Chapter twelve

A story of a Clown came from the shadow

***

“The legend says, if you meet a man with a clown mask that means you are curse, the curse also brings lots of things that make you suffer and also it will cause your death. The only thing you need to do is to bring back what’s his owns.”

-----

He blinked his eyes as he stare his friends with poker of his face. He furrow an eyebrow of what are they saying about anything. He asked, “What are you guys talking about?” All the looks change glances of each other, they all let out a question of their thoughts. One of his friends respond him with worried tune, “Kwon, you don’t remember anything?” The latter tilt his head then he wiggled his head means no. “Are you sure? Then why are you in the clinic and lying yourself from the bed?” One also of his friend asked, a bit confused of how his friend is a type of knows everything and knows best of anything but he seem different now. Yukwon just sighed, scratching his messy bed hair. It’s already late afternoon after their game from Hanyang University, as it settled. They won the first game, thanks to his older brother who kept his open-mind to his comrades inside the court.

Kyung hold his friend’s shoulder and biting his lower lip. He knew Yukwon, they are like best friends since the day Kyung has a crush on middle school. Kyung got more interested to Yukwon because of his cheery personality and also, his crush has communication with Yukwon so they got along. And since before graduating, Kyung’s crush is now on Japan and he don’t know if his crush will ever come back to Korea. But today, this person is a different Yukwon that he knows. He needed his true friend back of what he is like those days. “Yukwon….” Kyung called out, tears forming to his eyelids. This can’t be his friend, his real friend is different. Yukwon just tilt his head, not sure of what is really going on but he pat Kyung’s head, smiling at him with lots of happiness. Kyung sniffed but his smile is different, this is way different from those previous days that they were get together.

“Kyung…” Yukwon spoke with concern tune from his voice. ‘No, this is not you.’ Kyung thought as he embraced him tightly, “Kwon, this is not you.” Kyung chanted while he is on Yukwon’s shoulder, tears comes out in no time. Ilhoon, Daniel, Peniel and Minhyuk are on the back, patting and comforting crying Kyung. Peniel also realized something, this is seriously different. He glanced to Yukwon who is keeping his smile fresh while comforting Kyung. With his sharp eyes, he saw something from Yukwon’s face. It turned into a clown face?

Peniel widen his eyes when he saw that. He remembered about this kind of myths from his middle school teacher. ‘It can’t be.’ Peniel thought, he observed Yukwon’s face as Kyung finally calm from crying. The clown mask figure is keeping blinking and it’s like blurring at its invisible now. Peniel is trying to recall of what he remembers from this myth.

“There is this legend from Gangwon province, 6 years from now when the incident happened. It’s about a young boy with a mysterious power from his parents. The rumored said that this child was disappeared when he murdered his own family as it become mysterious till now. There is such more things to discover about this story but according to one article that it posted also from 6 years said that.The legend says, if you meet a man with a clown mask that means you are curse, the curse also brings lots of things that make you suffer and also it will cause your death. The only thing you need to do is to bring back what’s his owns.”

“Peniel, what are you thinking?” Peniel shook his head when Ilhoon interrupted his flashback session about this legend. “It’s another thing maybe?” Peniel answered, awkwardly chuckled to Ilhoon. Ilhoon just nodded but didn’t get it and back of what he doing. Peniel looked at Yukwon who is still smiling, with such different smile with Kyung and Minhyuk. ‘Is Yukwon cursed from this legend? The thing is, is this legend is really true?’ Peniel thought about it. When he firstly heared about this story, he just make fun of it with his friends and he is the clown mask child. H can’t believe how these things got to be true. “Kwon, we are going to accompany to a crying Kyung so better rest for awhile and we have classes tomorrow.” Minhyuk announced Yukwon, the latter smiled at them and nodded his head.

Peniel kept his eyes stuck on smiling Yukwon as they walk through the door outside the house of their friend. “I think there is wrong about Yukwon.” Peniel said, tapping his chin observing their friend. Minhyuk and Ilhoon looked at him with confused look at what he said, Minhyuk asked, “W-what are you talking about?” He felt his spine shivered when Peniel’s gazed at him with serious look. Ilhoon and Daniel carefully comforting the crying Kyung that little by little he is calming himself. Peniel make a conclusion so he decided to tell this to his friends.

“Guys, do you know the legend of the disappearance of a child from Gangwon province?”

~~~~~

A/N: Wonder what is happening to kitty D: okay guys, i updated wooohooo~ Sorry guys, i am really focusing on studies now and i have so many things to handle :( i dont know when will i update but i asure you that i will get more inspiration ugh i dont really have much time to read some stories so, my apology. I will work hard and update soon just stay tune ok? :( I'm sorry if i am an awful author.