Chapter 6

Your reminiscences

Chapter 6:

Dongwan walked into the kitchen and when he noticed Minwoo behind the table, he halted his steps. He remembered the night when he had fallen in love with Minwoo. He did remember it vividly. Dongwan plodded towards the table and sat down, eyes fixed to Minwoo, who was staring at him as seriously as he was. It was like they had a mental fight that no one saw going on. Not sure if Dongwan was trying to kill Minwoo or just get inside his head when he leaned on the table and his eyes drowned into Minwoo’s.

 

“Stop having eye on our table and start eating,” Eric suddenly butted in.

 

“What?” Minwoo and Dongwan exclaimed in unison.

 

“I said that ‘stop having eye on our table and start eating’.” The leader repeated nonchalantly, adjusting the things on the table. “Or if that ain’t eye , what is it?”

 

Dongwan became so red that he couldn’t say a word. Minwoo tried to say something but his mouth couldn’t turn his utterings to words and that came out like this, “Umm…kpkviowngehcna….iaxaseafhvnibvruiw.”

 

Preventing a laugh, Eric nodded and sat down next to Andy and Hyesung.

 

“Eat well everyone.”

 

Rest of the members had ongoing conversation going on while Dongwan tried to eat as fast as he could to get out of the agonizing and seriously hot room. When he had emptied his plate, he ran to the sink, washed it and ran out of the kitchen, thanking from the delicious meal.

 

“That was embarrassing!” Dongwan gasped on his bed, pillow on top of his head as he screamed.

 

When he got up to a sitting position, he grabbed his guitar and trailed his finger on the engraving. Dongwan was at the end of the sentence, when his eyes went shut and his whole body came softer and lighter. Once again he was in front of their dorm room, staring at the bench with wide eyes, confusion rising inside him.

 

“Dongwan ah,” Minwoo said.

 

“Yes? What is it Minwoo ya?” Dongwan interrogated.

 

“I…I have something to give to you.” Older man answered, turning his body so he’d see the other one. “If you don’t mind.”

 

Dongwan blinked his eyes while shaking his head. “I don’t mind Minwoo ya,”

 

The main dancer flashed a shy smile, as he walked back to the dorm house and left Dongwan alone for a while. Minutes later he came back, holding a case in his hands. When he stepped next to Dongwan, the other one gasped.

 

“Minwoo!”

 

“Happy birthday, Dongwan ah.”

 

Dongwan was speechless, blushing and his hands were shaking as he took the case from Minwoo.

 

“I’ll engrave it later.” Minwoo stated, pouting and being all red.

 

Dongwan wanted to cry but all he did was smile and--

 

Dongwan opened his eyes and stared at the wall in front of him. His sight was pierced to it as his left hand held the guitar tightly. The dream had cut. He hadn’t seen the rest of it and that made him bemused. What happened after that? What did he want to do? Dongwan lifted the guitar onto his lap and the light hit the special place again. He took his free hand and trailed it through the engraving.

 

“Minwoo ya,” he murmured, tears coming out of his eyes.

 

 

 Minwoo wanted to do nothing. He had no mood for anything. He just wanted to...be! He was too annoyed to move and too tired to speak so he just lied on the couch and watched some tv with Eric and the maknaes. Time to time his thoughts flew somewhere else than to the show they were watching when Hyesung entered the living room, wearing a frown between his eyebrows. Minwoo and the others looked at him confused.

 

“Why are you frowning?” They asked in unison.

 

“Dongwan was crying again.” Hyesung replied seriously.

 

“What?!” Minwoo got to a sitting position, lifting his head from Eric’s lap.

 

“Yeah,” Hyesung slumped down onto his chair. “And when I asked why, he said he remembered something.”

 

Minwoo blinked his eyes as he got fully off of the sofa.

 

“Don’t go there.” Hyesung warned. “He said he doesn’t want to see anyone now since he’s playing his guitar.”

 

The sad glitter in Minwoo’s eyes disappeared when the man sat down and sighed.

 

“He’s playing your guitar Minwoo.” Hyesung mumbled. “So that means, he definitely recalls something.”

 

 

Dongwan walked out of his room after playing for couple of hours. He had tried to come up with a song that described his feelings but it was surprisingly difficult. He wiped his wet cheeks when he advanced the kitchen and opened the fridge when he heard noise coming out of the kitchen.

 

“Amy ya,”

 

Dongwan frowned.

 

“I know I bailed on you rudely, but…I just felt like I was needed at home.” Minwoo assured.

 

The frown between Dongwan’s brows deepened.

