A Broken Wrist and the Truth

College With The Boys

 

--Joyce’s POV--
 
Onew, Minho, and the couple left to get ready for class at their dorms as Taemin and I got ready too. I tied Taemins tie again, I’m going to teach him one day. He decided to curl his hair instead of leave it straight today.
 
“I didn’t know guys carry around curling irons..” I said, but mostly to myself.
 
“Key umma got me this for Christmas,” he smiled, “I love my hair curly!” I laughed. Once he was done, he announced, “TA-DAAAH! How do I look hyung?” he twirled around, showing me a 360 view of his curled hair.
 
“Woah, it looks really good, Taemin-ah.” I said in awe, “Your really good when it comes to hair.” I ran my fingers through a couple of his curls.
 
“Umma taught me all I know about hair,” he giggled, grabbing some hairspray.
 
We finished getting ready and headed for class.
 
I was the most excited for P.E., it was really the only class I could hang out with the boys all together during school hours. Key, Jonghyun, Minho, Taemin, Onew, and I headed out for the gym.
 
We were all having fun playing a warm-up game of volleyball as I smashed the ball over the net, accidentally smashing the ball onto Key’s head.
 
“YAAAAAAAAAH! My HAIR!” he yelped. I gasped and ran over to him, “Aish..!!” he weeped.
 
“Mianhe! Sorry Key!!” I begged, trying fixing his hair. He swatted me away and Jonghyun ran over to him.
 
“Yeoboooo! My HAIR!” Key wailed. Jonghyun just laughed hysterically at us. I sat dumbfounded, I didn’t know what to do to help Key.
 
“Don’t worry about it,” Jonghyun smiled at me and went to the ranting Key to calm him down. I smiled in relief.
 
To my disappointment, the fun only lasted a little while as the P.E teachers separated us into groups. I was put in a group of a bunch of guys I didn’t know, and Onew.
 
Our group was at the far end of the gym where we were gonna be practicing vaulting. I groaned and tugged Onews sleeve, “Onew.. I’m scared of vaulting..”
 
He looked me in the eyes, “Don’t worry about it, if you fall there are mats.” I shook my head. I had always been afraid of vaulting ever since I got slammed into it after trying once in high school.
 
It was my turn in line to jump 1.4 meters. I gulped hard and just wished for my turn to be over. Everyone had jumped successfully before me. “Calm down, you can do it,” Onew whispered in my ear behind me.
 
I ran, approaching the springboard. I successfully sprang up in the air after jumping on it, but I panicked as I flew up, losing control of my body, trying to fly over the vault. My hands stumbled on the top and I felt my wrist crack. I screamed in pain and fell onto the mats.
 
--Onews POV--
 
I watched Jo carefully as he went for his turn to vault. I was nervous for him, he really sounded scared. He went for it, but as he was about to go over the top, he screamed and fell. 
 
I couldn’t see what really happened, but I was the first one to run over to him, he was screaming in pain. I gasped, “Jo! Jo whats wrong? What hurts?” I asked, panicking, “TEACHER!”
 
“My.. AHHH!….. My wrist…!” He weeped, but he wasn’t crying. He just shut his eyes tight, holding in the pain. I carried him as he grasped onto his right wrist, breathing harshly through his gritted teeth.
 
I took him to the nurse and tried calming him down, “It HURTS!” he yelled at me, complaining. I almost found it funny.
 
The nurse checked out his wrist, but he kept yelling out in pain, “You fractured it.” the nurse told him, “Onew, are you with him?” 
 
The nurse knew me quite well, from past experiences with injuries from being so clumsy, “Yep I am. I’ll take him to the hospital, don’t worry about it.” I told the nurse. She nodded and Jo’s wrist was being bandaged, wincing every now and then.
 
I took him to my car and drove him to the hospital, of course we got permission from the school to leave.
 
“You.. Have a car? Onew hyung? And.. You drive?” he asked a little while after during my drive, he sounded nervous, eyeing me carefully.
 
“Mmmhm, calm down, I’m serious when it comes to driving.” I reassured him, he eased himself into the seat, patting his wrist, “Does it hurt?”
 
“So much..” he whispered, “Damn vault…..”
 
We reached the hospital and I took him to the emergency room. I sat in the waiting room outside the room where Jo was getting her wrist casted. I could hear him talking to the doctor inside.
 
I wasn’t particularly interested in their conversion until I heard..
 
“What’s your name?” I heard the doctor asked.
 
“Joyce Kim..” someone whispered back. What the? … I thought Jo was in there, have I got the wrong room? I stood up and peeked inside the room through the small see-through window. There I saw Jo sitting on a chair, a doctor next to him wrapping up his wrist. 
 
The something hit me.
 
DAEBAK!
 
--Flashback to this morning--
--Onews POV--
 
I gave up on attacking Minho and sat down, frustrated at him. I watched Jo as he watched the lovey dovey couple in bed, waking up. She left to go into the bathroom as Taemin came out, blow drying his hair.
 
I got up and sat on Jo’s bed, checking out the stuff he had, a couple textbooks, notebooks, stuff. Then I noticed a picture next to his pillow. Huh?
 
I picked it up and saw three smiling people. A mother, a father, and inbetween them was a girl. A beautiful girl, she had long, wavy hair, wearing a flowery dress. I flipped it over to the back and there was a message.
 
To our dearest daughter Joyce, 
We love you, may our memories last forever.
--Mom and Dad
 
I raised an eyebrow in question and looked back at the picture. I studied the girls face, shocked how it looked almost exactly like Jo.. As a matter of fact, they were pretty much identical.
 
I put back the picture under her pillow quickly when I heard Taemin behind me, trying to get my attention. I didn’t mention what I had seen to any of the others, it was too weird.
 
--End of Flashback--
 
I started repeating ‘Jo Yisuh’ and ‘Joyce’ in my head to see if there was a connection.
 
DAEBAK DAEBAK DAEBAK!
 
I jumped up and down at my discovery, I was now for certain that this Jo Yisuh was indeed a girl. I attracted a lot of attention in the waiting area, but I ignored the stares. Then ‘Jo’ came out of the room looking at me like I was a freak, “Stop it, hyung, you’re embarrassing..” he whispered to me, tugging on my arm.
 
I quieted down and tried not to explode into excitement again, I pretended I didn’t know his secret, “Jo, hows your wrist?” I asked, smiling.
 
“All better, hyung.” Jo answered, pointing to the blue cast. She’s pretty good at hiding the fact she’s a girl. But wait, maybe I’m just getting over my head, maybe that girl in the picture I saw was a twin. 
 
I knew I had to confront him.. Or her.
 
We got into my car and I finally spoke up as I started the engine.
 
“Jo.. Can you be honest with me?” I started. 
 
He looked really nervous, “Uh.. of course.. Hyung.” 
 
I looked him in the eyes, “You really aren’t a guy, are you?”
 
He gasped and froze in his seat, his eyes trembled. He looked down, ashamed, then after a while he whispered, “Yes...”
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
GASP~ ONEW KNOWS! Oh my oh my, ;) 
How do you think he's going to react?
Will the others find out, too? ~Find out in the next chapter! ^^ Comment! <3