Bonded

Substitute Love

“There is the bride and groom.” Gary announced the arrival of Dong Hoon and Go Eun(Byul) at his restaurant.

“Sorry we were late. Last minute preparation for the upcoming wedding.” Dong Hoon apologized to the trio waiting for them. Dong Hoon, Gary and Jong Kook decided to have a private dinner together few days before Dong Hoon wedding to celebrate him becoming the first one to get married among the three of them. Jong Kook brought Ji Hyo along with him and this was the first time Ji Hyo met Go Eun. “Go Eun, this is Song Ji Hyo. Jong Kook Hyung’s girlfriend. This is my wife, Kim Go Eun.” Dong Hoon introduced Ji Hyo and Go Eun to each other.

“Nice to meet you Kim Go Eun-sii.” Ji Hyo greeted Go Eun.

“Nice to meet you too Song Ji Hyo-sii.”

“Enough of the introduction, let's just eat. I’m hungry!” Dong Hoon said.

Five of them began eating and chatting where they talked about Dong Hoon’s wedding which was happening in a few days time. The bride and groom-to-be were clearly nervous yet excited at the same time. Both of them looked very happy to be together. However, Ji Hyo kept a little quiet when they were talking all of them being at the wedding.

“Ji Hyo yah, are you alright?” Jong Kook asked when he noticed Ji Hyo was spacing out a little.

“Yeah, I’m okay.” Ji Hyo smiled at Jong Kook to assure him.

“Yah Song Ji Hyo! Don’t blank out when we were talking about my wedding! Doesn’t mean it’s not your wedding you can choose to not listen!” Dong Hoon made fun of her.

“Yah Ha Dong Hoon! I’m listening! I was thinking of something.” Ji Hyo agitatedly said.

 “Thinking about what?” Dong Hoon teased. “Don’t tell me you forgot about that day? You are coming right?”

“Yeah…” Ji Hyo hesitated a little when answering, but she quickly covered that fact by changing the topic. “I’m happy for you Go Eun-sii. I just hope you will be able to endure this annoying person.” Ji Hyo told Go Eun and it made everyone except for Dong Hoon laughed.  Their dinner continued with Dong Hoon and Ji Hyo bickering, laughter and talks about Dong Hoon and Go Eun. They eventually ended the day on a happy tone and Jong Kook sent Ji Hyo home.

“Ji Hyo yah, you seemed a little quiet during dinner. Anything you want to talk?” Jong Kook asked while driving to Ji Hyo’s house.

“I’m okay.” Ji Hyo said.

“Are you sure? You hesitated a little when Dong Hoon asked if you are coming to his wedding.” Ji Hyo was surprised that Jong Kook noticed her hesitation. She thought she hid it very well but it seemed that it could not be hidden from Jong Kook.

“Oppa, you knew Dong Hoon Oppa for about a decade right? Do you two have a lot of friends together?” Ji Hyo asked.

“Not really, we do have some mutual friends, but we are not very familiar. In fact, today is maybe the 3rd or 4th time I had seen Go Eun.”

“Really?” Ji Hyo sounded a little surprise. “So will you know many people at the wedding?”

“I doubt so. Maybe a few only. But I guess we are going to be with Gary most of the time.” Jong Kook replied.  “Why did you ask?”

“Oh nothing.” Ji Hyo sounded a little relieved. “I was just being curious.”

“You still have not told me why did you blank out?” Jong Kook probed.

“Oppa…” Ji Hyo hesitated. She was not sure if she should tell Jong Kook. Since the day Dong Hoon invited her to his wedding, she was a little worried. What if the same thing happened to the last time she went to an event with Jong Kook? She was not sure if she was ready to have another huge group of people comparing her with Seong Im. She was not sure if she would be able to handle such pressure again. When the both of them went out, none of them had mentioned anything related to Seong Im. They didn’t purposely avoid the topic, they just did not talk about it at all. They were so happy together till now, she did not want to ruin it with her worries. She felt slightly relieved when Jong Kook mentioned not much people would know Jong Kook which meant that not much people would talk about it.

“Ji Hyo yah.” Jong Kook held her hands after he stopped his car. “You can tell me anything. Share your worries with me.”

