Chapter 4: Mr. Choi

When I met Mr. Simple ^_^

 

At that moment, my life was basically over. It felt as if my heart shrank, everything around me had frozen and all I could hear was my heat beat. It was the day that I wish would never come. I was so deep in thought that everything around me was neglected. I slowly dragged my feet towards the door and again… I bumped into something…AGAIN!

I slowly looked up to see that Siwon… I mean Mr. Choi was standing in front of me.

 

“Eun Joo, are you okay? You seem a bit out of this world.” He looked so worried and caring. How come I never saw this side of him before? It’s like he’s a completely different person. He slowly raised his hands and cupped my face. He lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him. His eyes…. All I could see was his eyes looking into mine, trying to find something. I couldn’t help it but feel a bit emotional. And at that very moment, I felt a warm tear roll down on my right cheek. 

 

 

Siwon POV:

 

“Eun Joo, are you okay? You seem a bit out of this world.” I couldn’t help it but worry about her…again. Just after what she said to me, she looked a bit you know… frightened. I do admit that she does get pushed around by people who work in this office, but she had never looked so scared in the entire time that I’ve known her. She would always try to keep a straight face, but what Donghae did might have been a bit too much for her. I’ve tried so hard not to care too much about my workers, especially Eun Joo. I’ve always had to be extra cautious with her.  But Maybe, just maybe I could forget the role of being her boss just for a while. That wouldn’t hurt right?

 

I couldn’t watch her in such a state. She couldn’t even look at me. Her gaze remained on the ground and I could sense what she was thinking. Without even thinking twice, I lifted my hands and cupped her face. I could feel her tense up by the touch, but for now, I wanted her to look at me. Even for just five seconds. I lifted her chin up and looked in her eyes; so sad, yet so beautiful.

 

I could see tears build up in her eyes. Then finally, the tear came out running down her pale pink cheeks. Right then and there, I could feel my heart feel heavy with every tear that came running out.  I just kept on looking right in her eyes; for some reason I felt like I could read her like a book. Without my permission, a tear came running down my cheeks. Oh no, this is not happening.  What kind of man will she think I am?

 

End of Siwon POV

 

Eun Joo POV

 

Oh, no… I couldn’t believe my eyes. Was he going to cry? I was so surprised at that moment. I didn’t know what to do, how to react. All I could do was widen my eyes in surprise. After all, what could a nobody like me do??

 

“Sajang-nim.” With that I quickly raised my right hand and wiped his tear away.  That was the least I could do for him. Besides, I was going to be released soon, so that kind of skin contact wouldn’t hurt…right??

 

WRONG…. *What the hell Eun Joo?! He’s still your boss.*

“I’m sorry sir… I-“ I didn’t know what to do now. I couldn’t stop my mind from spinning. Oh no, what had I done? I should’ve not touched him. I shouldn’t have let my weak side appear in front of him. I couldn’t help it but let my anxiety take over my body. I was so scared of what would happen to me now. I could feel the room getting colder. I could feel the wind brush against my skin, leaving me covered with goose bumps.

 

*Wait, wind??* Yes, I could feel the wind coming in, but where from? I looked around the room. There seemed not to be any open windows anywhere. I looked behind him, but no, the door was closed. The room was quiet and dark and only a few bits of the sun light could be seen through the big window on the left side of his room. The window was covered well with nice and luxurious Purple blinds. The flowers placed on a table next to it were as still as a rock, so why did I feel so cold?  To make it worse, Siwon was just standing there. He had not moved an inch. He was still looking at me with the same look on his face and that made me even more scared.

 

“Sir, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to do that just then. Jeongmal mianhabnida sajang-nim.” I took a step back and bowed, hoping that nothing worse could happen. He took a step forward and reached for my arm, in which he seemed to react to weirdly.

 

“Eun Joo… what’s wrong with you?? Your skin is so cold.”

 

“Ne?? Oh, I-“

 

“No, don’t say anymore. Come take a sit there and wait.” He motioned me toward a REALLY BIG Purple sofa right near his desk. *Man this guy must like purple… wait,* Wasn’t he supposed to fire me already?.

