Chapter one

A story of a Clown came from the shadow

A piece of paper

A horrific afternoon showed from Yukwon’s hands, his eyes are twitching, shaking with his both legs and arms. His sweat just flowing to his forehead, a flick of his thumbs twerk the piece of paper he was holding. A miserable feeling he never felt before, a small sentence just making him tremble with an unknown reason.

The karneval will land to your deepiest and darkness of your shadow, find me.

A written in an Algerian font, the paper seems old and rotten. It’s like almost decades that this paper is never seen. Yukwon just blinked several times to his seat, he put down the piece of paper and looked of his surroundings. He realized his crush was no where in the library, he glanced back to the paper and sighed in disappointance. He was there to look at his crush who is interesting reading about botany and physics. His mission today is to talk to her for the first time, because of her, he likes botany and physics. But as always, his feet is dragging him to the history books and find something random about the world. He don’t know why he is always here, he wants to go to botany or physic books but ended up to his favorite.

With his thin little pupil to his eyes, he saw something below the piece of paper. A small text saying “影” it’s written. Yukwon only do was stare the paper, his forehead is still flowing with little sweat. He is still remain clueless, he just felt something strange inside his body. He don’t know why, he never know what he gotten like this. It’s strange to see this kind of tradegy feelings inside him.

Yukwon fold the piece of paper and stood up to his seat. He closed the book he randomly choose from the history books, and gave it to the librarian for confirmation that he used the book. After the librarian was done, Yukwon hid his both hands to his pocket and walked out to the exit of the library. The librarian fixed her glass. Her looks got attention to Yukwon’s who is walking exit. The librarian just watch him as Yukwon pass the exit door, she showed a curved to her lips. As she get back to her work, she mumbled something to her breathe. “...the light is coming.”

“What did you say, Ms. Librarian?” a student infront of her interrupted her thoughts. The librarian just struggled to her place and sent a smile to the student, the student just pushing the book to her for confirmation. The librarian took the book and put the tag. “Ms. Librarian, uou seem really suspicious today” the student made another word to her. The librarian wants to kick this student outside the library. “Shut up, Woo Jiho saying nonsense sentence. Just go out or I will kick you” With a twitching eyebrow, she became pissed seeing this student again. Jiho just chuckled evily and walked in distance but stopped all of a sudden when he realized that he was about to say something to the librarian.

“Anyway, I realized that you mumbled something to the guy just walked away today” the librarian glanced to Jiho with a curious looked to the young boy. “You said he is the light, what are you saying?” he continued. The librarian just smiled furiously and fixed her glass again. Jiho furrow his eyebrow with a confused look to his face. The librarian just smiled while putting her last catalog to the small cabinet behind her, while fixing everything. She glanced to Jiho with a suspiscious look.

“It’s been 16 years that incident has happened, a person will light to the dark alley to his shadow. You never get me, Jiho if you read the legend about the family of Chuncheon, the family got murdered in a mysterious way. The son of them who’s blamed that he caused of the death. I heared another rumored 6 years ago, 10 years after the incident. The murdered family is haunting down to their disappearance of their child. They said, if you meet a mysterious man with a hidden clown mask. Is him. I don’t even know if it’s true but be careful.” Jiho just left smiling like an idiot, he is leaning to the edge of the exit door. The librarian quick took her stuffs and put inside of her bag. She is now leaving after a long dat of her work, she has a part-time job in other places. When Jiho watched her movements walking straight, she stopped when she is infront of Jiho. She grabbed her glass and hid it to her bag. “The legend is somehow mysterious to our lives. We don’t know if we going to believe it or not but as for the boy who walked earlier. I bet he is like me, he is the same feelings as me. I hope that boy knows the legend of the family. I wish somehow I want to know the real story of this legend” she looked to Jiho who don’t care about anything. She approached the light switch little by little to switch the light off, the young boy just watched her. A looked that a bit surprised of what the librarian told to him. “A shadow will never show up without a light” as her last word to Jiho. He switched off the light and walked away.

“A shadow will never show up without a light…” Jiho repeated himself of the librarian told about it. He saw how dark the library is. He stared on it deeply. As he scratched his hair with frustration, he walked away to the remaining light of the sunset near to the corridor of the building. Without a word, Jiho just stayed quiet as he reached the door and leaving himself to the dark from behind.


A rainy late afternoon came to Yukwon, luckily, he brought his jacket of Chopper and wore it. He is about to go home to his condominium and imbestigate the piece of paper he folded to his pocket. He is to the waiting shield of bus station, he waited for like a half of hour. The bus is still not yet arrived to his place. He feel guilty for not leaving early as possible and find his crush no matter what but its quiet unsuccessful day to him.

The rain poured heavy drops of water to the dark sky, the whole city stay peace and calm with the sound of the rain. Yukwon was sitting again to the waiting shield, his both hands are inside of his pocket and his legs is on four-crossed angle. He watched the street covering with water, the people walking with their umbrella and traffic light flashing to the drivers directions. One man soaked in wet approached the waiting shield, Yukwon glanced to the man. He was wearing a long dark blue coat, a fedora from his head and glasses. The man stared to Yukwon, he take off his hat and glasses to look straightly to Yukwon. He walked infront of Yukwon's sight.

The man just stared at him, looking at him deeply. He spoke, "So, you are the light aih.." he smiled, giving Yukwon shivers down to his spike. "Who are you? And what are you talking about a light?" Yukwon asked, feel a bit uneasy of the man's view. The man kept smiling to him but sighed at the end. He raise his one hand to Yukwon to offer him a greetings.But Yukwon furrow his eyebrow in a deep conclusion of what is the man need to him.

The man showed a cherry look smile and a beautiful face. He remain calm of what he was doing. Yukwon kept glaring the man with unconditional looked. He asked once more, "Who are you and Why are you here?"

The man sighed how stubborn this boy infront of him. He is just greeting himself to the young boy...

"Hello, my name is Ahn Jaehyo, a detective."

 

-_-_-_-_-_-

A/N: Wow! Two votes ahead? Daebak~ thank you~