Sweet Love and A Basketball Game

College With The Boys

 

--Joyce’s POV--
--At the cafeteria after Taemin called Jonghyun--
 
“Do you think this is gonna work?” I asked nervously, twiddling with a napkin on the table, “Key could karate chop the poor boy if he wanted to.” I sighed heavily. Taemin patted my back.
 
“I think we should spy on them,” Onew smirked. I looked at him funny. “I mean, just in case Key does freak out and does something violent, you know?” Minho nodded and I agreed. I led them to our dorm and stopped behind the corner of the hallway to secretly see what was going on.  
 
We had a perfect view of the door to our dorm and we got there right when Jonghyun was looking around for the door key, panicking. “Shhhh, Taemin.” I hushed the boy next to me, squealing in excitement. Onew and Minho were chuckling behind me as well, completely amused by the totally fooled Jonghyun. “If you guys don’t be quiet we’ll all get caught!” We watched intently as Jonghyun practically broke the door down trying to get in. He disappeared from our sight and we listened closely to what was going on.
 
For a while we heard nothing and I almost forgot to breath, feeling extremely nervous. Then we heard mumbling.
 
“Oh! Noona, I think Jjong woke Key now!” Taemin shook my shoulder and whispered to my ear. I strained my neck trying to pick out the words that the voices spoke but I couldn’t hear properly. I could hear Key’s voice escalating and then a BANG against the wall. I almost leaped out in a shriek but Onew clamped his hand over my mouth and Minho held me back. 
 
“Be quiet, Joyce!” Minho yelled quietly, “You’ll ruin our cover!”
 
Onew let go of my mouth, “Minho!  But-”
 
“Just give it a few moments, now be quiet and listen!” He hushed and I sighed irritated. Jonghyun and Key’s voices were now audible and understandable. I could hear Key sobbing and Jonghyun spilling out his apologies and confessions. We all curled our faces together at the cornyness and Taemin giggled at Jonghyuns words. Onew gave us a thumbs up indicating that our plan was working.
 
“..I cant live without you,” was the last we heard from Jonghyun when everything went silent. I gasped.
 
“Oh, I think they kissed, noona!” Taemin shook me, super excited. I was jumping up and down with him and highfiving him cause our plan was a success. Minho and Onew soon joined our excitement and we celebrated, dancing around in the hallway like a bunch of  weirdos. We forgot that Jonghyun and Key were still in there and became completely oblivious, too, wrapped up in our own excitement. I heard the door knob rattling open and I gasped.
 
“They’re coming out!” I yelled at the boys and grabbing Taemin’s hand. “Run, run!” And we ran for the cafeteria. I looked back once and I saw Jonghyun happily carrying Key in his arms like a bride, heading for the opposite direction. To their dorm, I figured. When we arrived we were totally out of breath and laughing hysterically. I collapsed onto the seat of a lunch table and held my stomach.
 
“Oh, that was close,” Minho breathed. Onew slumped over and gasped for air like a fish out of water. Taemin chuckled and bounced around on tip-toes.
 
“Noona, we did good!” he cheered. I nodded in satisfaction. Minho and Onew were snickering next to us about something after we all calmed down.
 
“Hey, what are you two talking about over there?” I quirked an eyebrow up at them.
 
“We’re kind of upset we didn’t bust them,” Minho sighed and crossed his arms, shaking his head sadly.
 
“Eh?!” I gave them a weird expression and Onew nodded. I face-palmed myself when I understood what Minho meant. “At least let them have it this time..” I whispered. I looked over to Taemin who was confused and I carefully said, “I think they need it right now.” Onew and I shuddered at the thought.
 
Taemin crinkled his nose, “You guys always leave me out of these secret conversations, I wanna know too!” he pouted. 
 
I patted his cheek, “Mianhe, Taeminnie, you’re too young to know this stuff.” I laughed at the flustered boy. 
 
“Should we visit them?” Onew perked up.
 
“Not now!” I shrieked.
 
“I know I know!” he put his hands up in defense, “I mean like later. Three hours should be good enough.. don’t you think so?” I pretended to vomit, just thinking about them and what they would be up to now that they’re back together. 
 
