The Heart is racing

Can You Hear My Heart?

Chapter 5 came out fast, because the whole story was racing fast in my head, so I hope you are ready for more !!! 

Ready...set....go!!!

 

 

 

 

Eun Bit’s POV

 

Was it possible that his grin could go even wider or was it just me imagining things?

Just then Zico’s grin turned into a wide smile which showed bright white teeth. My eyes started to panic and darted everywhere else: his arm, his legs, chest, the seat in front of us and even to the ceiling.

Okay just calm down Eun Bit ah, you know you shouldn’t panic, but damn he was going through my defenses with that gaze and I suddenly found it too intense. I started to talk, but then he pointed a finger to my forehead and pressed me back in my seat. The action was so quick and mostly because I knew I felt as light as a feather.

“Sit back and put your seatbelt on, because this will be a long ride”, he said and all I could do was give a little nod.

In a daze I started to find my seatbelt and put it on, but I couldn’t get it to work with me. Damn this was already embarrassing enough…

Suddenly Zico took it from my hands and leaned over me to put it on for me. When it clicked in our eyes meet again and this time he was so close that I could feel his breath on my mouth. He was smiling at me and seconds felt like hours. I knew my breath was coming out in quick and my heart was beating like crazy. His wide smile stayed plastered to his face and I felt like he found me laughable.

I was unconscious about my actions and nervous like hell, so when I moistened my lips with my tongue it was a spontaneous movement, but that movement caught Zico’s eyes and they moved to my lips. Just then his smile disappeared to be replaced by an almost surprising look on his face. He directly starred at my lips like he was thinking really hard on something and for a second I thought he was going to lean in and ki…

A door suddenly closed and we both jumped apart.

“Okay everyone’s here, so let’s get going”, my aunt said from the front seat.

My whole body felt hot, like I was sitting in a sauna. I tried to hide my face while looking at my hands which was folded together in my lap. It was really hard to seem unaffected and I hoped that the drive to the house would be over quickly, though I knew we had at least one hour on the road.  

After 20 minutes U-Kwon and B-Bomb started to talk lightly together, while Tail and P.O. was sleeping. Jaehyo and Kyung were listening to music on their phone, so it was only Zico which remained silent beside me and all he did was staring straight ahead. I didn’t know what to do about the situation, so I leaned back in my seat and closed my eyes, trying to relax.

The next thing I knew my body was overcome by sleep.      

 

 

Zico’s POV

 

I knew I had seen her before when Kang Na Na introduced the strange girl as her niece. I hadn’t just seen her the first time a few hours ago, but at the concert a month ago. She was the girl I had seen that night and the only girl I had ever noticed so strongly. Even her name had a nice ring to it.

Kang Eun Bit…Kang Eun Bit…Eun Bit ah…

She was beautiful, especially her eyes: dark with a hint of golden brown in the middle and they got so big when she looked at me. Her whole appearance was different from all the other girls I had ever encountered, both girlfriends and lady friends.  

I couldn’t sleep after our intimate episode; I really couldn’t do anything other than thinking about it all the way to our apartment. I didn’t even notice the car had stopped, before the door was suddenly opened and Kang Na Na hopped out and said her goodnight to the driver.

We had arrived at her house, because it was closer to the studio, so she and Eun Bit ah were getting of first. All the other members had fallen asleep during the ride. They only stirred a little, however they didn’t woke up.

I stretched in my seat and looked beside at Eun Bit ah and my heart did a double take.

She was sound asleep with her face turned my way and her facial expressions made her look so innocent and young. I had to stop myself from reaching out to her and touch her face. My hand was itching to put a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

It just came to me then that I didn’t know her age or anything else about her for that matter and yet I was very much aware of her presence.      

My head turned towards the side door when it opened and Kang Na Na stood there to take Eun Bit ah with her. When she looked at me I put a finger to my lips to keep her from waking Eun Bit ah up. I signaled to Kang Na Na and started to slide one hand under Eun Bit ah’s back and the other under her legs. Then I easily lifted her over into my lap.

For a couple of seconds I just enjoyed having her so close, but her aunt was looking and it would have been inappropriate to do anything else. I made a move to lift her out of the car in my arms and it was easy with her being so little and light.

Outside the car I still held her in my arms, feeling frustrated because my time with her was over, for now.

