I'm madly in love

Can You Hear My Heart?

This chapter will be extra long, but I don't think you would mind though :D A little reminder before you start reading - I will put a YouTube link into the text and I would really like you to listen to the song as you contunie reading. I believe the scene will be more intense if you do so, but of course it will be your choice ;)

Enjoy it!! 

 

 

 

Eun Bit’s POV

“So if you won’t tell me is there at least a chance that you will tell Zico in the near future?” Honestly she had a point, but I had already decided to leave my feelings be and move forward with the decision I had made.

We spent half of the day in Lotte World and I tried to avoid being close to Zico. I also figured that he needed the space, at least I did. The guys didn’t seem no notice Zico’s foul mood, but with all the fun here I guess they just didn’t notice. They would late though if Zico’s attitude didn’t change.

“Come and try the swinging ship with us Eun Bit ah!” Eun Soo ah called and I was so glad I had her by my side. I put on a smile and went with them to try and have some fun. It was close to seven before we excited the park and found a nice restaurant. At the time we were done eating the guys were talking lively, Zico included. They were discussing Jaehyo’s loud opinion of the soup.

“What could possibly have been wrong with your soup”, U-kwon said resignedly. “You’re the only one who has complains and we all had the same soup anyway.”

“And I who thought that Kyung was the one to complain the most”, Zico laughed and high-fived P.O. “Maybe the waiter spit in his soup!”

“Or dropped something in there on accident, maybe soap!”

In the end everyone had each decided on a thing the waiter had put in Jaehyo’s soup. Poor guy: always the one to be teased.

It was a nice evening so we decided to walk the few blocks to the car. Eun Soo ah was talking between P.O. and U-Kwon while Yeon Woo ah made small-talk with Kyung or tried to small-talk, because Kyung talked nonstop so she hardly got a word in. My aunt talked with Tail and Jaehyo. Everyone was in a good spirit.

I felt a presence beside me and looked up at B-Bomb. With a question mark on my face he took me by the arm and led us to walk a few steps behind the others.

“I just wanted to talk to you without the others listening in”. I looked toward the others, but none had noticed our quit retreat.

“What do you wanna talk about B-Bomb?”

“You….and Zico Hyung”.

Weird…why did he suddenly ask about that? “What about us?”

“Don’t forget Eun Bit ah that I was there that night and saw how you two acted around each other. It was one thing for you to be scared for your life, but Zico…he was equally terrified by your safety. I have never seen him act like that, ever.” B-Bomb smiled softly as if he was recalling a memory. “Ever since then I have observed his behavior.”

I became a little insecure about how much I should let him know, but I also became a little curious about how others saw Zico acting like around me. “How was his behavior any different? I can’t believe that he would walk around sulking at home…”

“It wasn’t sulking, but more like he was quiet, only working on his music and being less the fun hyper leader we know.”

I wanted to tell him what it had to do with me, but at some point it became too private. B-Bomb was probably like a brother to Zico and the one to tell him all this should also be Zico. “I’m sorry B-Bomb, but I don’t have the right to tell you.”

“Why not? I promise I won’t tell Zi-“

“-You won’t tell me what?”

I jumped in surprise and almost collided with Zico. He had left the group and stood now right in front of us. He looked mad as hell and I began wondering if he had heard our conversation. He only spared me one glance before locking eyes with B-Bomb. Oh no I had seen Zico’s way of acting now once before. It was the same look on his face as the time with Minwo! Well the way his eyes were looking at B-Bomb confirmed my fears.

“I’m listening”, Zico said. “What won’t you tell me!?” The anger was radiating from his words.

“Nothing to worry about Zico, I just asked her to share something with me of personal inter-“

“-Yeah such as what!?

“Never mind that now.” B-Bomb was quite calm and I admired him for keeping his tone friendly. He had said the last words in his defense and walking away, leaving me to explain. Zico was looking after B-Bomb and it was like he wouldn’t make eye contact with me.

“I guess after everything you told me earlier I should stay out of your business right?”

I wished he would look at me while talking, but maybe it made him uncomfortable. So I ignored it and made my voice sound uncaring. “You should stay out of it.”

“Yeah well it’s not going to happen, at least not today or perhaps ever. I don’t think I will ever be comfortable when you’re talking with my Hyungs; the jealousy is just too strong. You understand that right?” I nodded then remembered that he wasn’t looking at me, so I gave a small yes.

He nodded. “Good. Let’s go and catch the others.” As he walked away I felt like crying all over again. I could feel him taking his distances from me and even though I had no right to it, it still hurt.

A few minutes later we reached the car. My aunt turned to us. “Okay kids, I will let you enjoy the rest of the evening without me, IF you promise to bring the girls safely home and not go any places I wouldn’t. They need to be home before 12 understand?”

“You got it!” Kyung said and everyone nodded in agreement.     