“Alright, hyung,” Minho patted his shoulder.
 
Taemin puffed out his cheeks and crossed his arms sadly. I looked over to him curiously, “What’s wrong, Taeminnie?”
 
“I can’t believe Jjong hyung could just forget about me like that!” he pouted, “I mean, what if I was really hurt?” 
 
“Aiigoo,” I chuckled, “Thankfully you arent.” He nodded disappointedly. A thought popped up into my head, “We should make them something! Like a cake!” I shook Minho. “Like a ‘Yay you’re back together!’ cake.”
 
“Yeah, we should!” Onew smiled. We all went happily to Minho and Onew’s dorm and started working on their cake. It took us exactly 3 hours and three tries to get it right. The first try we accidentally left it in the oven too long and it burned, the second try Taemin accidentally dropped the cake on the floor trying to get it out of the oven cause it was too hot and then Onew tripped on it without knowing. We almost gave up on trying to remake it a third time but luckily we successfully pulled it off.
 
I sighed big and smiled, “At last!” Minho nodded and frosted the top diligently. Onew reached for the cake to frost the sides but I stopped his hand, “How about you just sit there with Taemin, okay?” The two boys pouted at me.
 
The clock hit 9:00pm and we all dusted out hands off in relief. Our cake was finished with white frosting and cute little designs that Taemin insisted to draw on the top. We packed up our cake and headed for the couples dorm. Onew picked up a bouquet of roses on our way. “I feel like I’m going on a date.” he chuckled and hugged the small bundle of roses in his arms.
 
“You think they’re done?” Minho whispered with a slight grin. I hit him in the arm, “I’m just kidding, calm down!” he rubbed his arm and pursed his lips. 
 
We walked down the quiet dorm hallway and finally reached Key and Jonghyun’s dorm. We could hear the shower from outside, like it was on blast. “Eh?” I said, disappointed. I pressed an ear against the wall and listened in. My eyes dilated and I jumped back when I heard sort of muffled moans and giggles behind the loud downpour in the shower. I quickly pulled Taemin away from the wall before he could try and listen in on the two like I did.
 
“Noona! I wanna hear too!” he resisted. I shook my head wildly. Onew and Minho’s faces pinched and contorted after hearing what I heard.
 
“They’re still at it!” Minho said disgusted and dumbfounded.. 
 
“Still at what still at what?” Taemin wriggled around in my grip. Minho plopped the cake onto the ground and sat on the floor. Onew followed him and put his bouquet down.
 
I looked at the two curiously, “I thought you’d be busting them by now.”
 
“Im tired,” Onew sighed and puffed his cheeks, picking up his bouquet again and sniffing the petals of flowers with sulked shoulders. 
 
“Same here,” Minho said rubbing and rotating his neck. Taemin and I plopped down next to them and waited a while before finally the pattering sounds of the shower stopped. I groaned and stretched my arms up above me.
 
“Thank God,” I shook my head. Minho and Onew picked up their stuff and knocked on the door irritated.
 
Key answered the door with a big, puffy pink robe wrapped around him. His hair was wet and slightly still dripping and his lips were plump and swollen bright red. My eyes widened when I caught a glimpse at the fresh dark purple bruise on the side of his nape. “Oh! Anyeong!” he chuckled a bit and welcomed us in awkwardly. Their dorm was steamy from the shower and there was a strong aroma of sweet mango body wash.  
 
We stepped inside one by one and I saw Jonghyun lounging on their bed comfortably with the same robe as Keys on, except white. He opened his eyes tiredly and once he caught a glimpse of Taemin he leaped out of bed and ran for the boy.
 
“Ah hyung!” Taemin said shocked as Jonghyun practically tackled him.
 
“Taeminah! Taeminah are you hurt?! Are you still burnt?!” he said panicky as he patted and checked Taemins skin for any burns.
 
“Hyung I’m fine I’m fine!” Taemin defended and pushed the boy off him. He shook himself feeling slightly bothered by Jonghyun touching him all over the place. He took a seat in a bean bag with a pout.
 
“Eh?! Then why’d you tell me you were!” he said irritated. He looked over at me and I pointed to Key with a ‘we-planned-this-to-get-you-back-together-OBVIOUSLY’ look. 
 