“I’m just too happy to be with you.” Ji Hyo said. “I’m afraid this happiness might be short lived.”

“So that’s why you are quiet?” Jong Kook smiled. “Come.” Jong Kook pulled her into his embrace. “Since when you are such a worrywart? What happened to the Song Ji Hyo I know said she should enjoy her life because she only lived once.”

“Are you mocking at me?” Ji Hyo asked when let go of Jong Kook and looked at him.

“Nope, I’m just asking you to enjoy our moment. Don’t say anything about our happiness is short lived. Don’t think that way.” He kissed her forehead and it made her smile. “There, someone is smiling.”

“Because you made me Oppa.” Ji Hyo kissed him back.

“And I will make you happier.” Jong Kook grinned and took the bag that was at the backseat of his car. “This is for you.” Jong Kook opened the box inside the bag and it showed a necklace with a double heart pendant.

“Oppa.” Ji Hyo gasped. “Why a random gift?”

“Because I want to. Turn around.” Ji Hyo did as she was instructed and lift her hair up. Jong Kook took out the necklace and wore it on Ji Hyo’s neck. In the midst, he gave her a gentle kiss on neck and her cheek. He then wrapped his arms around her shoulders. “I enjoy every single moment with you Song Ji Hyo. As much it is possible, I will keep you happy. Since the day I asked you to trust me, I will keep you happy. So, please don’t worry if it will be shortlived.”

Ji Hyo’s heart was warmed by Jong Kook’s heartfelt words. Even though the position they were in right now was slightly uncomfortable, she did not want to let go. She felt protected with him by her side. She placed his hand on her face and felt the warmth of his hands. “I like it when you hold me like this. I feel protected with you Oppa. Wish we could stay like this forever.”

“Don’t you find it uncomfortable?” Jong Kook asked in a teasing tone.

“A little.” Ji Hyo admitted when she understood Jong Kook was referring to their current position. They both let go and giggled.

“Let’s get you home.” Jong Kook said and they got off the car.

----------------

It was the day of Dong Hoon and Go Eun wedding. Dong Hoon looked suave and Go Eun looked beautiful.  Everyone was congratulating and celebrating for the both of them. Ji Hyo felt relieved when there no were no weird stares around her. She enjoyed the wedding with Jong Kook by her side.  They all sent their well wishes and congratulatory messages to the newlywed.

“Did I tell you, you looked stunning today.” Jong Kook told her while they were around the table.

“I think you said it for the…. Third time?” Ji Hyo giggled. She was wearing a long blue halter dress, making her look y yet elegant. Her hair was tied up in a bun to clearly show off her .

“Well, you looked really beautiful.” Jong Kook mentioned. “And if I could, I would like to drape your blazer over you. Your back is extremely distracting. Many are staring at you.”

“That would have spoiled the beauty of my dress Oppa.” Ji Hyo said playfully. “Right Gary Oppa?” She turned and asked the man on her right.

“Don’t drag me into your couple conversation ah Mong Ji. I don’t want to be involved in any squabbling that might happened.” Gary’s comment made the three of them laughed.

Dong Hoon came to join them with Go Eun after entertaining other guests. “Dong Hoon ah.” The three guys hugged together. “Finally, a new phase of your life.” Jong Kook said.

“Yes Hyung, can’t believe I’m the first one among three of us to get married.” Dong Hoon mentioned.

“Considering how a playboy you were last time, yes we were surprised.” Gary replied and three of them chortled. “Go Eun ah, promise you will let Dong Hoon meet us as usual. We still need the married man around. Don’t worry, we won’t lead him astray.”

Go Eun giggled at Gary’s words. “Yes, Gary Oppa. You should get a girlfriend soon. You are the only single among them.”

“I wished I had found someone that met my eyes.” Gary chuckled. “Right now, I’m highly available in the market.” Gary joked. In a split second, his gaze went to Ji Hyo and then to somewhere else. It was oblivious to everyone, but Jong Kook caught his stare and forced out a smile, covering the hint of jealousy he was getting. “Well enough about me, let’s toast to the the newlywed.” Gary initiated and five of them had a glass of champagne together.