 

“Nicole, can you please tell Dr. Oh to come in my office now. Tell him I have a sick patient waiting.” Wait, what??  He quickly got up from his chair and sat right next to me. What the hell was happening to him? He was acting so abnormal.

 

“Sir, are you okay? “ I lifted my hand to feel his fore head, and it was fine. Just then, I realised what I had done…AGAIN.

“ Sorry sir. I didn’-“

 

“Not me, but you. You’re not okay. He’s coming in to check on you. You’ve got goose bumps even though it’s like 30 degrees in here.”

 

“Sir, I’m fine. I do not need any-“

 

“No, you’re not fine. You just sit there and wait. And no buts; I am the boss here. Now, what kind of tea do you drink? We should get your warmed up a bit.”

 

“It’s okay sir. I don’t –“

“Ok, green tea it is. Just wait a sec.” He stood up and left the room, leaving me all confused and unsure of what just happened. I couldn’t help it but blush a little for his kind gestures. He just made me feel better, somehow. He even made me forget about losing my jo-…

*Aish, what should I do now?  Thank you brainy for reminding me of that stupid issue.* I could feel the room getting colder again. I seriously didn’t know what was wrong with me. Just then I heard a knock on the door and in came a very tall guy wearing white clothes, who seemed a bit more tanned   and younger than Donghae. And of course, I stood up and greeted him properly and then sat back down. *Why and I shivering?*

 

“So, where is Mr. Choi?” The young male asked.

 

“He just went to get something, he’ll be back soon. Please take a sit sir.”

 

“Ok, and who are-“

 

“Dongsaeng again?  When did you get here? He’s not available again?” And then Siwon came in with 2 cups in his hands. Those two seemed to know each other so well.

 

“Oh, Hey. Yeah, Dr. Oh is busy… again. You should just hire me and not him. So who’s the patient? “

 

“Maybe, haha. Now, let’s go straight to business, as usual. Here, she’s Eun Joo. Now this is the time to use your degree; show me what you got.”  The doctor took some kind of tests. I seriously didn’t know what he was doing because I didn’t have the energy to pay attention. I could barely hear what he was saying.

 

“Miss Eun Joo needs to get some rest and …” And I didn’t hear whatever it is he said after that. Although my eyes were open, I felt like I was sleeping. Sleeping with your eyes open; how scary is that.

 

“Eun Joo…. Eun Joo-ah”

 

“Ah, YES?”

 

“Don’t worry doctor. I’ll take care of the rest.” The doctor stood up and left, and of course I stood up and said goodbye in a respectful way. Then my body just slumbered back down to the couch. I felt as if all my energy had ran out. Just then I realised I was in Mr. Choi’s office. I tried to get up and stay up, but my body wouldn’t allow it.

 

“Sorry sir. I just feel a bit weak.”

 

“Just a bit?? As if. Here, drink you tea and have some rest over there. I’ll finish my work and then take you home.” He walked back to his desk and it took me some time to realise what he’d just said.

 

“Sir, what?? You know I can’t do that. I’ll just catch the bus from nearby.”

 

“You think I’m going to let a sick person catch a bus home, under my watch?? What kind of man would I be? And why are you arguing with your boss??” All I could do was stare at him. I had no answers for that.

 

“I-“

 

“Get some rest. You’ll need the energy to walk to my car. Unless, if you want me to carry you down.”

 

“Ne? N-no. It’s ok. I’ll rest now. Sir you can go back to work.” I quickly gulped down the tea and slept on the couch. I couldn’t afford being seen like that with my boss. What would the others say? I would totally become everyone’s enemy in no time. I would be known as the girl who seduced her boss. Not a good idea.

 

Author’s Note:

 

Hey chingus.

Adoree and Nenshou here.

Sorry for the late update. School’s taking up our time again.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

We’ve already started working on the next chapter; we just need time to finish working on it.

 

Thank you for supporting us, we really appreciate it.

Don’t forget to comment and subscribe.

We love reading your comments. It helps us a lot.

 

Saranghaeyo <3