Enjoyed

Substitute Love

Inside a restaurant, a man was in his own world while a woman was talking about herself. In that man’s mind, the kiss that he had a few days ago was unforgettable. It was full of passion and lust that he could feel his body was on fire. That moment was still stuck on his mind ever since and he could not stop thinking about it.

“Oppa. Jong Kook Oppa.” That woman repeated. “Are you listening to me?”

“Ah yes Ye Jin ah.” Jong Kook came back into reality. “Sorry, I was thinking about something.” Ye Jin was a family friend of Jong Kook. Since young, Jong Kook had always treated her like a little sister. 

“Oppa, do you need to talk?” Ye Jin asked.

“Ermm…” Jong Kook hesitated.

“Come on Oppa, is not like we have anything to hide.” Ye Jin prompted. “Something about Seong Im?”

“Not really.” Jong Kook answered. “But maybe it is.” Jong Kook started talking to Ye Jin about Ji Hyo. He figured out maybe he would need to talk to someone after all. He had not had a chance to talk to Dong Hoon about his feelings because he was too busy trying to prepare his wedding and he simply could not bring himself to talk about it with Gary. Furthermore, perhaps it would be better if he had a girl’s point of view about the whole incident.

“Then you kissed her just like that?” Ye Jin chuckled. “How was it Oppa? How did it feel?”

“Err good? I guess she was a good kisser.” Jong Kook thought. “Why did you ask?” Jong Kook sounded a little flustered after understand Ye Jin’s question.

“What are you thinking at that time Oppa?” Ye Jin replied with a question.

“I don’t know. I was not thinking. We were talking… Then it just happened.” Jong Kook admitted.

“I wonder what will happen if her phone did not ring.” Ye Jin commented and Jong Kook blushed. He was not able to get an answer himself. “I’m surprised you are acting this way Oppa. What happened to the Kim Jong Kook I know?” Ye Jin chuckled.

“Don’t tease me Ye Jin ah.” Jong Kook said, feeling slightly embarrassed from her question..

“Oppa, did you fall for her?” Ye Jin turned into a serious tone.

Jong Kook kept silent as he was not able to get that answer from himself either. Did he really fall for Song Ji Hyo? What about Seong Im? Did he just forget her just in days when he spent time with Ji Hyo? Or was it because of Seong Im then he thought he fell for Ji Hyo because they simply looked too alike.

“The person Song Ji Hyo, you mentioned she looked like Seong Im right?” Ye Jin asked. “But do you feel that she was Seong Im when you were with her? Were you thinking of Seong Im when you kissed her?”

“No.” Jong Kook answered. “It was a different feeling.” Even though he could not get an accurate answer, he knew that Ji Hyo gave a different feeling to him compared to the feeling when he was with Seong Im. It felt more intense and more overwhelming.

“Oppa, I guessed you are confused because they looked alike. Even you fall for her, you are not sure if it was right. You feel guilty towards both of them, because you do not fully understand your feelings right now either.” Ye Jin figured. “Did you speak to her after that?”

 “No… I have not figured a way out to.” Jong Kook said. “I don’t think she want to talk about it either. She just left in a rush after that.”

“Why not just go with the flow Oppa?” Ye Jin suggested. “It’s time you should move on from Seong Im to a new relationship. I don’t think you want to be single your whole life right? I’m pretty sure Seong Im would not want you to mourn for her forever.”

“But…”

“Maybe you should just forget the fact they looked alike for once.” Ye Jin suggested. “Just forget about it and take Song Ji Hyo as another girl you are interested. I believe from there, you could find out your own feelings. Give yourselves a chance to move on Oppa, don’t tie yourselves to someone that is not around anymore.”

“Maybe Ji Hyo-sii don’t feel the same way as I do.”

“Oppa, don’t lie to yourselves. If she does not like you, she would not act this way. You yourselves should know that. Give her a chance too.” Ye Jin said. “Ask her out tomorrow! Let me call her for you.” Before Jong Kook could react, Ye Jin had grabbed his phone and dialed Ji Hyo’s number.

“It’s ringing.” Ye Jin grinned sheepishly as she hand over the phone to Jong Kook.

“Yobuseyo.” Jong Kook heard Ji Hyo’s voice over the phone.

“Ji Hyo-sii.” Jong Kook sounded a little panicky and didn’t realize the woman on the line was as nervous as him. “Do you want to have dinner together tomorrow?” Jong Kook asked carefully while looking at Ye Jin smiling at him. “I will pick you up at the café tomorrow. See you.” Jong Kook hanged up the phone after confirm with Ji Hyo.

“I hope I would hear good news tomorrow Oppa.” Ye Jin said. “Now, let’s continue what I was talking just now.”

------------------------

 “Noona, shouldn’t you get ready soon?” Kwang Soo asked Ji Hyo who was busy at the counter.

“What is there to get ready?”

“Aren’t you supposed to be on a date tonight?” Kwang Soo reminded her.

“Oh yeah!” Lizzy added. “Unnie, aren’t you getting ready? Change out to a new outfit or something?”

“What wrong with my outfit?” Ji Hyo looked at herself. She was wearing simple striped top with black bottom.

“Nothing.” Lizzy said. “But shouldn’t you dress to impress on your first date?”

“It’s not like I’m having dinner with him the first time.” Ji Hyo said. “Plus I’m having just having a dinner, not on a date. Jong Kook-sii said dinner, not date.” Ji Hyo emphasized.

“Eyy, noona. Don’t twist the words.” Kwang Soo commented. “It’s obviously a date.”

“Kwang Soo Oppa is right.” Lizzy agreed. “Maybe you could at least put on some makeup.”