Only two seconds had gone by after my aunt had left, before Eun Soo ah came up with yet another of her crazy ideas. “What do you all say to go to a club?” she suggested. I knew she tried to keep the atmosphere fun, but suggesting a club when we were high school students was ridiculous. Plus it went against my aunt and she would kill us if she found out later on.

“Yah Eun Soo ah”, I said “we can’t do that, we’re minors remember!”

“I know a place that will let anyone in, even young ones like you”, B-Bomb said and I swear I could have hit him in that moment, but then everyone turned excited.

“Besides you will be totally safe with us around”, U-kwon grinned and it became clear to me that these guys had a one-tracked mind and they even rolled on the same line. 

“I’m on board with that!” Kyung said.

“Me too!”

“Me three.”

Soon we were all going, even though I’m sure my aunt hadn’t meant this kind of “fun” when she agreed that we could be alone with the guys without any adult supervision. In return the guys promised to look out for us and see us safely home afterwards. What had just happened? 

 

I heard the heavy beat from the music before we could even see the club. Then more people came into view and I felt like I had stepped into the real nightlife of Seoul. B-Bomb went up and talked to one of the security guys and the next thing we knew: we were in!

I had thought the crowd outside was heavy, but on the inside everything was crazy. I could hear nothing but loud talking and music. We made it through the crowd and found a table in a corner with a view to the dance floor and DJ. I sat between Tail and B-Bomb while Jaehyo and Kyung fetched us something to drink.

“Uhhh this is soooo excited!” Eun Soo ah beamed from her seat. She had always loved being rational and enjoyed dragged us with her. This thing though was her most rational thing to date. When the guys returned with drinks, of course only Cola for us youngsters, Eun Soo ah stood up and grabbed P.O’s hand. They disappeared unto the dance floor and I wondered if they were really going to dance together to this crazy song which was playing.  

“Oh God if they are really going to dance I have to go down and watch!” Kyung said.

“Why is that going to be fun?” Yeon Woo ah asked.

“Because P.O really can’t dance”, Zico said and I looked up at him from across the table. He felt like miles away even if I could reach him only by laying my hand across the table. Suddenly a soft song started playing and I immediately knew that it was Eun Soo ah’s doing. The song was F.T Island’s “Madly” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVjIkWHqLI) and one of Eun Soo ah’s favorite songs and I must admit it was a pretty fantastic song.  

I tried spending a day without you
But the hellish pain traps me
I need to love without you
But I don’t even have the smallest space

 

We all looked to the floor. Eun Soo ah had taken P.O and dragged him to the middle of the dance floor. I watched Kyung look from the dance floor to Yeon Woo ah and in the next moment he had her in hand and joining the two others. Yeon Woo ah was red as a tomato as Kyung pulled her closer, but she still took the dance with him.  

 

I cry out loud but you won’t hear
But again today, I only say your name

 

The other guys only watched as more people started dancing to the song and I really envied all those couples. I hadn’t even noticed Zico had left his seat before he stood beside me with his hand outstretched. “Eun Bit ah, dance with me?” he whispered and without second thoughts I took his hand and let him lead me to the dance floor. Once there I stood awkwardly in front of him, but then he smiled and pulled me close. I could feel his hard chest against mine and his strong arms encircled me. Our body’s swayed as one to the soft beat.  

 

I madly miss only you, I only miss you to death
I try to push you out but it’s only you
I only miss you, I only miss you to death
I tell myself that I’m over you but it’s only you
I keep missing you
I only miss you

 

All the others disappeared in this moment. All I heard was the music and all I felt was Zico and his arms around me. His soft breathing next to my ear and the faint manly scent of his cologne. The lyrics floated into me and explained what I felt right in this sweet moment and what I longed for Zico to know:

 

I try to comfort myself, telling myself to stop
But I can only forget you with my head
Because my heart still remembers you
I throw a fit but I keep thinking of you

 

I madly miss only you, I only miss you to death
I try to push you out but it’s only you
I only miss you, I only miss you to death
I tell myself that I’m over you but it’s only you
I keep missing you

 

I felt Zico shift and then I heard the beginning of his soft hoarse voice humming. His voice grew stronger and then I heard him sing into my ear:

 

The longing words that come up to my throat
Oh I love you

 

His y voice was mesmerizing. My heart started beating faster and I knew something was happening to me, to us. I felt like the words were his and they told all the things he felt and wanted me to know.

 

I madly love only you, I only love you to death
Though I curse, though I get angry, it’s only you
I only love you, I only love you to death
Because it’s a foolish love, it’s only you
Because I only love you
Because I only love you


I felt him softly kiss my cheek and I buried my face in his neck. I wished time would stop right at this moment and I could stay here, with him, forever. I knew right then what I felt in my heart. With other guys my heart had beat steady and slow, just like a steady breeze on an early spring day, but with Zico it was much more intense. It felt like my heart was stirring up, like it was getting harder to breath because it was so intense. That’s when I knew that Zico wasn’t just a steady breeze to me, no he was a hurricane.

Zico was my hurricane.