To Decide

Gone Insane

 

Luhan was bold enough to come in the next day. He was nervous for sure but it didn’t stop him from grabbing the opportunity to meet Sehun. He hurriedly headed to the hospital as soon as his class ended. He held his hand on his chest and exhaled heavily as he stepped into the building.

Luhan pressed the up button and waited patiently for the door to open as he kept trying to keep himself calm. Once the ‘ding’ sound was heard, he looked up to find one of his favorite nurses with a doctor inside the elevator; holding hands.

“Hello!” Luhan smiled and got into the elevator and in no time, Jessica pulled his hand away from the taller male and blushed. “Hey,” she replied.

Luhan chuckled. “Your boyfriend?” Luhan asked and Jessica nodded. “This is Lee Donghae, and Hae, this is Luhan.”

The said male smiled to Luhan and bowed then extended his hand out. “Hello, I’m Donghae.”

Luhan smiled back and took his hand for a handshake. “Nice meeting you, Donghae-sshi. I’m Luhan,” Luhan replied. Jessica smiled and then nudged Luhan on the arm. “So, how is my favorite couple? HunHan?”

Luhan looked away and shook his head. He was not blushing but he was just too shy to talk about it. “Uh, he doesn’t remember me,” Luhan mumbled and it made Jessica gasped. She looked at Luhan in concern. She patted his back. “I’m sure he will, soon.”

Luhan just nodded and gave her a warm smile. That was exactly when the elevator stopped. “I will go first. See you around, Jessica-sshi, Donghae-sshi,” Luhan told them and bowed slightly before heading out of the elevator to Sehun’s room.

He peeked inside and saw that no one other than Sehun himself was there. He sighed in relief. Because if there was someone else with him, it would be pretty troublesome, he thought.

“G-Good afternoon, Sehun-sshi,” Luhan stuttered a bit and the voice made Sehun look up from his magazine. He didn’t smile or anything but only a blank stare was given to Luhan. Luhan tried to act calm and not made a fool of himself in front of his crush.

“How are you feeling?” Luhan asked and Sehun leaned on his pillow, still staring at him. “I’m getting better,” Sehun replied shortly and Luhan just said an awkward ‘oh’ before taking a sit next to his bed.

Sehun observed Luhan’s face more while the younger was looking down to his lap, not knowing what to say next. He was always cheerful around Sehun (yes, when he was still in comma) but he didn’t expect it to be this awkward when Sehun was now awake.

“Ah, Luhan-sshi.”

Luhan really liked it when Sehun pronounced his name but before he could smile to himself, he looked up. “Yeah?” he asked in a soft tone.

“You said I probably do not know you and in fact, I don’t, except for your name of course but my grandma said that you said you were my friend?” Sehun asked and stared at Luhan with full of curiosity.

Luhan didn’t know what to say so he looked down again, biting his lips. He couldn’t just spill the truth to Sehun. He couldn’t embarrass himself in front of the man he liked so much.

“Uh-“

Luhan thanked anyone who called his phone at the moment he was going to speak. It was Baekhyun, calling him to go home faster since he needed to tell him something. Luhan felt like Baekhyun was his savior.

“Ah sorry, my friend is calling. I’m going now.” Luhan bowed slightly and exited the room, leaving the puzzled Sehun who was confused since Luhan just got there.

Sehun shook his head. The stranger had been giving him headache lately.

 


 

“Thanks, Baek, really,” Luhan thanked him as soon as he arrived at his apartment, seeing Baekhyun who was already waiting inside. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “What?”

Luhan shook his head and huffed. “Have I told you that Sehun woke up-“

“What! Really?”

Luhan nodded and took of his shoes then threw them away before running to the couch and fell on it. “Ah!”

Baekhyun shook his head at the childishness. “So, have you talked to him?” Baekhyun asked again and Luhan nodded with a slight pout. “Yeah but he didn’t remember me-“

“Heck?! Wow, dude, that’s such a waste.”

Luhan glared at him and sat up. “Will you stop cutting my words, Byun?”

Baekhyun shrugged and told him to continue. “I’m glad you called me earlier. I mean, what am I supposed to explain to him?!” Luhan pulled his hair in frustration.

Baekhyun sighed and leaned on the couch. “Well, you won’t keep it forever, right?”

Luhan nodded and lied back down again, staring at the ceiling while blowing his bangs. “So, why did you call me?” Luhan asked and saw that Baekhyun’s expression got a little saddened.

“What happened?”

Baekhyun shook his head and hugged the pillow. “J-Jongin has a boyfriend.”

Luhan had his mouth hung opened. Jongin was one of their closest friends and Luhan was the only one to know that Baekhyun secretly liked the tanned male.

Luhan walked up to sit next to Baekhyun and patted his head. “Who is it?”

Baekhyun covered his face to remove the informing tears. Of course he was crying. Baekhyun had liked Jongin for 4 years and he would never notice him.

“K-Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun replied with a shaky tone.

Luhan gasped hearing the name that came out of Baekhyun’s mouth. Kyungsoo was one of the quietest friends they had and he seemed to have the least interaction with Jongin.

“Baekhyun-ah…”

Baekhyun just looked down. He didn’t only hear about Jongin and Kyungsoo were dating but also accidentally saw them making out in the library. When he thought he was going to get the chance to be with Jongin, he realized that he was only giving himself a false hope.