A step forward, a step back

Can You Hear My Heart?

Hellooo everyone :D Long time, but here I am. Sorry for taking so long with chapter 9, but to make up for it, I have made this chapter extra long :D

Enjoy!!!!

 

 

Zico’s POV

 

”Zico NO”, she said and pushed me away. The moment we separated I already missed the touch of her lips. It was the most innocent kiss I had ever had, but it was also the most meaningful one.

Then we just stood there, both panting and comprehending what had just happened. But before I could explain my actions to her, she shook her head and ran out of the door, leaving me to stand in the cold stairway.

So much for that declaration…

 

Eun Bit’s POV

 

The line between us was fading and the kiss had defiantly erased it for a few seconds before I had backed away and drawn it up again. Call me a coward, but right now I feared my own feelings more than Zico’s. My instinct doubted his true feelings, but deep down I knew my own true feelings. The problem was the differences between our worlds. Zico was THE Zico: the leader of Block B and a famous rapper. Being around Block B had made me see each person’s value in the group and being the leader was a big job on its own. Nevertheless they had just had their comeback after a chaotic year and now they needed to get their heads in the game.

I knew from my aunt that right after their `Very Good` goodbye stage, each member had already started preparing for the next album and Zico was writing on new songs. The last thing they needed was a leader with a silly crush on a schoolgirl.

I reached my aunt’s car, but she was texting on her phone and hadn’t noticed my lateness. The second I closed the door behind me she spoke.

“I know you have missed your first two classes, but do you want me to drop you off so you can catch your last classes? Maybe it could get your mind off of yesterday?”

I simply shook my head no, because right now I wasn’t even thinking about yesterday. I really hoped that there wasn’t written “Zico/Kiss” on my forehead.

My aunt nodded and then she drove me home. No one was at home, not that it mattered, because I needed some space. Lying on my bed I reminded myself to call Eun Soo ah during the lunch break and bring her the update.

 

It was an understatement to say that Eun Soo ah wasn’t mad at me for A: not calling her and B: not calling her!

“Why didn’t you call or at least answered my text messages? I could have come over and been there for you…no trust in me makes me believe that you don’t consider me your best friend.”

I lost count of how many times I apologized during our conversation. At the end I had to promise her that she and Yeon Woo ah could come over after school. The truth was that I really needed them to get some girl-talk done. My mind was a chaos and I really hoped to hear some fresh opinions.

 

“OMG Eun Bit ah are you alright?” Eun Soo ah asked after I had told her and Yeon Woo about the incident with the two guys.

I gave her a reassuring smile and then Eun Soo ah took my hand to give it a squeeze.

“I can’t even imagine what would have happened if Zico and B-Bomb hadn’t shown up when they did…” Yeon Woo ah said and I nodded.

“Don’t think like that Yeon Woo ah”, Eun Soo ah was almost crying now.

“I’m alright guys and they arrived at the right time to save me.” My answer made Eun Soo ah dry her eyes and then she turned toward me.

“So”, she said in a more teasing tone now “I feel like you have more to tell us, something even more shocking?”

I blushed and bit my lip.

“Look look look”, Eun Soo ah squealed “your face says it all, so what aren’t you telling us?” Yeon Woo rolled her eyes, but I noticed her leaning closer into earshot.

I told them about the bathroom part, but even when I tried to speak quickly about it, they were both pushing me to not let anything out.

“When you talk about him in those situations, I wouldn’t believe he was the same funny, crazy and lady-killer Zico that we see and know.” I couldn’t agree with her more. I had rarely seen the joke-maker Zico nor was he around any girls’ or even talking about one. He was like a totally different person.

“I have noticed the same thing”, I said “and sometimes I feel like I’m living my own personal fanfiction.”

“You don’t read fanfictions”, Eun Soo ah said with a questioned look on her face.

“I have looked at some of yours because you made me curious with all your talk about how hot P.O is in them.”

“And he really is”, she giggled.