When they are done drinking, Jong Kook took the glass away from Ji Hyo and told her. “Just one drink, okay.”

“Yes Mr Health-Conscious. You should not have any.” Ji Hyo giggled at the nickname she spontaneously created. She liked to use this nickname on Jong Kook when he tried to nag at her on being unhealthy.

“Special occasion for this newlywed.” Jong Kook said and the group laughed. The celebration continued with eating, dancing and conversing. After a long night, the wedding ended and Jong Kook sent Ji Hyo home safely. As usual, Jong Kook sent her up to her doorsteps where the couple embraced each other outside her door.

“You really looked very beautiful.” Jong Kook told Ji Hyo. “If I could, I would never let anyone see you in this dress. Don’t ever wear this dress again, I would feel extremely obligated to hug you by covering you the whole day.” Jong Kook caressed her . He became more courageous after that one drink, he felt his body turning hot, Ji Hyo became more beautiful under the dim light of her corridor. Their face got closer as their lips touched. His hand traveled around her back and then slowly he grabbed her waist to leave no space between them. Ji Hyo interlocked her arms around her as their tongues intertwined around each other. Ji Hyo made Jong Kook felt hotter than usual. His body felt like he was burning inside, his heartbeat thumping fast as it became more irregular. He wished that Ji Hyo could stop being more attractive, he might just eat her up right now. Before he lost control, he slowly let her go for her to open the door and she stepped into her house.

“I shall leave now.” Jong Kook told her. “Rest well, okay.” When he was about to turn, Ji Hyo grabbed his hand to prevent him from leaving.

“Oppa, stay with me for the night.” Ji Hyo looked with a pair of sincere eyes. Ji Hyo too, turned bolder with the influence of the alcohol. She wanted this man by her side, even at the cost of knowing what will happen later. He did not disagree. As though in a trance, he stepped into her house with her still holding his hands. The door slowly swung back to close by itself as they looked at each other, as if their minds were connected, picturing the scene that was about to happen. They wanted each other and that one drink just made them to be more courageous to acknowledge that.

“Are you sure you want to do this Ji Hyo yah?” Jong Kook asked, being still sober, still remembering having the fight between his heart and mind. He wanted her so bad, but he would not do anything without her permission. Instead of saying anything, Ji Hyo just planted a kiss on him and slowly removed the blazer that he was wearing. That was the answer he got.

He responded to her kisses with more passion.  Her tongue tasted like the champagne they drank, with more sweetness added to it. His mouth travelled down to her cheeks, and started nuzzling her arched neck. He breathed in the subtle sweet smell of her perfume that was lingering around her neck, making her more desirable.  Their steps slowly danced to the room without letting each other go.

She gradually ed his shirt with his help and that was the first time he saw his perfectly sculpted abs. She knew her boyfriend was muscular, but the shape of his abs made him even ier that she imagined. Her hands moved down from his chest to his stomach, feeling for the first time with no barrier.

Her sensual touch was heightening his senses; he started pulling the zipper on the side of the dress with one hand and another removing the knot on the neck that was holding the dress up. The dress fell and that instant it exposed her with nothing but her silky underwear. Jong Kook admired her flawless skin and shaped body that was so bare without anything on top. He reached to her waist, trying to minimize the distance between them.

Feeling embarrassed by how Jong Kook looked at her, she quickly covered her front by hugging Jong Kook tightly while looking down not wanting to show how shy she felt. Jong Kook smiled at her action, thinking how cute she was to be so bold with her words, but shy at her actions. He carried her and gently placed her on her bed, with him on top of her. They glanced at each other for a second as he reached out to her hands and interlocked their fingers. They closed their eyes as their lips pressed against each other with more lust and desire. It was electrifying as their chests grazed against each other.

He whispered closer to her ears, confirming once again if she really wanted this. She nodded, giving him the final response he wanted as he removed the rest of the garment. The night continued as their action showed how much they wanted and belonged to each other. They bonded together, their intimacy action, their attraction had brought their sensation to a higher level. Their desire, passion, lust, intensity, longing had made them together as one.

 

-----------