BellaOh - Rose

☼Summer review shop ft. SHINee

chapter 1 - angst drama life romance exo sehun - main story image

Title: 8/10

I just love the title very much <3 Ugh, I have issues with this -_- I love short but captivating titles veeeeery muchhhh!! >< Unfortunately, stories with the title 'Rose' is super duper common in AFF .-. But don't worry, I still love it XD

Description/Foreword: 10/20

Descriptions are mostly in third person since it is describing the story. When it comes from a first person, it means that the description is just talking about what that specific character feels. 

About the foreword, I really really really really really despise stories in which characters' personalities are in their foreword/description. It proves us, readers, that you can't develop your characters well. Basically, with your characters describing thingies in your foreword, you've told us like almost the whole plot. Adds no interest for a reader to read because they knew the ending already. So next time, I suggest to not write the personalities again :) It could've been better if you could develop it and tell the readers throughout the stories.

Plot: 6/10

I'm sorry to tell you this, but this kind of plot is also one of the most common plots in AFF. For example, Touch of Fear (by dreamyflower) has the similar plot as this. A broken girl and a famous boy in the school, very common. However I'm not saying that you plagiarized, SURELY YOU DIDN'T PLAGIARIZE AT ALL BECAUSE I KNOW THIS IS ALL PURELY FROM YOUR FABULOUS AND AWESOME BRAIN (please don't missunderstand me please ;-;). Therefore, I suggest to twist the plot a little later in the end XD

Language*: 22/30

I think your language is quite well, except for some repetition in your story. For example, the first three sentences of your story.

Sehun hated school. He hated getting up early in the morning. He hated studying even though he excelled in it.

I think you could've written the sentence better than this - to change the word 'hate' into another one. It is really boring to see the same word repeated three times, for the same meaning - you generalized them all in the first sentence. Hence, I think it is better to not generalize the things if you want to clarify them.

Also, you tend to use the connector 'and' all the time. Like for almost all of the sentences, literally. This is really annoying, because you keep repeating the same word over and over. Moreover, I realized that you used the same sentence structure for almost all of the sentences too. You could've made a passive one, or others. Please don't kill me for saying this, but your sentences are exactly like my primary sentences. They are all very simple .-.

Next one is, spelling. I sort of found some spelling errors here and there, but oh, whatever. I think that it's all just typos so lemme ignore that lmao XD

Moving on, you made quite lots of mistakes, but since it is already night, I'm very tired .-. Besides, I saw that the story was reviewed by a lot of reviewers so I think they've pointed out the mistakes already. Lmao sorry for being such a lazy reviewer XD

Last but not least, tenses. Don't worry about this, LOTS AND LOTS of authors have the same problem as you do. Tenses are just everybody's enemy. You see, I couldn't figure what kind of story you were writing - narrative or descriptive. You switched tenses at times, for instance, in the first chapter. After using past tense all the way, you suddenly wrote: That's why Yoojin kept her guard up. It was supposed to be: That was why Yoojin... because you wrote in past tense before. I strongly recommend you to avoid these kind of words (crap forgive me, I forgot the name ;-;) as it would confuse the readers about the tenses.

Originality: 6/10

As I said before, the plot is a little too cliche. So nothing much to say here :D

Flow: 8/10

Overall, it is just fine. However, it seemed a little unreal for a boy to search informations about the girl who ignored him only for once. Plus, you stated that he isn't that arrogant and cocky type - instead, he is that ignorant type - therefore, I think it seemed unreal.

Characters development:  4/10

This is really the worst as you just did exactly like what you told us in the foreword. Maybe, without the characters' personalities, your characters development would be better since you developed their personalities throughout the stories. But then you've explained them all in the foreword so it has already told us what the characters' personalites are.

 

FINAL: 64/100

Reviewer's comment:

Hey, sorry for the long wait >< I actually gave BAPBaby4ever this story to be reviewed, but she hasn't reviewed it yet so I decided to review it hehehe :) I can't bear seeing requests pending okay ;-; So again, really sorry >< I love your story very much! I even subscribed because I just love the way you wrote it <3 Great job, girl!

-chanteks

 

YIPPIE! Another bonus review from BAPBaby4Ever XD

Review 4 Rose

Title 9/10: The title sounds nice. I feel like its one of those one word titles that just gives a bang and makes us want to read it. 

Description 10/10: Oh my gosh....that little sentence or 2 was so deep. I could feel the emotions of the characters and picture probably how the scene would be in the story.

Characters 10/10: I like the way you described the characters. It really made me feel how the characters feel and are in personality wise.

Appearance 5/5: You gave us pictures to help us see how the characters look like so I think it helped readers see how they look like.

Originality/Plot 18/20: (I did this part before I read it) It seems very cool. I can already tell of course that it's a love story, and sometimes that's a bad thing, because people want to be surprised of what the story might actually be about.

Grammar/Spelling 10/10: The grammar was very well, I personally loved it. I didnt really see no mistakes.

Punctuation 5/5: I didnt see any punctuation errors out of the 4 chapters I read.

Flow 10/10: The flow was really nice. I got really into the story and I loved that feeling.

Total/Reviewers Comments 99/100: I really loved the 4 chapters that I read. Would I finish the whole thing right now? Yes! This story was so amazing! I loved it so much, I gave it a 99 because the story wasnt 100% perfection, but you made a really awesome story :)

 

 

*Language refers to punctutaion, paragraphing, grammar, etc.