Let your guard down

Can You Hear My Heart?

Hey guys !!! So sorry for the long wait, but I was keeping a little break from the story to clear my mind. I hope you would still read my story and keep following Eun Bit and Zico :D To all new readers I would like to say - Annyeonghaseyo ;D

Please enjoy chapter 8 !!!

 

 

Eun Bit’s POV

 

”You got that right sweetheart.”

While we were looking at each other my aunt started pounding so hard on the door I swear she could have knocked it down.

I looked past Zico and onto the door. My aunt really needed to now that I was safe. Zico must have felt my resolute, because he suddenly let me go and backed away, giving me some space. He stood up and held out a hand and as I took it he pulled me up and stepped as close as possible.

“I will let you go to your aunt, but please no touching the other guys. I’m already on the edge and I don’t need your or their actions to push me over it.”

“What do you mean “the edge”?” I asked, but he shook his head and pushed me toward the door. The second I turned the doorknob, my aunt pushed through and felt against me. She hugged me and new tears treated to overspill. Taking my hand she led me to the couch and together we sat down. I slowly told her what had happened and her face grew sadder with each sentence. I let my aunt cry against my shoulder and my heart clenched, because I knew her tears were shed for my sake.

Diverting my gaze I found Zico standing next to P.O. in the corner. They were talking softly, but I could still make out their conversation.    

“What happened in there Hyung?” P.O asked. 

Zico made what seemed like a strained laugh before he answered “Nothing really, she just needed some space from all your hugs and sympathizing faces.” P.O nodded in a way that indicated he understood Zico.  

Well he couldn’t have been more wrong…

Zico choose that moment to look at me. His laugh disappeared and that intense look was back. I had never seen it elsewhere, only when he looked at me, so for some reason I always felt that that face was especially pinpointed at me.  

 

Zico’s POV

 

I wanted her eyes on me all the time to make sure that she was okay. No kidding, if she even made a wrong look with her eyes I would haul her back into the bathroom. No one needed an audience when having a breakdown. Standing there against the wall I had a perfect view of everyone and the situation.

Jaehyo, U-Kwon and Tail had long ago retreated into their separate bedrooms and I waited, hoping that the other guys would take the hint too. However Kyung and P.O were roaming in the kitchen while B-Bomb was sitting in a chair next to me. I understood B-Bomb’s reason to stay, because he had been there, fighting with me, so he saw the picture from a whole other angle.

After 15 minutes Nana and Eun Bit ah stood up while still holding on to each other. I stepped forward, wanting to do something for them.

“Is there anything I can do for you?” I asked and Nana smiled softly.

“Thank you Zico, but no, I think it would be for the best if I took Eun Bit ah home now. Her parents need to know what happened and they are probably worried sick. I’m sorry this happened and it was mostly because I let her go by herself. I can’t thank you and B-Bomb enough for saving her.”

“I’m just glad U-Kwon insisted on an evening snack”, I tried to lighten the mood and it earned me a little smile.

But then Nana let out a rough breath “After telling her parents I’m not sure I would get permission to bring Eun Bit ah with me to work again.”

The smile fell from my face and Eun Bit ah looked at her aunt with a horrified face. I really wanted to state my protest, but then Kyung and P.O came into the living room and I sensed from Nana that the topic was closed for now. While Kyung asked Eun Bit ah how she was doing I looked at her and I swear I could see another kind of sadness in her eyes. Maybe, just maybe did she also feel the clench in her heart when her aunt mentioned the not-working-with-us-anymore part?  

 

Eun Bit’s POV

 

The thought of my parents finding out didn’t make the situation any better. I knew my parents very well and there was no way after hearing this that they would let me come to work with Nana ever again. But not working with Nana also meant no more Block B and no more Zico.

The ride to my house was quiet and I dreaded my parent’s reaction, but even more their objection against me working with aunt Nana.

When we stopped in front of my house my mother was standing in the doorway and she ran to me as I stepped out of the car. She hugged me tightly and I felt so sorry for worrying her. When she stepped back she was holding back tears. 

“What in the world made you come home this late and why didn’t you pick up your phone when we called?” I apologized as we went into the house. Inside my father was waiting and with both of them present, I asked them to sit down so I could tell them about the incident.       

When I had told my parents, they hugged me and my mother had cried. My father wanted to find those bastards who almost hurt me, but talked him out of it. They weren’t worth the trouble and I was sure that Zico and B-Bomb had already given them a lesson.  

“Please don’t be mad at aunt Nana, it was my decision alone.” I said and my father walked over to stand in front of me.

“Honey, we are not mad at Nana and we are defiantly not mad at you. We are just shocked, but really glad that those two guys from that band found you and fought the bastards of or else…” my father hugged me and my aunt sat down beside my mother. 

We talked some more and then came the question about whether I could still work there. I really didn’t want them to object, so I begged and shared my point of view.  

