Discovered

Gone Insane

 

Luhan checked his wristwatch. It was already eleven and Baekhyun wasn’t home yet. He was worried, totally. Baekhyun didn’t pick up his call either. He was about to call him again, someone rang the doorbell. Luhan threw his phone to the bed and made his way to the door, finding Baekhyun with swollen eyes and Jongin and Kyungsoo were next to him.

Luhan looked confused but Jongin explained before he asked, “I found Baekhyun crying when he made his way out of the cinema and yeah…”

Luhan gasped and quickly pulled Baekhyun in, thanking Jongin and Kyungsoo before slamming the door shut. He held Baekhyun’s arms with both hands and looked at the shorter male. “What happened?”

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled a little. “It’s alright, it doesn’t matter.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Is it because of Jongin and Kyungsoo?”

Baekhyun was silent for a moment before he spoke up, “Maybe, kind of.” He then laughed weakly.

“Or is it because of Chanyeol?! What did he do to you?!” Luhan raised his voice and Baekhyun shook his head. He shrugged Luhan’s hands away and walked to Luhan’s room.

Luhan followed him to the room and took his phone. He was about to dial Chanyeol’s number but Baekhyun stopped him. “Lu, it’s alright. It’s not his fault…”

Luhan looked at the pleading eyes Baekhyun was giving him. He didn’t want to give up at first but then Baekhyun said, “It’s okay… I’m unwanted.”

Luhan shook his head and hugged Baekhyun. Baekhyun was his closest friend he had. Even though he was all sassy and not the perfect friend like in movies and dramas, Baekhyun was always there to help him.

“Ssh Baek, it’s not like that,” Luhan whispered as he Baekhyun’s back. He pushed Baekhyun down to the bed and lay down next to him. “Let’s just sleep.”

 

 

In the next day, after class, Luhan made his way to the hospital. It had been awhile since he visited Sehun and he didn’t forget to bring a new Lisianthus for Sehun. He was hoping that Sehun was sleeping so he could visit him without being nervous and ended up running away.

“I can do it,” Luhan muttered when he entered the elevator. He tapped his foot nervously and waited for the elevator to stop at a certain floor. When it did, he saw Nurse Jessica, going in to the elevator. “Oh my, where have you been, Luhan-sshi!”

She quickly gave Luhan a tight hug. Luhan laughed a little. “I was busy. Well, we can talk later. I have to go first!” he said and walked out of the elevator and waved at Jessica. Jessica smiled and waved back before the door was closed again.

Luhan headed to room he used to visit every day, or at least once two days. He hadn’t come for a visit anymore ever since he talked to Sehun for the first time after his comma. Luhan was a coward.

“Hello?”

Luhan blinked at the voice. It was Sehun calling him. He looked around to make sure there was no one else behind him so he was sure Sehun was calling him. But why was he?

“Um, you keep standing there, looking lost. You can go in.”

Luhan nodded embarrassedly and headed in. He hid the flowers behind his back and stood next to Sehun’s bed. “G-Good evening, Sehun.”

Sehun nodded and peeked over Luhan’s arm to see what was he hiding. “What is that?” he asked. Luhan shook his head and sat down, hands still behind him.

“Come on, what is that?” Sehun repeated and got off from the bed. Luhan got nervous instantly and dropped the Lisianthus he had been holding.

Sehun blinked. “Is that for me?”

Luhan was about to respond but someone interrupts him, a girl around his age to be exact. “Sehun oppa!” the girl exclaimed excitedly. She approached Sehun and put her arm around his and asked, “Did you miss me?”

Luhan blinked in confusion. He was determined to know who the girl was to Sehun.

The girl, who Luhan recognized to be one of the freshmen in his university, stared at Luhan then the flower. “Oh, hey, thank you for bringing the flower for my oppa!” she said and clapped her hands, making Luhan even more confused.

Sehun stared at Luhan before turning his head to the girl and asked, “So you told him to bring those?”

Luhan wanted to say no, it was him but the girl nodded her head innocently. “Yeah! Do you like it?”

Sehun just nodded. “Sure, I guess.”

Luhan wanted to rip the girl’s face but he couldn’t. Who was he here anyway?

“So, Krystal, what are you doing here?” Sehun asked, trying to get away from the girl but she didn’t budge. Luhan rolled his eyes secretly but said nothing. He sat there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

“I just want to visit you!”

Luhan thought it was better if he left so he stood up and bowed to Sehun, saying that he would visit him later. “Good bye,” he mumbled and walked out of the room, leaving a confused Sehun and smirking Krystal.

 

 

Luhan cursed the girl he saw earlier as he made his way to his apartment back. He didn’t know that she knew Sehun. And the moment she called his name, Luhan knew something was going to be bad. He didn’t like Krystal.

He didn’t think it was because of jealousy only but he really didn’t like the girl. ‘She even smirked at me!’ he shouted to himself.

Luhan was thinking and cursing too much till he didn’t realize someone was walking beside him until the person called, “Hey.”

Luhan turned to the person and gasped. “You!”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow. Before he could say anything, Luhan slapped his arm hard. “What the did you do to Baekhyun?!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he remembered the night before. The mention of Baekhyun’s name made him annoyed. “It was your fault.”

Luhan glared at him. “I told you that I had something to do, idiot!”

Chanyeol sighed. “But it was not my fault! I didn’t even know why he left me there. I mean, I didn’t even ask him to leave.”

Luhan sent him another glare. “No matter what, Baekhyun was not the one to be blamed. It must be you who made him cry.”

Chanyeol blinked and tilted his head. “He… cried?”

“Yes! And it was because of you!” Luhan continued to yell at him.

Chanyeol sighed again. He honestly didn’t care about Baekhyun crying but he didn’t like Luhan yelling and shouting at him so he decided to give in and apologize. “Fine, I’m sorry.”

“Oh so sincere,” Luhan mumbled and rolled his eyes.

Chanyeol shook his head and tried to change the topic, “What were you cursing about?”

“It was just; a freshman from my university came to Sehun’s room and hugged his arms. I don’t know, her name was Krystal or something,” Luhan muttered lowly in annoyance.

Chanyeol looked at him in surprise. “Oh, so you met Krystal already…” Chanyeol mumbled.

Luhan looked at him in disbelief. He didn’t know Chanyeol knew about her. Luhan couldn’t help and got even more worried by hearing Chanyeol’s voice.

“Who is she? You know her?”

Chanyeol nodded unsurely before answering, “She is Sehun’s fiancée.”

Luhan didn’t want to discover about this now, at least until his heart was ready.