“Why can you read a fanfiction with such delight and not a novella for class?” Yeon Woo ah asked.

“If you would read some Kyung fanfictions then you would understand my actions.”

“They are just silly made-up stories with no meaning or truth what so ever. The writers haven’t even had the experience anywhere and the descriptions are awful.”

“Aha so you do read them”, Eun Soo ah yelled. 

“Being kissed by Zico was so much better than how they described it in those fanfictions I will give you that.” The silence could kill and both of them looked at me with their mouths wide open.

“WHOLLY COW, ZICO KISSED YOU??”

“Yeah…” I hesitantly said, because both of them seemed ready to explode.

“OH MY GOD”, Eun Soo ah yelled “you can never keep something that important from us for that long again.”

“Eun Soo ah it’s not even a day since…”

“Still, you should have called me 2 seconds after it happened.”

“You had class, you both had.”

“So, you know me I would have faked something and been on the phone 2 minutes afterwards.”

“You’re hopeless”, I laughed and they both joyed me.

I decided to ask the one question and needed an answer to “So what do I do when I see him again?” 

“You just need to sort your feelings out before meeting him again”, Yeon Woo ah said.

“Yeah or else you’re going to swoon at his feet the moment you see him”, Eun Soo ah continued.  

REALLY that was their answer. I could have looked that up on Google and probably also the how-to-forget-a-guy-in-three-easy-steps question.    

This was going to be hard…Eun Bit ah Hwaiting!!

 

One week later     

Eun Bit’s POV

 

I walked into the studio and I immediately got the feeling of early Christmas. There were Christmas trees, stars, red baubles and a big snow machine put up. The prop guys had done a great job and this was after all a Christmas photo session.

My aunt was nowhere in sight, so I went to B-Bomb and U-Kwon who was standing nearby, though as I got closer I took in their expressions and the weird fascination they had with their phones at the moment. I silently walked up behind them and tried to peak over their shoulders. I couldn’t really see much, but it looked like they were reading some sort of comments.

“What are you guys looking at?” The sound of my voice made them jump. If it was from the shook or the surprise at seeing me again I couldn’t tell.  

“Ohh Eun Bit ah I’m so glad you came”, U-Kwon said in a begging tone “you need to help me out with this, because B-Bomb can’t understand the facts laid out for him to see.”

“What facts?”

“It’s not about the facts, but how you see them and interpret them”, B-Bomb said and that answer made me even more confused. I must have looked like a question mark because U-Kwon went on.

“I just told B-Bomb that he can see these fan-comments and then know by fact that I’m more popular among the BBC’s then he is.”   

Oh my god, where they really arguing over who was most popular among them. Please they could argue all they would if they just didn’t ask-

“Who do you think is the most popular Eun Bit ah?”

-me… Damn I was so bad with questions like this. Eun Soo ah would have loved this one though, because she knew her Block B and BBC facts so she could easily have given them an answer. Me on the other hand was just a BBC newbie and not at all entitled to put two members up against each other and especially not when both of them was standing right in front of me.

“You know I think my aunt was just calling for me”, I lied awkwardly and excused myself. Not one second passed before they were bickering at each other again like I hadn’t even been there. They could probably go on for hours I thought as I inwardly giggled.

Suddenly I ran into Kyung who was watching people put up a big Christmas tree. The funny thing wasn’t the dazed expression on his face, but rather the fact that he was standing there and unconsciously picking his nose. This was so like Kyung to do, so I tried to keep a straight face as I stood before him.

“Yah Park Kyung-shii don’t you know that doing one thing too much will make it a bad habit?”

His finger stilled and then he quickly pulled it away from his nose.

“I don’t even realize I do it anymore and it makes it even more awkward when someone catches me in the act.”  

“Don’t worry”, I laughed “your little incident is safe with me and I promise that I will keep an eye on you if you do it again.”

“Great, then I won’t have the Hyungs’ make fun of me the rest of the day”, he smiled and I mirrored him. This was one of the reasons why I liked Block B so much. They were so easygoing and funny around other people and with each other. What I wouldn’t give to have a second family like that.

