Change

Last Smile

Our summer vacation ended already. Chanyeol dropped me off my house and helped me unpacked all my things. My parents weren't here since they went abroad and enjoy their summer there. My brother isn't here as well he's always out and hanging out with his friends. Anyway, the guys went to their own places as well and probably resting by now. I went to kitchen when everything is back to where it is and made us a coffee. I was busy mixing the sugar in the cup of how water with coffee on it when Chanyeol hugged me tight from behind. I stumbled my feet when I felt him breathing in my nape. I was ticklish that's why.

 

"Baek.."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

I looked at his face and it seems like he was going to tell me something serious. I walked to the dining table since I already finish making coffee. As we sat down, I take a zip and looked at him again.

 

"Go on. What is it?"

 

"You should really take a shower now." He said in his serious face.

 

"Eh? Waeyo?" I said with my shocking face. Is that what he's going to tell me? I was actually expecting more serious thing than that,

 

"You need to take a shower now Baek. You stink." He said then laughed.

 

"YAH!" I slapped him on his shoulders.

 

"Ouch! Im serious baek. You smell like dried fish." He continued laughing.

 

I do as I was told. After drinking my coffee I took a shower while he was in the living room watching T.V. I walked out my room while damping my towel on my head to fry my hair. Chanyeol stood up quickly as I walk towards him. He hugged me for a second and pecked my cheeks.

 

"Baekhyun I need to go now.. Mianhe"

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"My mom needs me in the cafe.."

 

"Ow ok I understand. It's closing time so you should really go and help them now."

 

"Thanks.."

 

"No worries.."

 

"Ok then. I'll go now. Bye.. Goodnight Baek.."

 

"Unn..drive safely ne?"

 

"I love you Baek.. take care of yourself."

 

"Yes I will."

 

We bid goodbyes like were never gonna see each other tomorrow.

 

**

 

 After the day Chanyeol dropped me off my house. He never calls me or even send at least one message. When I went to their cafe shop I ask the staff where he is but they don't know. His parents wasn't there as well. I wonder where they are. I wonder if they had their summer vacation as well. Maybe they're out of town for awhile. I keep myself for thinking postive. I miss him so much already. It's been almost three weeks and I haven't heard anything about him. In two weeks we will be going back to school. We will be in second year in our senior year. I hope we all stick together like before.

 

Monday morning, I was so bored and lonely at home so I went to Kyungsoo's house to hang out. I rang Luhan and told him to go there and he said he'll go in an hour. I think he just woke up. Lazy kiddo. When I got there I saw a familiar car parked outside their house. I press the door bell and someone the curtains to check whos outside. When I realize that person whos there is Kai. Aish. Kyungsoo didn't even mention that Kai is here. It's kinda awkward butting in their own time. I hope Luhan will come soon.

 

"Oh hello." I said when I laid my eyes on Kai who is sitting very comfortable in the couch while drinking juice.

 

"Hi baek..ow take a seat" He smiled and take a zip again on his glass of juice. "Kyungie..baekhyun is here now." He yelled then laughed.

 

How sweet of them. I wish I could do that to Chanyeol right now. I whispered.

" eh? were you saying something? Kai said

 

"Oh no..nothing" I sat down and saw Kyungsoo coming from the kitchen wearing his chef clothes. I wonder what his cooking.

 

Once I saw him I quickly jumped off my seat and hugged him.

 

"I missed you kyung.."

 

"What's wrong? Suddenly, why did you become like that?"

 

"What? Can't you just say that you miss me too."

 

"Mianhe. But I don't miss you." He pulled out the hug and laughed.

 

"YAH!" I slapped him on his shoulder and went back to my seat.

 

"So how are you? How's Chanyeol?"

 

"Im fine..and about Chanyeol.. uhm"

 

"Wae? What happened to Chanyeol?"

 

"I..well he hasn't call or text since then."

 

"Jinjja?" He turn over to Kai now and said "Where's Chanyeol? Do you know anything?"

 

"Well I don't actually. I was just about to ask Baekhyun that." He said

 

Hearing that from one of his closest friend. Got my hopes down. I really don't know what's happening to him. How come he's not telling me. I don't realy know what to do now. I already tried to go and see him at their shop and I guess I couldn't find him through his friends as well since they don't know anything either. My thoughts were interrupted when the door bell rung. The door opened and then there's Luhan. Im glad he came earlier than what he said to me on the phone. So we all talked about what we did for the past weeks. I told Luhan the thing about Chanyeol and he said he's probably busy. After eating lunch we watched a movie then Me and Luhan went home afterwards. 

 

I was still outside my house when I notice the light was open inside. I saw a familiar shoes outside the door. I quickly went in to see if its him and I was right. It's him. It's Park Chanyeol. But how come he didn't bring his car with him. He was wearing a black beanie, plain white shirt and a pants. His skin looked pale than before.

 

"How did you get in? Where's your car? Why didn't you call or just text me? What happ.."

 

"Baek sit down first.." He interrupted my nonstop questions. So I did as I was told to and wait for him to answer my questions. Well atleast answer one.

 

"Remember you gave me a duplicate key before. My car is at home I feel like taking the bus and I didn't get to call or text you because I lost my phone." He said in his serious face. I went closer to him to hug him. I hold his hands and It's surprisingly cold. 

 

"I was worried about you. I missed you Chanyeol."

 

"Can you stop going to the cafe Baek." He said and pulled out the hug.

 

"eh? Wae? Chanyeol.." He stood up handing me the keys.

 

"Thanks for everything. I think it will be better if we end what we have now."  He said that seriously. Tears falling off my cheeks. I don't understand why he is suddenly saying this. I didn't get to say anything but cry. He walked out the door and the last thing he said to me keeps on replaying in my head.

 

"Goodbye Baekhyun."