Sneak Peak to the Past

Gone Insane

 

“What?” Luhan asked in disbelief. He was really hoping that he heard it wrong; he was hoping something was wrong with his hearing but what Chanyeol repeated just now seemed to crash his hopes.

“Sehun has a fiancée, that’s why I help you,” Chanyeol mumbled and stared at the younger boy.

Luhan looked up to him. “Help me? What did you even do?! Why did you not tell me?!” Luhan shouted and tried to find more oxygen to fill his lungs, he felt so suffocated.

Chanyeol sighed and calmly explained, “That’s why I asked you to be my date, to be my temporary boyfriend, Luhan. I know you love Sehun but I don’t have the heart to tell you directly so I decided to try to distract you from Sehun. I didn’t know you would find out this soon but I was already expecting this.”

“I’m really sorry, Luhan. I have wanted to tell you but I was waiting for the right time.”

Luhan shook his head and held his head. His body was shaking as he replied, “And you mean distracting me from Sehun is dating you? Like, you are also only playing with me! So what if I forgot Sehun and fell in love with you? That’s just the same, Chanyeol. I will be the one getting hurt eventually.”

Chanyeol really wanted to hug the boy but he didn’t want to be pushed away. He knew he was being a complete jerk. He looked over Luhan who seemed to be wiping his tears and turned his body around. “I will just go home.”

Chanyeol grabbed Luhan’s arm but he yanked his hand away a rather harshly. Chanyeol looked slightly hurt by his action but he still said, “Let me walk you home.”

Luhan shook his head. “No need Chanyeol, no need.”

He started walking but the dizziness got over him. He stopped once in awhile when it got his vision blurry. He could just ask Chanyeol to drive him or at least walk him home since he didn’t really want to faint in the middle of street but the stubbornness was stronger than he thought. He kept on walking, until he couldn’t feel his weight anymore. He just knew he was caught by someone.

 

 

Chanyeol quickly ran to the apartment he once visited. He reached out for Luhan's pocket and got thebkey to open the door. He was glad it was opened immediately. He hurriedly brought Luhan inside, surprising Baekhyun who was in the living room, thinking that it was a robber.

Baekhyun was about to hit the ‘robber’ but soon he realized it was Chanyeol carrying unconscious Luhan. Baekhyun’s eyes got widened and shouted, “What did you do to him?!”

Chanyeol shook his head and mouthed him as he was saying ‘where should I put him?’ and Baekhyun pointed the couch. Chanyeol nodded and placed Luhan down gently and sighed.

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol. “You must be the one at fault.”

Chanyeol sat down on the couch across where Luhan was lying and nodded. “I guess.”

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “Tell me what happened so I can kick your .”

Chanyeol groaned and ruffled his hair, making it messier. “Luhan found out Sehun has a fiancée.”

Baekhyun’s eyes bulged and his mouth was slightly opened. He was about to say something to Chanyeol, or probably yell at him but nothing really came out of his mouth. He was too confused to say anything.

“I was trying to help him to forget Sehun but well…”

“You are stupid,” Baekhyun muttered and threw a pillow at him. Chanyeol sighed again. “No need to repeat it,” he said sarcastically and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Baekhyun’s put his palm on Luhan’s forehead to check the temperature of his body.

“He is burning,” he said, more like to himself, before heading to the bathroom to take some cold water and a small clothe and then sat next to Luhan to put it on his forehead.

Chanyeol watched the two in awe. “You can make a perfect mother or wife,” Chanyeol joked.

Baekhyun thought the glare he sent to Chanyeol got more intense from the previous one. “And you still manage to joke?” Baekhyun asked sarcastically and Chanyeol quickly closed his mouth shut.

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol would bring no good to them. No good at all.

 


 

Chanyeol curled his body under the desk, hiding from a bunch of boys who seemed to be bullies. He sobbed quietly and hugged his knees, thinking about the mean words that were thrown to him earlier.

“You are ugly!”

“Ugly and doesn’t have a father!”

“Yeah his father probably married another woman because your mom made such an ugly son like you!”

Chanyeol shook his head and stuttered to himself, “It is not like that… D-Daddy doesn’t leave mommy…” He kept chanting it to himself nonetheless, it made him cry harder.

Chanyeol probably would never leave the classroom if it wasn’t a certain unfamiliar boy approached him and sat next to him. Chanyeol looked at the boy, not recognizing him. He stopped his sobbing and asked, “Who are you?”

The boy smiled. “I’m Luhan! Why are you crying?” he asked with full of concern.

Chanyeol shook his head and looked down. “T-They said… They said my father left my mother because he was embarrassed of my ugly face…” he muttered.

Luhan shook his head. “No, don’t say that! They know nothing about you. Don’t trust them, okay?”

Chanyeol managed to calm down for a bit. “I-I’m such a crybaby. You are probably younger than me yet you are more mature,” he mumbled to himself.

Luhan nodded. “Yeah, I guess but don’t worry. Mama said things happened to make you stronger!”

Chanyeol smiled a little upon hearing that. “Do you study here? Why do you not wear our uniform?”

Luhan smiled and shook his head. “Oh, my cousin actually brought me here to show me around the school. I don’t study here, I’m just visiting Korea.”

Chanyeol nodded. “Ah, you are not from Korea.”

Luhan grinned. “Yeah, China! Oh, by the way, I have to go now! See you later!”

Chanyeol smiled as he watched the pretty boy walked away. Chanyeol didn’t even have the chance to tell him his name yet. He didn’t even want to put his hopes high in meeting the boy again because it never happened. Luhan never showed up anymore.