“So what about you, we haven’t seen you in over a week?” he asked “are you alright now?”

I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded. I did feel alright now and it wasn’t because of the incident that night that I had stayed away for a week. What happened between me and Zico had shaken me. The way Kyung was talking, I was guessing that Zico hadn’t told anyone about the kiss. Why would he anyway? It would be bad to his image if anyone knew that he had been rejected by a girl.

I thought the word `rejected` when I knew that I hadn’t really rejected him, I had just left him there without an explanation even though he more or less poured out his heart to me. Why was it so hard for me to believe that his feelings were genuine?

“Eun Bit ah…Eun Bit ah? Are you listening to me?”

“Mhh…oh sorry Kyung I was lost in thought. What did you say?”

“I said have you seen all the props they have put up?”

“No not all of them.”

“Then come on I will show you”, Kyung said as he took my hand and lead me to a big table full of Christmas props: Christmas hats, reindeer antlers made like hats and funny glasses with glitter. Kyung took one of the reindeer antlers and put on my head. He then showed me how I looked in a small mirror and we both burst out laughing.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

We jumped apart. I dropped the hat and turned around and saw Zico standing there all dressed up in a black tuxedo…so hot… and so very angry. I didn’t even have to think about it to know that the anger was pinpointed at me.

The whole week I had prepared myself to stand next to him again, but all my pep talk fell to the ground. My feelings were stronger than ever and holding them at bay would take a lot more than a simple Hwaiting…

“We were just joking around”, I said quietly.

“Excuse us for a moment”, Zico said and without regarding Kyung he dragged me into what I think was a storage room and closed the door. I already feared his words before he spoke.

“What I said to you that day, did none of it reach through that thick head of yours?”

I wanted to be mad at the sarcastic comment, but I also knew that I had hurt his feelings that day. Couldn’t he just like me from a distance instead, just like I did with him…?  

“I did hear what you said”, my voice was almost a whisper “but I didn’t believe there was any truth in it.”

“Why?” it was a simple question, but I knew that either answers I could give would come so close to the real reason why I kept away.

“Being who you are made me question if your words were genuine or just you playing around with me?”

“BEING WHO I AM!” he said through gritted teeth “what the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Don’t tell me that you are oblivious to the fact that you have had girlfriends and like being around ladies. Your easiness around women is known throughout the fandom.” That made him shut up like I had smacked him, but not for long. He had things he wanted to say, words he would have thought about telling me for the past week.  

“Okay I get it; you don’t think I’m honest toward you? Well then I better tell you something about me, something that is probably also very well known in the fandom: I never back down from a challenge and if I see something in my reach then I go after it like there is no tomorrow. I meant what I said that day, no jokes and no lies. I like you and I will keep on liking you until I don’t anymore. During that time I will persuade you into telling me that you feel the same way I do and until then you better stay indifferent to other guys, including my Hyungs’. That means no funny stuff, no giggling and no touching. I don’t care if they are like brothers to me, I will kick their asses if they even look at you the wrong way.”

“You’re kind of scaring me Zico.

“So you believe what I said now was true?”

I didn’t move, but only starred at him.    

“If you can’t believe me then believe this: There is a truth in every little word sweetheart.”

He walked past me and out of the door, shutting it firmly behind him.

The feeling of knowing that Zico was jealous of me hanging around other guys made me a little happy. Okay so judge me, but what would you do if your biggest crush said that he would litterally hunt you down like there was no tomorrow?

Run like hell or run into his arms?

Get the answer right this time Eun Bit ah…

 

 

 

 

Thank you all for reading and I hoped you liked it? I have a question for you. I would like Eun Soo to have a flirt (maybe more) with one of the other members. I would like it to be P.O but if some of you think that it should be either Tail, U-Kwon, B-Bomb or Jaehyo then let me know ;) Please comment and subscribe, see you in the next chapter :D