“Aish..” he muttered under his breath and Key wrapped his arms around his torso and rested his cheek on his chest. He rubbed his face against the fluffy robe, too tired to worry about what Jonghyun was freaking about.
 
Minho, Onew, and I took seats on the floor as the couple sat themselves in their bed. Key clung onto Jjong like a baby who was afraid of being taken away. 
 
“So you guys are back together, huh?” Minho smirked and leaned back on his palms. Key nodded slowly  with a slight smile and intertwined his fingers with Jjongs. The couple looked exhausted, as expected. Key eyed the bag that Minho was holding and the flowers that Onew clutched.
 
“Oh!” Onew said in between a couple chuckles, “I forgot, these are for you guys.” He smiled cheesily and handed the couple the bouquet of flowers.
 
“And we made you guys a cake!” Minho added in, taking the cake out of the bag and presenting it to the couple. Key pouted a bit when he saw the cake.
 
“Oh my god, Joyce you look horrible,” Key frowned at me and indicated my eye bags. 
 
I nodded with gritted teeth, “Key, what do you expect?” I sighed, “You cried all night, slept only during the day, and Taemin was sick during all of this. Ugh.” I ranted softly. 
 
“I’m sorry,” Key apologized and Jjong comforted him.
 
“So umma! Tell us everything!” Taemin cheered with his hands clasped together and a big grin on his face. 
 
Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “Like you don’t know, you guys set us up!” Key looked at him with big eyes, like he didn’t know himself. Taemin chuckled slyly.
 
“Okay, maybe we did, but hey, shouldn’t you be thanking us?” Onew said exhaustedly. 
 
“Eh?” Key said confused.
 
“We told Jjong that Taemin was hurt so he would come to our dorm,” I explained, “And that’s where he found you and..” I shifted uncomfortably, “You know the rest.”
 
Key pouted and Jonghyun kissed him on the cheek. He sighed and then smiled, “Thank you, guys. I really owe you a lot. I have my yeobo back.” He chuckled and nuzzled his cheek into Jonghyuns arm. 
 
“We’re really happy for you and everything,” Minho started, “But honestly you guys take too long.” he scoffed. Jjong just smirked at us and Key slowly started to turn red.
 
“Yah!” Key said defensively. We celebrated the comeback of Jongkey, eating cake and enjoying ourselves. I felt extremely happy now that Key is smiling again and Jonghyun was back to himself. They really can’t live without each other.
 
Key passed out only half an hour of hanging with us, however. Jjong delicately traced his jaw line with his fingers and smiled at his precious, sleeping treasure. He tucked him under the covers as Key slept deeply. Minho shook his head at the two, “Geez, Jonghyun what did you do to him?” Minho faked a gag.
 
Jonghyun just grinned, ignoring Minho and kissed Key’s temple gently and whispered sweetly to him, “Goodnight, jagiyah. Sweet dreams, I love you.” And he kissed him one more time then turned back around to us. He sort of jumped at the expressions on our faces. We were wide-eyed and everyone was honestly feeling uncomfortable and weirded out. ”What?”
 
“Nothing, its just.. Sort of awkward.” Onew answered him and fed himself another slice of cake.
 
“You would know if you were in love.” he answered back with a huge cheesy smile and his head cocked aside. Taemin and I contorted our faces at the cornyness while Minho and Onew just shook their heads.
 
 
--The next morning, saturday--
 
I woke up groggily to Taemin shaking me in my bed. I felt him jump into it, making the bed sink slightly. I rolled over with a groan as I rubbed my eyes. “Noona! Get up get up!” he said with enthusiasm. I grunted once more and ignored him, grabbing the comforter and pulling it over my head. 
 
“Go away..” I said sleepily. More than anything I wanted was to just sleep as much as I could. I think today was the most I ever slept this whole week..
 
“Noona, its already like 2pm. Get up!” Taemin bugged. He grabbed my comforter and threw it off. I rolled over and suffocated my face into my pillow. I finally gave in to Taemins nagging by sitting up slowly and yawning heavily. He ruffled my hair and rubbed my scalp lightly with the pads of his fingers. 
 