“Or maybe you could go down the store and buy some clothes.”

“You really need to do something about your clothes Noona.”

“Okay you two win.” Ji Hyo surrendered from her two dongsaeng constant nagging.” I will put on some makeup.” She grabbed her makeup pouch and proceeded to the washroom while Lizzy and Kwang Soo gave a Hi-Fived each other.

A short while after Ji Hyo stepped into the washroom, Jong Kook came into the café with a bouquet on his hand. “Jong Kook Oppa.” Lizzy greeted him. “Ji Hyo Unnie is preparing herself, just wait a moment she will be out soon.”

“Thanks Lizzy.” Jong Kook smiled and noticed a tall figure standing besides her smiling to him.

“Hi. I’m Lee Kwang Soo.” Kwang Soo introduced himself. “This is the first time we met but I heard a lot about you Kim Jong Kook-sii from Ji Hyo Noona.” Kwang Soo giggled.

Both man greeted and shook hands. “Ji Hyo-sii constantly mentioned to you about me?” Jong Kook asked.

“Sometimes, but I heard enough.” Kwang Soo chuckled. “And I’m sorry…” Kwang Soo murmured.

“About?” Jong Kook heard the last 3 words Kwang Soo was saying.

“For interrupt…”

Before Kwang Soo could say finish saying anything, Ji Hyo had hit him from the back. “Lee Kwang Soo, do you really want to die.” Ji Hyo threatened while trying to grab his hair.

“Okay Noona, I’m sorry! Forgive me!” Kwang Soo panicked a little and surprised Jong Kook who was watching. He found it so entertaining to see her to act this way.

Ji Hyo quickly turned to Jong Kook’s direction to greet him. “Jong Kook-sii.” Ji Hyo greeted nervously. “Please don’t mind him, he is sprouting nonsense again.”

Jong Kook giggled at Ji Hyo words. “This is for you.” Jong Kook handed the bouquet over to Ji Hyo. He looked at Ji Hyo when she took the flowers and thought how beautiful she was. Her face was glowing with some pink blusher on her cheeks and slightly pale pink colour on her lips made it looked very kissable. “You look very beautiful.”

“Thanks…” Ji Hyo said as her cheeks reddened. “… For the flowers, they are very nice.” In the background, Kwang Soo and Lizzy was smiling at Ji Hyo’s reaction.

“Are you free to go?” Jong Kook asked. “If not I could always wait.”

“Yes she is free to go now.” Kwang Soo and Lizzy said at the same time. Ji Hyo glared at their spontaneous reaction.

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook then proceeded to leave the café. They walked over to Jong Kook’s car where Jong Kook opened the car door for her to get in. Jong Kook drove both of them down to a restaurant near Han River. They sat at the outdoor area of the restaurant where the scenery of Han River could be seen.

“This place is very nice.” Ji Hyo commented. “Do you always bring girls here?”

“No. You are the first one. A friend of mine recommended this place.” Jong Kook replied. He reminded himself in his mind to thank Ye Jin for this recommendation. He did not want to bring her some place where he and Seong Im used to go. He was afraid Ji Hyo would mind that fact.

On the other hand, Ji Hyo was having the same thought. She was worried if he brought her to somewhere they could reminisce about his past. She felt slightly relieved. They began to enjoy the food and chatted about almost anything except for Seong Im and that kiss. The topic eventually went to Kwang Soo.

“So I see your help is back.” Jong Kook said. “He seems like a funny guy.”

“He is an annoying joker.” Ji Hyo commented.

Jong Kook laughed. “But I think he cares for you a lot.”

“My brother and he are best friends.” Ji Hyo said. “We knew each other since a long time ago. To me, he is like another little brother I never had. And you are right, he does care for me.”

“And with him, you could relaxed a little. Perhaps you could fufil your dream of sleeping at home.” Jong Kook said after remembering the last time when they talked about it. “I won’t need to help you in the café too, it’s too tiring.”

“I could always use extra help.” Ji Hyo joked. “With that I really could rest at home without worry.” It was a simple dinner for both of them and they got to know each other better. After dinner, they strolled through the Han River.

“Thanks for the dinner.” Ji Hyo said. “You know you did not have to pay for my share.”

“How could I let you get the tab?” Jong Kook said. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

Ji Hyo laughed a little. “I really enjoyed tonight Jong Kook-sii.” She stopped and looked at him. “Thanks for asking me out.”

Jong Kook stopped to look at her. Under the moonlight, they looked more attractive than usual. Heeding to the advice they had gotten really helped them to enjoy tonight. Their mutual feelings grew stronger, their heart raced faster as they got closer. They are attracted to each other. It was the same feelings they had when they were sitting on that sofa. 

“About the kiss…” Jong Kook asked, breaking the silence so as to restrain himself from doing the same thing again. “I…”

“I have no regrets.” Ji Hyo continued. “Don’t be sorry.” He was surprised that the woman knew what he was about to say. He wanted to apologize for kissing her, yet he had no regrets too. It was like they were in synced. The sentence that Ji Hyo made his heart beat faster. It was like a sign telling him to do kiss her again. This desire was too strong it was almost too difficult to control.

It was that moment of rush, he hugged her by grabbing her waist. She reciprocated by wrapping her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulder. It was as if the world did not matter to them as they continued to stay that way. A moment later, they let go of each other with the arms still around each other. “Can I….” He asked when they fixuated their gazed at each other. When he saw her nodding slightly, they moved towards each other with their lips touched. Together, they closed their eyes and enjoyed the moment.   

 

----------------------------

Sorry for the lousy chapter. :( Feel free to comment though. xoxo .:)