Chapter 3

Your reminiscences

Chapter 3:

Dongwan startled as he dropped the book from his hands and lifted his head, hurrying towards the door where Minwoo was standing like a statue of some kind. Dongwan gasped and tried to come up with anything, noticing that it was not going to happen.

 

“I’ll repeat.” Minwoo said seriously. “What are you doing in here?”

 

Dongwan gulped once, twice as he took the diary from the floor and put it onto the desk. His eyes landed to the photos on the wall before he properly turned to look at Minwoo.

 

“I’m sorry,” Dongwan apologized. “I’ll leave immediately.”

 

“My room is forbidden area. Remember that Dongwan.”  

 

Minwoo glared at the man, giving space for him to exit the room. When he heard that Dongwan closed the door of his room, Minwoo collapsed to the bed and heaved a sigh. Why he still had those pictures on his walls? He didn’t feel anything towards Dongwan anymore and if he did feel something it was pure admiration because the way he has been positive about everything.

 

Even towards Minwoo.

 

Though he thanked god that Dongwan didn’t remember him, something inside his body told him that, yes, he really wanted him to remember. He wanted to be hated by Dongwan. He deserved it. He didn’t deserve clueless Dongwan who smiled to him and spoke to him.

 

Maybe that really was a punishment.

 

Since it hurt so freaking much.

 

“Dongwan ah?” Minwoo heard Hyesung’s voice as he walked towards the door of his room and he pressed his ear onto it. “Are you crying?”

 

Something pained Minwoo even more as he heard that.

 

“No,” the faint (and obviously trembling) voice said.

 

Minwoo fisted his hand around the door handle.

 

“I’m here if you need something Wannie,” Hyesung whispered and when Minwoo sensed that he had walked off, he cracked the door and saw the ‘keep out’ sign hanging on Dongwan’s door. He sighed and got back into his room.

 

Yes, that was a punishment enough.

 

 

Dongwan exited his room after a while. Although he had cried for a couple of hours, he had no idea why he had cried. Only thing he knew is that it had helped him, a lot. He walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge when he heard someone having a monologue. He sneaked behind the wall and saw the TV being switched on but no one watching it.

 

Pouting disappointed, Dongwan marched into the living room to switch the machine off. When he turned around he startled as he noticed the figure lying on the sofa, eyes closed, and the remote controller in his embrace. Dongwan stopped on his track and sighed as he advanced the man and watched his rising chest.

 

Dongwan pulled the blanket from the other chair and placed it onto Minwoo (yup, it was him) while staring at him for a while.

 

Why did he feel like that? Like they had known forever? Well, apparently they had but Dongwan just didn’t remember it. He could feel it though. He had a feeling that Minwoo meant a lot to him and that he was more than just important to him.

 

All those feelings were mixed and suffocated by the emotions of being disappointed, sad and absolutely inconsolable. Dongwan frowned as he forgot Minwoo for a minute and stared at the emptiness in front of him. His life must’ve been disastrous, filled with sadness and regret.

 

That gave Dongwan second thoughts.

 

Did he really want to remember what happened before he got to the accident? Was he ready to know why he had forgotten Minwoo? And what if he got his memory back, would his life get back to what it was then?

 

A sigh escaped from his mouth.

 

Either way, he was nonetheless going to get hurt.

 

 

Minwoo walked into the kitchen after he had woken up from the couch to which he didn’t remember to fall asleep to. Anyways, he stepped into the steamy and extremely great smelling kitchen and advanced the table that was placed in the middle of the room while Andy was cutting veggies, Junjin was stirring them, Hyesung was making the table and Eric was doing what he usually did on the mornings, coffee that is.

 

“Morning, Minwoo hyung!” Junjin greeted.

 

“Where’s Dongwan?” The said man asked.

 

“Still sleeping. I guess he stayed up late last night.” Hyesung answered nonchalantly. “Don’t worry about him.”

 

Minwoo tsked. “I’m not worrying about him. I was just asking.”

 

Eric snorted while pouring hot and black stuff into six cups. “Why the frown?” he questioned, looking over his shoulder.

 

Minwoo gritted his teeth and didn’t answer. The maknaes were quiet, still preparing the breakfast as Dongwan entered the room and noticed Minwoo sitting at the table. Feeling how his heart rate rose from 89 to 130, he walked towards the table and pulled out a chair to which he then sat down and tried not to look at the man.

 

“How’s the ‘remembrance’?” Andy interrogated when he placed the pan next to the table and sat down. “Any news?”

 

Dongwan shook his head and started to munch some bread that was on a basket in front of him.

 

“The same old, Andy ya,” He mumbled. “But I am trying.”

 

Everyone nodded and watched the man slowly eating the roll.

 

“Wan ah,” Hyesung murmured. “You have us…you can always ask us anything.”

 

“I know, Sung ah,” Dongwan smiled. “And actually, I have a one question already.”

 

All of the members leaned closer to hear the question, as Dongwan lifted his elbows to the wooden cover and cleared his throat nervously, glancing at all of them, except Minwoo, and asked, “Why…why did I get into an accident?”

 

Minwoo cringed.

 

Junjin bowed his head with the other maknae.

 

Eric shared a glance with Hyesung and Dongwan anticipated the answer.

 

“Because…you were angry.” Minwoo replied. “With me…”