“Geez.. How long did I sleep?” I said half-awake. 
 
Taemin pouted and then chuckled, “Long. Anyways, Minho hyung has a basketball game at three, he invited us!” I just nodded along, not really paying attention. “Noona are you listening?” I just kept nodding until I felt a soft pair of lips slightly brush over my cheek. I jumped with wide eyes, shocked and totally awake now. I felt my face burn hot. Taemin giggled and covered his lips, his cheeks slightly turning pink. “Awake now?”
 
“Taemin-ah! Don’t do that!” I said embarrassed as I smacked his arm lightly.
 
“Hehe, okay okay, just get ready~” He got off my bed and went for a brush to groom his bed hair. I got up after him and opened up my closet, pouting went I looked at its contents. There were only pajamas, my school uniform, and all the girly clothes that Key had bought me, which took up probably 80% of the closet. I was going to go for our couple hoodies, but it was too hot to be wearing a hoodie today.
 
“Taemin-ah.. Can I borrow some clothes? I don’t have any..” I sighed. Taemin nodded happily and handed me a shirt and a pair of boys shorts. I went to the bathroom and changed into them. I came out and sat on my bed as Taemin tended to my hair. He brushed it carefully with pursed lips while humming a sweet tune. I picked up my phone and checked the time, “Oh, Taeminnie its almost 3.” Taemin took his turn to check his phone and he jumped up and grabbed his things.
 
“Common noona, we have to get good seats on the bleachers~” He grabbed my hand giddily and we headed for the door. 
 
We went straight to the outdoor gym. It was a warm, humid day and once we stepped inside the gym it felt even more stuffed up. It was packed with screaming students all wearing our school color, rooting for our basketball team and on the other side were students from the other college. Somehow through all this screaming and cheering I heard Key’s voice boom over everyone elses, calling for Taemin and I. 
 
“Yooohoooo! Taeminnie! Jo!” His voice cheered. I looked up at the bleachers and spotted him instantly. He was jumping up and down with two bright blue pompoms in each hand. Jonghyun was right next to him, half his face painted the same color blue. Onew was there too beside them, sitting on the bleacher and quietly reading a book in all this craziness. He waved at us to come up there with them. Taemin and I ran up the bleachers and met them. 
 
Key hugged us both with a huge smile plastered on his face, “You guys just got here in time! They’re about to start~ They’re just doing warmups! Look at all the boys!” He fangirled and rubbed the pompoms together as he cried out a ‘Wooooooooh!’ at the boys on the court. 
 
“Maybe I should join the basketball team..” Jonghyun muttered under his breath as he sat on the bleachers.
 
Onew popped his head up and leaned over to him and whispered, “You’re too short.” and went back to his book calmly. Jonghyun slapped his arm and rolled his eyes.
 
“Look at all the oppas!” Key swooned and shook his pompoms wildly. Taemin and I sat down while we watched the two teams take turns shooting at the basket and doing warm-up drills. Sweat glistened the boys faces and arms. The first person I spotted was Minho, his tallness giving himself away. He shot the balls into the hoop with such ease and expertise like it was just a stroll in the park. I couldn’t help but squeal and watch him the entire time.
 
Something struck inside me, though, when Minho took a step off the court to meet another man briefly, also in his basketball uniform, but on crutches. I only caught a glimpse of the side of his face, but that was enough to strike a cord inside me. I slightly gasped and jumped to my feet to try and see more of his face, but he disappeared into the crowd where I could not see. Taemin noticed and tugged on my hand, “Noona, whats wrong?”
 
I shook the thoughts inside my head and sat back down, “Its nothing.. Taeminah.”  
 
-------------------
 
OH MY GOD HELLO EVERY HEY HEY HEY IM ALIVE!!!!
i am so sorry i left you guys for like such a long time im so sorry OTL
this was a shock i updated, isnt it? HAHAH I just started the sensation of wanting to write again, and I hope you guys still enjoy my story! school has been craaazy :c so stressful sob
hehe, well anyways, ill get going, thank you everyone, or anyone who still reads my fic! ^^
 
I love reading your comments! please do :D <3