Answer and Despair

Can You Hear My Heart?

Hello BBC's and Kpopper's :D Sorry that you had to wait almost a month for a new release, but the chapter is hear now and ready for you :D

Sooooo Enjoy!!!

 

 

 

Eun Bit’s POV

Everything about this place was heaven even if being with Zico was heaven in itself. Even if I wasn’t admitting it to him, I enjoyed being alone with him just as much as I believed he did with me. I hoped that he would spend as much time with me as possible before I couldn’t be here anymore. I was more than aware of the fact that my time working with my aunt couldn’t go on forever. At some point I would have to go back to simply being a fan amongst others.

“It’s our turn”, Zico said and I noticed that there was no line in front of us. I looked back at Zico and hoped that he hadn’t seen me spacing out, but he only sent me a big smile.

He walked past me at up on the carousel. He held out a hand for me to take. “After you sweetheart.” I giggled and took his hand and straddled one of the white horses. He then straddled the one next to me.

“I can’t believe we are actually riding this like some children. I hope no one takes any pictures which will end up with some stupid headline”, Zico was famous after all and I had to think of him that way when we were in public.

“It doesn’t concern me, so let’s just have some fun okay?” he said and I decided to let it slide. For now anyway. Then everyone was on board and the merry-go-round was put in motion.

 

Zico’s POV

It was now. I needed to know or else I would go crazy with ignorance and I would go crazy with jealousy every day because she would see that boy in school without being committed to me.

“So is it fun?” I asked her as we spun our second round.

“Yes, I always loved the smaller rides when I was young too. But then again I have never ridden on a carousel this big before.” Her smile never left her face during our small-talk and I was happy that she could be happy around me. But I wanted so much more than just her happiness.

I knew I had to spring the question soon or my chance would be over, but the right words kind of stuck in my throat. I had never asked a girl to be my girlfriend before or told one that I loved her. The girl involved always beat me to it, so this was my first time.

“So Eun Bit ah”, I locked eyes with her and begged that she would listen till the end “I wanted to ask you something too now that we’re alone or rather I want a question answered which only you can do.”

Her smile fell a bit, but she didn’t avert her eyes. She grew more serious and I knew that she was preparing to give me what I wanted. I had said we were evidently, but could I prove it if she pushed me away…

 

Eun Bit’s POV

I can’t tell him, I can’t tell him, I can’t… I wanted to tell him. More than anything I wanted to have Zico as mine, but I felt sick to my stomach every time the words almost slipped from my mouth. I kept thinking of angry fangirls, paparazzi’s and how people I knew would react. Still I couldn’t keep Zico in the dark any longer, no, I had to tell him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could hear children laughing around me, the silent music from the carousel and the wooden horse moving up and down beneath me. And when I opened my eyes ones again I saw Zico looking at me with the most beautiful eyes and I saw his feelings for me, which I in that moment felt were true and genuine. I little bit of my heart would die after this, but I had to be the realistic one. This was not a dream.

“I know it has been a week already and I won’t lie when I say that I hoped you’d have forgotten your promise from that night. Then again you sounded really serious, so I gave it some thought, actually a lot of thought before I felt like I could answer you.” Take a deep breath Kang Eun Bit!  

“I-I can’t be with y-you Zico ah”, his eyes changed from loving to cold in one second, but I still had things to say.

“Everything would change and I’m afraid of what it will do to my life. I like the way things are know: simple and contented. You may have seen it, but I’m not very outgoing and I like to keep quiet and just let things happen around me. I don’t expect much to happen during the day and I’m fine with that, but you want every day to memorable. I can’t do that. I can’t be outgoing all the time and especially not in big gatherings or crushed up against a wall when the paparazzi’s or fangirls gets a little too intense-”

“I won’t let that hap-“, he started.

“-I know you think you won’t, but no one really knows right? That’s why I think you’re better off with someone who can deal with all that and still be fine afterwards to continue with the day. I’m so sorry, because I do care about you Zico ah, but not the same way you do.” Liar liar liar liar I chanted in my head, but this was necessary even if he didn’t understand why. My chest was tight with sorrow and I hated myself to the bones. I took one last breath and I remembered all of the moments we had had together. The best time in my life, but now it was goodbye…

“I like you as a friend and a fan Zico ah, but I don’t like you as anything more.”  

My last words were said and as on cue the carousel stopped and the ride was over. And so were we. I didn’t even give him a change to say something before I jumped of the horse and half ran down the four steps before landing on the solid ground.   

I ran back to the rollercoaster, well aware of Zico walking firmly after me. I spotted Eun Soo ah and Yeon Woo ah standing together with the guys. I walked straight up to them with a little smile. Eun Soo ah looked at me, but her smile faltered. Also Yeon Woo ah took notice of my state. I had fooled the guys, but she and Yeon Woo ah were my best friends and they always knew when something was up.   

“Hey Eun Bit ah”, Kyung said “too bad you weren’t on the ride, because it was freaking awesome, right guys?” They all voted in favor and went back to chitchatting. That was when Zico walked into the group. Nothing revealed our conversation except for the looks on our faces. The girls saw my devastated expression and Zico’s angry and pale face.

“Yah Zico ah what’s with the sour look? Look I know you wanted to try the rollercoaster, but please we’re in Lotte World, so there are plenty of other rides to have fun in. Let’s have Yeon Woo ah to pick the next ride.” Kyung was astatic and laid his arm around Yeon Woo ah’s shoulder. She blushed a crime some red, but let him lead her further into the park. As everyone turned to follow, I felt Eun Soo ah pull me by the arm. She led me away from the group and out of earshot.

“What happened with you and Zico? You face looks like someone stepped all over it.”

“My face wasn’t the only thing that was stepped on”, I said and then I told her about my conversation with Zico and how I had turned him down.

“He didn’t take it very well Eun Soo ah…”

“Of course he didn’t silly. Did you expect him to when the man is head over heels in love with you? I understand why he is mad as hell right now. He probably feels like punching someone right now and if Kyung gets even clingier I think it may go out on him.” She laughed with the last part and pointed toward the guys where Kyung had laid his other arm around Zico’s shoulder. I couldn’t help to put on a little smile myself.

“What am I to do then? He hates me know and yet we have to spent the day together.”

“You don’t really see things the way they are, do you?” Eun Soo ah pushed a fallen hair out of her face and looked really annoyed at me.

I didn’t understand where she was going with this “If you say I don’t then please tell me what I should be seeing?”  

HIM, Eun Bit ah! You should be seeing him and how every girl envies the way he looks at you, even me. I would kill to have a guy look at me like I’m the sole reason he gets up every morning. Then again they say loves makes blind.”

Crap she had figured me out “You say I l-l-love him?”

“Well don’t you? Or have I read you completely wrong?” and I saw have much she wanted me to tell her that I did. Because I did, I did love him, oh so very much.

“I won’t tell it to you Eun Soo ah. Not when I can’t even say it to him.”

  

 

I you like (or have some critic) please comment, I would love to hear from you ;) Also please subscribe for new updates :D