Chapter 2

Your reminiscences

Chapter2:

Minwoo moved to the chair behind him and collapsed onto it when Dongwan hugged all of the others in turns. Eric had a frown between his eyebrows as he answered to the tight and eager hug.

“Aren’t you suffering from amnesia?” He questioned.

Dongwan blinked his eyes in confusion.

“Yeah, Minwoo told us that you don’t remember us.” Andy said bewildered. “But you seem fine hyung.”

Hyesung and Junjin nodded to those statements and patted Dongwan’s hands while Minwoo couldn’t utter a word. Dongwan had amnesia…but he only had forgotten Minwoo? That was bull! How come someone could forget someone he used to be in love with? How come someone can forget his best friend? Minwoo tsked and crossed his arms.

“I’m Shinhwa’s vocalist, witty guy, Kim Dongwan.” said the patient proudly.

Eric turned to look at Minwoo and then the man on the bed.

“Who is he?” He interrogated just in case.

Dongwan shrugged. “Minwoo-sshi, my friend. At least that is what I think.”

Andy sighed and shook his head unnoticeably.

“You don’t know that,” Hyesung tightened his grip on Dongwan’s hand.

“What?”

“He’s our main dancer and also a vocalist.”

Dongwan couldn’t believe what he heard. He just glared at Minwoo and felt how his heart beat faster. That made him feel nauseous and hurting. You’d think that when your heart beats like that you’re in love. That may have been the case. But Dongwan felt that behind those beats, there was pain. And the pain rose every time Minwoo answered to his eye contact.

“Shinhwa has six members hyung.” Junjin explained. “Four hyungs and two maknaes.”

“Yeah and six minus one is zero.” Eric replied. “That is what Shinhwa Changjos say.”

Dongwan frowned. “What happened to me?” he asked.

“You were hit by a car.” Minwoo butted in.

“Why?”

“You were cross…about something.” Hyesung said not telling the entire truth. “And before we knew, we were informed that you’re here.”

The vocalist bowed his head and fisted his hand, creasing the fabric from the blanket.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“Why?”

“That I can’t remember Minwoo.” Dongwan murmured. “I’m sorry.”

Minwoo kicked a pebble when he was walking towards the dorm. But before he was even near the building, he stopped on a pathway and sat down to a bench while digging his back pocket. He pulled a picture out of it and eyed it in silence.

That picture had been in Dongwan’s wallet. That particular photo had been there when he had gotten into an accident. Or then Dongwan had held it and hadn’t noticed the advancing car.

Minwoo sighed as he wiped the picture of them slowly.

“Why did I let my feelings towards you subside?” He asked out loud. “Why, from all the people, I hurt you and made you forget?”

“OPPA!”

Minwoo lifted his head and put on a smile when he saw Amy coming closer. She had white shorts and a pink t-shirt on. Of course she never forgot to put on that stupid hat that she loved from her whole heart.

“Amy ya,” Minwoo greeted her and welcomed her into his embrace. “How’re things with you?”

“I’m fine, oppa.” Amy answered. “What about you?”

Minwoo sighed. “Dongwan…has amnesia.”

Amy gasped. “Really?”

The man nodded and placed his head onto her shoulder.

“He’s going to be fine.” Minwoo mumbled, trying to convince himself not Amy.

“Yes, he is. Don’t worry about him. Dongwan’s strong.” She said. “Especially since you dumbed him because of me.”

Minwoo felt his chest clenching to that.

“Dongwan oppa is strong.” Amy whispered as she pecked Minwoo’s cheek.

The man slid the photo into his pocket and sighed.

What if the accident was meant to be?

Hyesung and Eric brought Dongwan home. Well, to the dorm but that was a home for the Shinhwa members. Andy was playing games with the other maknae Junjin, when Dongwan stepped into the living room and felt like he was back at home. He walked towards the bookshelf and looked at the pictures that had all the six of them neatly standing next to each other.

It was true.

Minwoo was part of Shinhwa.

“Where is Minwoo-sshi?” Dongwan asked.

“Oh,” Hyesung walked out of the kitchen. “He’s with his girlfriend.”

Girlfriend, though Dongwan, feeling his head spinning around.

“Minwoo-sshi has a girlfriend?” he said.

“Yup, they’ve dated since…” Eric widened his eyes. “Since…umm…the day…”

“Since the day you got to an accident.” Andy helped his hyung.

Dongwan nodded but somehow he felt a bit skeptical, like they were lying to him. Junjin seemed bemused since Andy pressed the pause button and moved in front of Dongwan who blinked his eyes.

“Don’t think about it hyung.” Andy smiled. “You need to recover.”

Dongwan grinned from ear to ear as he got his back bag and went to the room area. Eric hurried next to him and said, “Oh, try to remember that don’t ever, ever, go to Minwoo’s room. He’d kill you.”

The witty guy nodded slowly and gulped as he walked through the corridor to his room. But in a halfway, he stopped and felt how the intrigue grew inside him and made him turn around to face the door of Minwoo’s room.

He had been in there before.

He recalled it.

Dongwan sneaked into Minwoo’s room though the leader had said not to. Whatever Eric thought Minwoo hid there wasn’t inconvenient in that case. But he was just so damn interested. The feng shui Dongwan had gotten from the door was weird as if it had told him to go in.

He didn’t listen to the rational self-consciousness but the mean other side of him that told him to go further into the room and scrutinize it.

Dongwan did and he wasn’t surprised.

There was nothing interesting.

Only pictures of him and music stuff.

Wait…

Pictures of him?

Of Dongwan?

The said man gasped. The walls were painted of photos of him and his smiles, frowns, laughs and cries. Dongwan blushed and smiled as he moved next to a table that had a book on it. When he switched on the light, he noticed that it said diary.

Do not touch.

Dongwan knew that it was private and didn’t have the heart to open it so he just tapped it lightly and moved off but he must’ve moved clumsily since the book fell from the table and landed to the floor, opened from the middle.

Dongwan grabbed it gently from the floor and turned it around so he could close it but then a name caught his attention and he decided that a peak wouldn’t kill anyone.

‘November the 3rd, 1997:

I met Dongwan. I met our third vocalist and he’s cute.’

Dongwan felt his ears burning and heart beating when the corridor light got covered and someone stood at the door.

“What are you doing?”