My parents were silent under my entire speech.

“If I can’t work with them anymore then I just want to go back one more time and say goodbye to the guys, please umma? Appa?”

My mother signed and looked to my father who looked at me with sympathy. Finally she nodded her head.

“We never said that you can’t have the job anymore and especially since we have seen how much you learns from the experience. Our only objection would be against you ever working late evenings again. It is just too dangerous, so will you promise us that you will only work during daytime?”

I squealed and ran to hug them both. I instantly agreed and my aunt sent me a quick smile. That night I feel asleep to the sound of my unsteadily beating heart.  

 

The next day I called my aunt and told her, that I would like to thank the guys for last night. I was skipping school anyway even though it was Friday. She picked me up and together we drove to the guys’ apartment. Today they had a clear schedule, so we could probably catch some of them there.

Ringing their doorbell I hoped that Zico would be the one to open the door, but to my disappointed it was P.O who answered. He seemed surprised to see us here, but still let us in with a smile. On the way up he asked if I was feeling any better and I nodded, reassuring him that I felt much better already.

Inside the apartment we found Kyung and Tail watching TV, but Zico was nowhere to be seen. I felt the disappointment, when suddenly one of the bedroom doors opened and Zico strode out. He stopped abruptly when he saw us. Against my better judgment I gave him an once-over. He looked really hot in those old jeans and a simple white T-shirt. God the universe wasn’t being fair, not by a long shot.

“What are you doing here?” Kyung asked and I told them about the promise I had made with my parents. The guys seemed happy with the fact that I could keep working with them. Zico had been quiet the whole time, so I collected myself and went up to him.

“Zico, I really wanted to thank you from last night. You and B-Bomb probably saved me and afterwards you were all so kind to me, so thank you.” I gave him a reassuring smile. Still only looking at me I took that as a “your welcome”.

Just then he spoke “Is that all you have to say?”

Weird, why would he ask me that?

“Yeah, why?”

“Nothing”, he said and went into the kitchen.

Okay, never mind then. We said our goodbyes and left the apartment.  Almost reaching the front door I was pulled back into the stairway. Zico was panting beside me from running down the stairs, but he had a determined look on his face.

“Are you just going to walk away like that and after everything that happened between us last night?”

Oh no… he was talking about all our moments last night and he was talking of them like they had a greater meaning. Well I knew they did for me, but they couldn’t possibly for him. I wasn’t pretty, or had a great body and I defiantly wasn’t meeting his standards. I was a nobody. I had to keep my feelings at bay and I needed to make him think that I was indifferent about the attraction he obviously also felt.     

 

Zico’s POV

 

“I’m thankful for what you and B-Bomb did last night and especially want you did, but that doesn’t mean that anything have changed between us. You are still Zico: idol and the ladies’ man, while I’m still Kang Eun Bit: student and living-like-a-normal girl.”

What the hell!!

“You are wrong. Things changed last night: we changed last night.” I wanted to make her understand where I was going with this and that she was going with me. I wasn’t reaching the finish line without her.

“Zico, there is no “we”, why would there even be a you and me?”

 “Let your guard down sweetheart.”

“Not toward you. Never you…” she said and I frowned at the never part.

“Why the hell not?” I demanded an answer whether she wanted to give one or not. This was more than just a crush dammit! And the sooner we got this sorted out, the sooner I could tell her how much she already meant to me.  

Feeling like she needed some proof I took her hand and held it against my chest. She immediately tried to pull her hand back, but I kept my grip firm.

“You feel that?” I asked, but she wasn’t listening, she was still trying to break loose. I moved our hands across my chest and stopped right above my beating heart. The movement made a halt to her escaping and then she looked at our joined hands. Her beautiful eyes lifted and found mine and I saw a thousand feelings run through them.   

“You feel it don’t you? Don’t deny it, because it’s written all over your pretty face, sweetheart.” She swallowed hard and looked down at our hands again. She knew it; I could see it even though she was trying to deny it.

“Well I feel it” I said “and my heart also feels it. You speak to my heart.”

I had never been so cheeky when telling a girl that I liked her, because I had always been too proud to say anything, but I knew that this time I couldn’t take the easy way out for that was not the answer.  

I wanted to see her laugh and have fun. If I let her go in this moment, then would I ever get to see her smile back at me again? I hadn’t even lost her yet and still I felt like grapping on to her just to make sure she would stay.

“I do feel it, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t feel afraid. You’re an idol Zico and I’m just a nobody.”

She was pulling away again, so I did the only thing I could think of. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers and just like that I felt her barriers crumble under my touch.  

Gots ya!

 

 

 

 

 

Zico wants more, but what about Eun Bit ah ??? Maybe you will get to know in the next chapter ;) Anyway, thank you for reading and please comment or subscribe for more chapters to come. Until next time - Authornim signing of :D