhyun snorted. “No! EW, no. I have to look y all the time. Who knows there are some cuties?” Baekhyun said jokingly and Luhan pushed him out of his room.

“Well just go now. Take care!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes for the nth times and muttered, “Ungrateful brat,” before heading out to the said place.

 

Chanyeol waited patiently for Luhan to come but he was nowhere to be seen. Instead, he saw a petite male he knew, standing in front of the popcorn counter. Chanyeol tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder and it made the younger startled.

Baekhyun blinked and then growled, “What!”

Chanyeol chuckled at his reaction. “What are you doing here, Baekhyun-sshi?”

Baekhyun took the popcorn cup and stuffed some into his mouth. “Um, I’m on a date?”

Chanyeol blinked and then smiled a little. “Oh? Where is your date then?”

Baekhyun bit his lips. This was going to be embarrassing, he knew but the brave Baekhyun was still there to answer, “Right in front of me?”

Chanyeol blinked again. He raised his eyebrow. “Me? But I’m on a date with Luhan tonight.”

Baekhyun laughed nervously. “Then where is your date?”

Chanyeol shrugged. “Hasn’t come yet.”

Baekhyun forcefully linked his arm with his and dragged Chanyeol with him. “Then let’s go with me.”

Chanyeol didn’t understand. He tried to understand Baekhyun’s words one by one. Why wasn’t Luhan showing up but instead his friend said he was his date tonight? It was confusing and Chanyeol thought too much. He didn’t realize Baekhyun managed to drag him to theater.

“Where do we sit?”

Chanyeol told him the seats even though he was still confused. Once they sat on their seats and Baekhyun munched his popcorn, Chanyeol asked, “Why did Luhan not come?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Luhan has a project to be done.”

Chanyeol tried to control his breath. He was a little angry at Luhan but he decided to calm down else he would shout at the smaller male. “But I asked him to come, not you.”

Baekhyun felt a pang in his heart. No, it was not because he liked Chanyeol or something but he felt so unwanted. People wanted someone else. Jongin wanted Kyungsoo. Chanyeol wanted Luhan. No one wanted him. ‘You don’t have to rub it on my face,’ Baekhyun said inside.

“Hey look. It’s a very important project. You cannot force him to leave it like that. Do you want him to fail?!” Baekhyun tried to hold his anger back but it seemed impossible. Baekhyun was not a calm person.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “He didn’t tell me that it's important. If he did, I wouldn’t wait for him for an hour and ended up watching this with you.”

That was it. Baekhyun stood up; bringing the jumbo sized popcorn with him and left his seat. He walked out of the theater in a fast pace, not caring if people looked at him weirdly.

He kept his head down as he felt a tear dropped. Jongin was now bothering his mind. He didn’t like the image of Kyungsoo being together with Jongin. He knew it was selfish but he wanted himself to be in Kyungsoo’s place instead. His mind was everywhere right now. He didn’t even know where he was heading and bumped onto someone.

“Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun looked up. It was Jongin. Baekhyun felt his day couldn’t get any worse. He was crying because of his silly crush on Jongin made him so emotional and now he had to meet the person in his crying state.

“H-Hi Jongin…” he said, trying to wipe the tears away.

“Were you crying? Are you? What happened?”

Baekhyun faked a smile. “Nah, just, the movie was sad.”

Jongin didn’t buy it. He was friends with Baekhyun for a few years and even though he wasn’t Baekhyun’s closest friend, he knew it when Baekhyun lied. Baekhyun wasn’t good in lying. “I don’t think it was because of the movie.”

Baekhyun shook his head, stuffing more popcorn into his mouth and started to choke with his tears when he finally cried harder. Jongin sighed and took Baekhyun’s hand to lead him to the mall’s food court.

Baekhyun didn’t say a thing. He just followed Jongin wherever he took him to. But then he saw Kyungsoo, waiting for Jongin. “Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo asked and pulled Baekhyun to sit with him.

Jongin looked over the two and sat across Kyungsoo. He was not good in comforting so he let Kyungsoo do the job. “What happened?”

Baekhyun was supposed to dislike Kyungsoo. But the motherly touch Kyungsoo gave him; he leaned onto Kyungsoo’s shoulder and sobbed a little. Jongin and Kyungsoo didn’t ask him more. He just let Baekhyun cried his heart out first. The problem could be talked later.