As I stood with her and considered what to do she suddenly signed and snuggled her face into my neck. Arg hell she doesn’t even know what she is doing, so don’t put much into her actions!!

While I was scolding myself in my head, Kang Na Na came over beside me.

“Shouldn’t we wake her up, so she can walk inside herself?” she asked and I knew she was right, but I had a better idea.

“She isn’t really heavy so I could just carry her upstairs, besides it would be a shame to wake her up”, I tried to get my voice to sound indifferent, not wanting Kang Na Na to know how fast my heart was beating.

“If it’s not too much trouble I would really be grateful if you could”, she smiled and she started walking inside with me following behind her.  

When we got inside, Kang Na Na showed me the way to her spare bedroom. Ones inside she a bedside lamp and I gently put Eun Bit ah down unto the bed. With one last glanze at her I straitend and turned towards Kang Na Na.

“Thank you for helping me Zico shii, I’m glad I didn’t need to wake her up”, Kang Na Na said.

“No problem Na Na shii, she must be really tired after today, but I hope she enjoyed it too”, I said and with that we walked outside the door and closed it lightly.

I said goodnight to her and we agreed the time and place to meet at the next job on Wednesday for the recording of a new episode of Weekly idol.

“Will Eun Bit ah be there also?” I asked.

“I will ask her, but it depends on her school and homework, so we will just have to wait and see”, she answered.

I nodded and left the apartment.

I took me time walking down the stairs, it gave me time to think.

Eun Bit ah was shy around me and I knew that if she could she would have jumped from the seat and walked home when she saw me sitting down next to her. I saw the wariness again when I helped her with the seatbelt and how afterwards she tried to hide her face looking at her hands. 

I didn’t liked her being like that, but she was a fan and me her idol so it was to be expected. I just really wanted it to be something more than simple fangirl shyness.

When I reached the end of the stairwell I had come to a conclusion: She could hide from me, but only for now.

 

 

Eun Bit’s POV   

 

When my eyes slowly drifted open the first thing I noticed was that it was dark and that I was in someone’s arms. I was so surprised that I didn’t dare to move an inch and decided to keep my eyes closed. Suddenly a light was lit and I was put down unto a soft bed. A quilt was put over me and just then I dared to open my eyes slightly. I saw my aunt in a conversation with another person, but I couldn’t see his face because his back was turned toward me.

I might not see his face, but I could recognize his voice

Zico…

Zico was here, but why??

Luckily I recognized this room as my aunt’s guestroom and not my own room. I really didn’t want Zico of all people to see my room, because with all my Kpop stuff, including Block B stuff, he wouldn’t think of me as a sane person.

Then it all came back to me: our moment in the car and that I had fallen asleep. Zico must have carried me upstairs and my heart fluttered at the thought.

I started to listen to their conversation, because they seemed unaware of the fact that I was awake.

“Thank you for helping me Zico shii, I’m glad I didn’t need to wake her up”, my aunt said.

“No problem Na Na shii, she must be really tired after today, but I hope she enjoyed it too”, Zico said and with that he and my aunt walked outside the door and closed it lightly.

Through the door I could see a small light, but their voices had disappeared. I tried to listen harder, but my mind was leaning toward sleep instead and after a few minutes I lost the battle and fell asleep.

 

The next day I woke when the sun touched my face and I realized it was morning. Thankfully it was Sunday, so I had the whole day to prepare for school tomorrow. I stretched the sleep out of my body and found my purse by my feet. When I pulled out my phone it beeped with an incoming text message and when I unlocked it I saw 10 unread messages from Eun Soo. She was demanding to know every detail of last night.  

How was I ever to tell her everything when I wasn’t even sure what have happened and with that I thought about Zico.       

He really looked like he had been planning to kiss me and I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to show up again and test the theory.

Hold it!!! What was I thinking about, of course he didn’t wanted to kiss me, he doesn’t know anything about me and my aunt already told them about the part where I’m a crazy hardcore fangirl.  

With all the thoughts and ideas going around in my heart I thought it was going to explode.

“ARH”, I said out load and rustled my hair while burying my face in the pillow. I made up my mind to act normal and not let him affect me anymore.

Phew yeah good luck with that…

If I was lucky Eun Soo had some great advices to give, which could stop me from coming in those awkward situations with Zico ever again…  

 

I hope I got your hearts racing a little :D Thank you for reading and please coment or subscribe !!! Until next time