Visitors

Gone Insane

 

“Luhan, I want to visit that Sehun kid too.” Baekhyun, one day, finally brought up about the topic to Luhan. Luhan knew there was pretty much a reason behind Baekhyun’s sudden behavior but he did not feel the need to ask why. It wouldn’t affect him in any ways.

Luhan had gone too far and Baekhyun didn’t want him to. Once it fell, it hurt.

“Oh sure,” Luhan replied with a chuckle, not thinking twice. “It’s so weird but you can meet me at 2 okay? I will be waiting in front of the gate,” Luhan added before walking off to the next class. Baekhyun shook his head. He had to know what his best friend had been doing these past months.

 

Baekhyun met up with Luhan after classes, 2 in the noon exactly. Luhan waved to him as Baekhyun was coming from the hallway while Baekhyun just smiled in return. He approached the older. “Let’s go?”

Luhan nodded and leaded the way. It was quiet; Luhan didn’t speak, neither did Baekhyun. Baekhyun was pretty nervous as well, he didn’t know where he suddenly got the nervous feeling from but he knew it wasn’t going to be good. He was sure of it.

“Hello Sehun-ah!” Luhan cheerfully greeted him like always while Baekhyun was giving him a stare.

“Sorry that I came a little late, Sehun,” he added with a pout then caressed Sehun’s cheeks. “You must have had a good sleep,” he mumbled and nodded and threw himself on the sofa at the corner. Baekhyun stepped forward to see Sehun. The first time he saw him was, around two months ago and ever since then, he never visited the pale skinned male.

Baekhyun decided to follow Luhan and sat next to him. He wanted to ask Luhan for a long explanation but he was scared he couldn’t answer the older if he asked what kind of explanation he wanted. He, himself, didn’t exactly know.

But before Baekhyun did ask, Luhan told him instead. “I have a sleepover once, and I usually stay with him when I don’t have any tests the day after.”

Baekhyun just nodded silently as he knew Luhan hadn’t stopped telling. “I kissed his cheek once, it was so soft,” he suddenly remembered about the little peck he stole from Sehun. And Baekhyun didn’t miss how red Luhan’s ear became.

“You know what?” he suddenly turned his full attention to Baekhyun and Baekhyun shrugged. “What?” he asked Luhan.

Luhan let out a small sigh and pouted as he pointed at the lying Sehun on the bed. “Sehun,” he started as he kept his hand pointed to the paler male, “never has anyone visited him. Well, they came in the first week only.”

Baekhyun just made a shape of an ‘o’ with his mouth and nodded his head again, not knowing what to respond. But the scene that he saw next was crazy to him.

Luhan started talking to the ‘sleeping Sehun’.

Baekhyun waited for a few minutes for Luhan to end his chat with Sehun but it didn’t stop until around half an hour. Baekhyun thought he and Luhan needed to talk.

“Hey Luhan, come here.” Baekhyun patted the seat next to him and Luhan nodded. He sat and asked, “Why?”

Baekhyun shook his head, and looked at him. “Listen, Luhan. I-“

The door was slowly opened and it got the boys’ attention right away. They saw an older man, an old lady and a young man who followed behind them.

 

“Oh, may I ask who you are?” the young and tall man asked the two politely. Luhan didn’t know what to answer at first, since it was really a ‘surprise visit’. But fortunately, Baekhyun was smart enough to cover it up. “We are his friends; well we used to hang out together.”

The old woman who looked like at the age of 70s smiled warmly to them and walked up to stand next to Sehun. “Thank you for visiting our Sehun. We are glad to see you here.”

Luhan and Baekhyun smiled slightly to her in return, bowing their heads in manner.

The older man didn’t change the expression he had from the very start he entered the room. He ignored the two and stood next to the old woman.

But the young man that asked them earlier seemed to suspect something from the boys. He raised an eyebrow and approached them who sat around fifty centimeters away from Sehun. “May I talk to you guys for awhile?”

Luhan and Baekhyun shrugged. The young man turned away to lead them outside the room. He waited for Baekhyun to close the door and started to speak up, “I’m Park Chanyeol. First of all, I want to apologize. I’m sorry that I come with this idea but I don’t think I have ever seen you around Sehun’s childhood, neither was in his teen period.”

Baekhyun gulped and Luhan quickly asked, “Who are you to Sehun, if I may ask?”

Chanyeol smiled, almost mockingly and answered, “I’m his closest cousin. I have been with him since we were 5 until now. Everyone knows and now I wonder why you don’t?”

Luhan narrowed his eyes as he didn’t want to lose from the taller. “Oh then, I wonder why you never show up for the past two months. He is in comma and no one visited him, except for me, us.”

Chanyeol nodded in agreement at the fact that he never came. “It was true. I continued my study in Australia and Sehun’s accident happened to be in the same month as my final exams. And then I was graduating. I feel sorry that I couldn’t come but now you should know that you don’t have to lie.”

Luhan could feel his body was tensed. Since they were trapped, Baekhyun decided to admit the truth. “I, or probably we, are actually strangers to Sehun. Sehun probably doesn’t know Luhan, especially me but Luhan does. I’m sorry that it bothers you a lot.”

Chanyeol nodded his head and leaned against the wall. He put his hands inside his trousers’ pockets and cocked his head a little. He then had a little smirk on his face as he said, “Then, how do you know him? If you are going to say that because he is well-known, then I’m going to report you to the police for being such as stalkers.”

Baekhyun quickly stepped forward and said, “Hey, hey, no need to bring polices here.” Baekhyun turned to Luhan, asking for a permission to tell Chanyeol the truth. Luhan didn’t say anything. He had his head lowered and maybe nodding his head a little bit.

“Okay, promise us to keep your mouth shut first,” Baekhyun said sternly and Chanyeol shrugged. “Why would I promise?” Chanyeol challenged and Baekhyun glared at him. Chanyeol chuckled a little, nodding his head to tell him to go on.

“So Luhan and Sehun, um, met when they were in elevator and well Sehun ed him?” Baekhyun stopped when Chanyeol coughed. Luhan didn’t know where to put his red (embarrassed) face anymore.

“And yeah, Luhan was so attached to him and he visited Sehun when we heard the news about him. Now, he always visits Sehun and I think Luhan likes him. There,” he finished.

Chanyeol nodded his head then smirked. “Ah, couldn’t wait to tell Sehun’s dad and grandma.”

Baekhyun raised his brow and shouted, “You promise!”

The tall male laughed and waved his hand. “I’m kidding. But it’s not free, kids.”

Luhan looked up. “Do you want us to… pay?”

Chanyeol shook his head and slung his arm around Luhan. “You are going to be my boyfriend and go on dates with me until Sehun recovers.”