 

“Don’t say that…” Minwoo shook his head. “He means a lot to me. He is a member…friend…”

 

Dongwan was pretty sure that Minwoo was talking about him. There was no choice that it was Eric, Hyesung, Junjin or Andy, though the man pretty much harassed the poor maknae whenever he had the chance. He peaked properly out of the door and listened some more.

 

“Amy, you’re being mean. I want you to know that I’ll help him to gain his memories back. Yes, I may sound idiotic and no, I haven’t thought about this through but…Amy, I feel like helping him.” Minwoo explained.

 

Dongwan felt his heartbeat increasing.

 

“Yeah,” Minwoo smiled cutely. “I love you too. Bye~~~!”

 

When Dongwan saw that Minwoo was walking towards the kitchen, he took steps back, not really looking where he was going, when he hit the table and dropped come plates and utensils to the floor, making them tingle when they met the floor. Minwoo banged the door open and stared at the shocked and totally frightened Dongwan who froze immediately as he crossed his arms on his chest and said, “Were you spying on me?”

 

Dongwan shook his head fiercely. “No! I wasn’t spying on you, I swear. I was having a drink and then I heard a voice and decided not to bother but then I accidentally peaked through the door and saw you and you were talking to someone and then I think I heard you mentioning me and I just didn’t know what to do and you…you…I’m sorry.” He blabbered as the tears drained from his eyes again and Minwoo was totally shaken. “I’m sorry Minwoo-sshi,”

 

The main dancer couldn’t utter a word as he just looked at Dongwan.

 

“I’m going to bed now. Good night.”

 

“Wait!” Minwoo shouted softly.

 

Dongwan halted his steps but didn’t turn around until Minwoo grabbed his wrist and made him turn.

 

“Why are you crying? Because of me?”

 

Dongwan shrugged. “I don’t know, Minwoo-sshi. I just…just…have this sort of a feeling that I should cry when I…I see and think of you.” He murmured.

 

Minwoo opened his mouth but said nothing.

“Minwoo-sshi, I don’t know why but I really feel like you really meant a lot to me. I…I…I’d really love to remember you…Minwoo ya.”

 

Older man blinked his eyes in confusion for a moment before he flashed a smile that was able to make Dongwan blush. That was kinda cute and Minwoo just wanted to pinch those high cheekbones and hear a giggle coming out of Dongwan’s mouth before he let his wrist go and lifted his hand to wipe off the tears that still fell from the younger man’s eyes.

 

“I promise to help you, Dongwan ah,” Minwoo whispered. “But, please, please, don’t cry anymore.”

 

“Why?” Dongwan questioned.

 

“I can’t stand it…I can’t stand it if you cry because of me. So, please, don’t cry.”

 

Dongwan became flustered as Minwoo’s finger his cheek even though the tears had been wiped off. Minwoo’s eyes pierced into his and only that managed to make Dongwan’s heartbeat increase.

 

“I…I promise Minwoo.” He murmured eyes closed.

 

When Minwoo’s phone rang again, they both startled and came back to reality. Minwoo returned to the living room and once again a huge fight was heard as soon as he had said ‘Amy’ into the phone. Dongwan sighed and held his chest, trying to decrease his heartbeat.

 

 

It was once again the time for Shinhwa members to practice. It wasn’t as difficult as last time since Hyesung and Dongwan had learned the dances almost thoroughly with the help of Minwoo and Junjin. So this time there was time for fooling around too.

 

Dongwan and Eric were doing funny dances while Hyesung was trying to keep his cool not to laugh and prevent childish Andy to join. Junjin was a goner because Eric was so amazing at persuading and coaxing the other maknae. Minwoo just laughed and slowly he was fooling around with the others, and videotaped by the crew of other dancers and choreographers.

 

“You can’t do it as well as I can!” Dongwan exclaimed while doing a funny move in front of Eric who was totally jealous.

 

“I can try!” the leader shouted.

 

“DO IT!” Dongwan yelled.

 

Laughing their eyes out, Minwoo and Junjin followed what Dongwan did and watched how their tall leader tried the same failing. The main dancer moved in front of Eric and said, “I’ll do it.”

 

Eric crossed his arms and stared dumbfounded how Minwoo managed to do the movement. Dongwan smiled proudly when suddenly Eric pushed Minwoo annoyed and the dancer stumbled forward, colliding with Dongwan who fell, Minwoo following him. They groaned, rubbed their hurting places, Dongwan lifting his head and Minwoo bowing his when they opened their eyes and became frozen.

 

How on earth did it happen that Minwoo’s lips were on top of Dongwan’s?!